• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
wow dude, just good to know youre back. we can forgive the fact that you havent been on here XD i mean its not like its the end of the world if you dont come on here. so yknow, i hope you get back to full health asap.
also dont get addicted to those meds son XD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Good to hear that you didn't ditch us or something crazy bad happened to you (although judging from how long you were gone with the surgery, must've been a pretty sensitive one). And here I thought I was gonna take your mod powers away lol.

In any case, yea you got a lot to catch up on, but take your time. Not like any of this is going anywhere. Don't stress yourself and all that good junk.

From now on, I recommend carrying a 1-Up, Remedies, X-Potions, or Auto-Life.

There's a movie? :O
That clip I linked was to the movie. I recommend watching the blue-ray version as it has a bunch of extra scenes and details.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Oh, I'm just gonna assume Nys needed ***** enhancement surgery because his girlfriend dubbed him not manly enough. Only reason he wouldn't want us to know what the surgery was about.

JOE!

Smash Hero
no he means they as in the people on each characters boards.
unless you got ALL the data yourself, in which case thats insane and you require a shiny medal
I didnt actually *get* the data myself, rather went ot every board and scoured to get as much data for each character as i could...

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Cool story, bro.

You know, we have rather complete frame/damage/trajectory/hitbox/everything data already for our character. I'm not sure why you just came into our discussion thinking you're hot ****.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Nys is back, cool.
I figured out how to embed a song into a post but only a mod(I think) is allowed to do it.
:l

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I was sincerely hoping that you would come back to us alive. Or that your death would be quick and painless, as GP said.

Glad it was the former instead of the latter.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Sodium levels are rising. Lets just chillax doods, Nyke will see it hopefully.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Embed a song into a post? You'd have to use html I assume, which I can do as a mod. Do we really want to embed a song in the OP here (I thought that discussion ended badly before)? Or is this for something else? O.o

:034:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yay, the other Canadian is back!

And yay for meds! I've been on morphine for a week twice before, so I understand how some meds can completely drain you. Ever tried playing Mario Kart 64 while only having about half of your thinking ability? It's rather funny.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yay, the other Canadian is back!

And yay for meds! I've been on morphine for a week twice before, so I understand how some meds can completely drain you. Ever tried playing Mario Kart 64 while only having about half of your thinking ability? It's rather funny.
Two words: Rainbow Road.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
I think you're the only one taking it seriously .-.
Life: It's srs business. But no it's not that serious to me im just that guy that hates conflict. Ironic i love fighting and shooters though RPG's the best over all.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ha, well you should be used to fake fighting and trolling over the internet. Come on now. Besides, you've been here long enough to how I can be. 80% of the time, I don't even mean it.

Now Red on the other hand...

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Embed a song into a post? You'd have to use html I assume, which I can do as a mod. Do we really want to embed a song in the OP here (I thought that discussion ended badly before)? Or is this for something else? O.o

:034:
There's actually a way to stop the song if you don't want it to play. Anybody can stop the song for themselves.
Now Red on the other hand...
wat :l

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
*obligatory welcome back Nys response*

A power outage in town for a few hours this night wrecked a tournament I was at. I was in grand finals and losers' finals didn't happen yet, and I had to split with top 3, oh well I suppose..

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i'm also attending a tournament next week, and im doomed in doubles.
mr doom, how do i cover up for a rubbish partner? you seem to do a lot of doubles

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm attending a tourny this upcoming weekend also. Thinking of doing doubles with Poltergust. Not much of a doubles guy, but I'm really interested in the Ike and Yoshi tandem. Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm attending a tourny this upcoming weekend also. Thinking of doing doubles with Poltergust. Not much of a doubles guy, but I'm really interested in the Ike and Yoshi tandem. Anyone have any tips or suggestions?
I teamed with yoshi quite a bit before. Pretty fun. Yoshi has grab release to Ike's kill moves, so abuse that and Yoshi's egg grab -> followup, too.

Yoshi doesn't really need babying or anything like that in doubles, too, so you don't really need to worry all the time about him, just an occasional lookout.

Can't recall much more since the last time I really teamed with yoshi a lot was quite a while ago.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I figure he can also bail me out with an egg to give me a chance to recover, but that sounds tough and very theoretical to do. I can't see him egg camping while I tank because the egg's angles are so limited, I'm bound to get hit also.

But yes, egg comboing sounds legit along with grab release.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yes, you will come to love the grab release imo.

Top Bottom