• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I hate sequelitis

ruins so many series. Some sequels do it right though...

Alright, i figured out the last orb, it was Yuusino's orb of light. Anyways, True End time. Exactly like I pictured it...
bright light engulfing Toyoma and Nagisa living the childbirth.
At second I thought maybe the orb of light would be used to save
Ushio from dying in the main end
but then I thought that'd be stupid as a true ending would be happy with the whole family.

So this let's play is now oveeeer~

Well there is baseball extra ending and the idoit-guy (not looking up his name) bad ending but i dunno...

Finished the main story of Clannad over 1 break! yata!

That said... Nagisa still isn't in my top 3, I still prefer Kyou, Tomoyo, and Kotomi's story over hers.. BUT... Ushio's arc is also... really good. But since its a parental arc instead of a conquering arc, I can't compare them as I enjoy them for different reasons.

I am pumped to watch the anime now! Wondering how it will go too, also hype to see characters actions with what they say. All i pray is that the English voice acting is good.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Congrats on finishing Clannad. Yeah I remember learning about the Sunohara bad end. Oh and there's a character in the VN that wasn't shown in the anime, Kappei Hiiragi. Oh and I believe it's yatta because it's a long a. I don't really know I don't take Japanese.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You could be right jam, I don't type japanese that much ahaha

Kappei is required because he has an orb of light. I did talk about his story too earlier o.o

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
post number 15391 has me saying I just finished true end of after story.

I'm done with Clannad unless I figure out how to get Koumura to assist in Tomoyo's 64 hit combo, want to do the baseball ending, or the Sunohara ending

I did do some Yukine route extras getting Tomoyo, Nagisa, and Kyou stuck in the gym storage room xD Hilarious but you are stuck on Yukine's route so no awkwardness is possible.

Oh wait you mean after story in the anime don't ya? XD

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
post number 15391 has me saying I just finished true end of after story.

I'm done with Clannad unless I figure out how to get Koumura to assist in Tomoyo's 64 hit combo, want to do the baseball ending, or the Sunohara ending

I did do some Yukine route extras getting Tomoyo, Nagisa, and Kyou stuck in the gym storage room xD Hilarious but you are stuck on Yukine's route so no awkwardness is possible.

Oh wait you mean after story in the anime don't ya? XD
yep
loltencharlimitneedadropkick

C.J.

Smash Master
64 hit combo-
After you have Koumura's light, go back to Tomoyo's path on May 11th. Choose kick him back. EZ-PZ

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I do have his light which is why its confusing me why he doesn't show up

I shouldn't have to play through Tomoyo's route all from the beginning right?

Speaking of which, I'm downloading the dub atm to watch later this week. Holy crap each episode is done in 1 minute o.O 100 MB downloads so fast

C.J.

Smash Master
Shouldn't, no.
When I was searching for differences between the VN and the anime that kept popping up over and over and over again, despite me not caring about it, that I just know that part of it.

Also, poor Ike boards. Derailed into Clannad talk.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Indigo is a hard color to read isn't it? =____=?

I'm gonna have to settle with purple even though it's not really the color for Kotomi..

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I just started watching the anime, and it seems that the dub is terrible.
As far as I can tell, the Japanese version has the original voice actors. :D
(except Tomoya, who obviously has a new one)
Also, poor Ike boards. Derailed into Clannad talk.
All because an Olimar visited your boards... JUST AS PLANNED!
WAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to derail your discussions. :<

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I just read all of Ussi's posts with a girl's voice now. No use doing otherwise.

