• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
But you left the trollface, so it makes it look like I'm sarcastically saying you're the most likely to survive. What have you done!?

:248:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I worked for 3 days in Texas summer in a warehouse for my dad. 105-110 degrees even with AC... Get box. Open box. Take out shirts. Unfold shirts. Tag shirts. Notice how shirts have rubbed left index finger raw from tagging. Fold shirts. Put in box. Close box. Tape box. Carry box to other end of the warehouse. Rinse, repeat. I never want to work in a warehouse again. But it was a good eye-opener lesson from my dad.
Wow, you get to have AC's over there? do you have AC's in everything? i bet you guys even have aircon in your house -__-
still, texas heat and all that. ive been working in a storage warehouse, so basically ive been grabbing boxes, organising them into jenga-esque piles and then dragging said pile over to a wrapping machine, and then dragging it to the delivery entrance so it can go off to some company.
simply put, im being paid to do heavy weight training XD

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I work outside everyday. If it's 110 degrees(like now), I deal with it. If it's 40 degrees, I deal with it.

Wish I had a desk job. =_=

Hot weather you sweat and therefore get wet.
Cold weather you walk around in snow which makes all your clothes indoors wet.

Water is the true enemy here.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i was like 'what' untill i remembered america works in farenheit. got scared as balls when you said it gets to 110 degrees XD
so went and worked at centreparcs today, doing room cleaning...i want to be back at my warehouse. so much better to work in a male dominanat enviroment, wimin enviroments are hell

Heartstring

Smash Legend
110 equates to 43.3, so pretty damn close
either way, thats pretty hot. i think it highest temperature we've had in england is 38C/101F.
i definetely a cold temperature person.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Hottest it ever gets here in NS is closer to 30C. We've had winter nights where the temperature drops below -40C, which I believe converts to -40F as well. Temperatures that low are rare, and usually involve strong wind chill as well.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I prefer to use Kelvin. 44 degrees Celsius is over 300 degrees Kelvin, and 0 degrees Kelvin is where matter ceases to move (supposedly). Pretty boss if you ask me.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
kelvin is what stuff should be done in, pretty simple too, theres no minus values possible on it
0K=-273C
so 44C=317K

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
You ever see that stuff about superfluids close to 0 Kelvin? Pretty ridiculous stuff. Liquids lose all viscosity and friction, and are able to "climb" surfaces vertically in order to level off. If, for example, an empty container is lowered like a boat into a pool of the liquid, it will ooze up over the rim of the container and fill it until the level of the liquid inside the container matches the level outside.

I love crap like that.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
meh i just know it feels so good outside today :p
must be sign of hurricane

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
If there was enough superfluid liquid for you to swim in, you'd already be dead because the natural temperature would be way too low for pretty much any life to even have a hope of trying to survive. But it would be pretty funny if liquid could do that on a large scale. It would basically cover everything it can access eventually, spread itself thin vertically across the entire world.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
superfluids, its pretty broken stuff. its also what causes about 99% of plane crashes, because they freeze as something ionic comes into contact with them. they fly through a superfluid cloud, everything gets iced, cant do **** and crash
manly water

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
So...Ryo is now PR'd in FL (#6)

He better than San yet?

/troll

Are there any recent videos of San in singles?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That was a tourny filled with a lot of star power so to speak. I really wanted to see Ryo there, because he's been doing a lot of good work in his state. The guy has improved a lot, and it would have been great to see a side by side comparison with San.

I believe the only national tourny Ryo has attended in the past year is MLG Florida. He got 16th.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
Well I guess I didn't have to come and and say anything...but I'm going to apex. So we will see what happens lol

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
He is .. We're MM teams with double Ike

In other news, hurricane Irene is flying straight through NJ.. Whee a hurricane... Just after an earthquake too. Lets hope my house stays intact :x

Category 2 i think.. Could become 3.. Shouldn't be too bad

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
He is .. We're MM teams with double Ike

In other news, hurricane Irene is flying straight through NJ.. Whee a hurricane... Just after an earthquake too. Lets hope my house stays intact :x

Category 2 i think.. Could become 3.. Shouldn't be too bad
Stay safe, camp as hard as you can, and then Fair/Bair the nado when it gets too close. Counter works too since you can anticipate it.

Top Bottom