Also, Sequelitis is amazing. Makes so many good points that people nowadays overlook because they're too busy playing rehashes and $70 upgrade packs.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Stop cluttering up my board with this weakling VN weeaboo junk that I've had to put up with for who knows how many pages now

Seriously. Old now, stop b'awing your unmanly tears over it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I just read all of Ussi's posts with a girl's voice now. No use doing otherwise.
I do the same, habit from playing MMOs

Oh hey it's Kotomi playing the violin. Oh shi-

Sen I have yet to play you in Soku D:
Sen, i wanna play ya too. Oh yea, you'll want to run before Kotomi starts playi- *dead*

Stop cluttering up my board with this weakling VN weeaboo junk that I've had to put up with for who knows how many pages now

Seriously. Old now, stop b'awing your unmanly tears over it.
I resent that, I'm not a weeabo. Weeabos can't stand dubs, which I love. Also its been 7/14/somewhere in the middle pages

why the heck are there 7 guests viewing this board o_O

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'd say its not counter-productive, but Niddo would be better off bringing up a new topic instead of telling us not to talk about it.

I'm done my lets play Clannad so I'm not gonna be bringing it up until after I finish the anime now.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
The Ike boards are the only place I go to here anymore. I kinda lost interest in playing/reading VNs, but might start up again over winter break. What if BS talked about 999?

Niddo's post reminded me of that SNL skit a while back. I wouldn't want to be those kinds of people.

@BS: I think it depends what was being discussed before.

@Bored: thanks for that Sequelitis thing. "WHEN ARE YOU GONNA RUN OUT AND FALL APART!!?"

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I wouldnt mind so much, except for the fact that the vain ******* made the blog himself!
if someone else thought it was worthwhile to get him there then fair play, but otherwise...no

I sometimes get sad that I'm single.

Then I come to the Ike boards and remind myself I'm pretty well off.
Another post that proves smashboards needs a like button

I don't frequent the light house.. lol I might consider it then
Take clannad with you please. All the talk about it makes me curious about it, which means i end up spending precious money on it.

Also guys, i have a tournament this weekend. i plan on going almost all ike (if icies or olimar pop up, the rob comes out). I'm currently trying out the A-stick, but i'm still not sure, should i stick to what i know or try it out?

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
A-stick or no really comes down to personal preference. I can do retreating Nairs without it, which is the only thing I'd really change in my playstyle between the two (I don't go for walkoff aerials outside of Fair as a edgeguard mixup now). If you're trying to make the change permanent, then I'd say go A-stick. Otherwise just go with either one.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's really easy to tell when an Ike is using A-stick or not. To me, I feel very limited without it. It's worth learning, at least.

I'm not inhibited at all using that method, so I am fine using it.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
I made the visual novel thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=314856

I'm still bringing up anime I watch here though. :awesome:
3. Don't talk about the eroge part of visual novels

FFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!!!
Also stop asking bout soku u 2, im having a pain trying to complete a segment in daiteikoku atm. ****ing game loves to troll me so much.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If you talk about eroge the thread will get locked :\ rule has to exist

Also, Clannad in English isn't too bad. THERE is a problem with how they are addressing people as have the time there is -kun/chan and half the time there isn't. Nagisa's VA suits her so well though, that i'm liking her more. Kyou's sounds like what I would expect from an English VA cast too.. Tomoyo has the right tone with her too~ Okasaki has the perfect VA. Sunohara sounds ridiculous, but that adds to his dumb character. Took some time to get used too though.. Its also much more hilarious hearing all these jokes in English. Fuuko sounds cute, so good job there.. I like they kept botan saying puhi.. yea i'm liking the dub minus the confusion with addressing names.

So from episode 1-7 its been Fuuko's route o_O!! I'm surprised. They even did the whole pranks side joke ahahaha.

My main concern is... WHY IS USHIO IN THE OPENING?!?!?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
A lot of it is timing jabs, and knowing when to approach with aerials or on the ground with jabs. Olimar cannot grab jab1->jab2, and he can barely grab jab1->jab1. I try to mess up oli's timing, get him with aerials, etc.

The key to the matchup is successfully following up when oli is in the air. Against us, he is mostly helpless offensively since our aerials go through everything. Keeping him in the air with aerials like nair, jabs, and pivot grabs is essential.

EDIT: Use dash attack sparingly to interrupt a pikmin throw or something, too.

Get pikmin off with nair or jabs

Bthrow to dash attack must be buffered after 30-40% or you get whistled.

Top Bottom