• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, I'm sorry, but that's funny. In watching his videos, he really doesn't seem very good. And then there's his big announcement of, "Oh, my career has to come to an end. Everyone who fought alongside me blahblahblahblhablahsldkabskdlfjalfk."

Sort of made me vomit.

And yes, I'll team with you, Mustafa, if you don't find a better opportunity.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I've been meaning to ask this. Anyone ever try playing brawl with no vibration?
I don't think no one uses vibration since it can cause you to mess up on some button inputs and execution.
If anybody uses, they're a ****** imo.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
If anyone actually pronounces/spells his name Mufasa they'd be pretty dumb. My brother's name is Corwin, and he has it clearly spelled like that on his name tag at work, and the other day one of his co-workers asked him, very earnestly "so is it pronounced Cormin or Corwin?".

Edit: Super ninja'd. I take too long to submit posts.

Edit2: I don't even know if I use vibration... but I think I do. And I also am pretty sure most players do as well, I can't really see how it could mess up your inputs.

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I used to have it, but it was more of an indication on how to react from hits more than anything else. The controller I bought off Brett doesn't have vibration so, I've gotten used to that.

Reg15

Smash Apprentice
Yea see I've been thinking like wouldn't it help you concentrate when your being attacked? Kinda like halo . It's easier to stay focus.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
For anyone who knows what Code Geass is, you might be pleased to know that there have been two chapters released of a new manga that takes place a few centuries before the events of the main show. Looks promising, so you might want to keep an eye on it.

If you have NOT seen Code Geass than you are missing out on what is probably one of the best shows made this century. That's how highly I think of the show. If you listen to just one thing that I have to say here, then I would definitely recommend that you watch it.

I really haven't known anyone to have disliked the show, most of the people I know love it. Give it a try, I guess.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
unfortunately I'm not going to the tourney brett is going to, i wanted to but i was at a concert last night and wasn't home til like midnight and that was all off of 3hrs of sleep so i didn't wake up til just now and i think it started at 12 XD if I went I would have played as Snake since its a free tourney i would be able to see how i do in tourney without risking money xD. Good luck Brett and Bored, sorry I can't see you one last time before you leave Bored. If it isn't too far I might come for friendlies not sure =\

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I never cpuld figure out which manga was the first book of the series and ended up not figuring it out... Though i guess i can read online

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Just got back from Quakecon. Holy crap was that place jam packed. At least the room where Brawl was. SF4 was right next to us, and it was super crammed. Played my first match at 1:20 and waited till 2:30 for my second. Lost to Lee Martin (MK) in winners and Dphat (MK) in losers. Played a total of 5 sets.

There was really no room to friendly. Quakecon gave us a small space to work with, so it hindered us pretty badly. The tourny started off super slow, but eventually picked up some steam. Not blaming Xyro or Zac for this at all. Still though, wouldn't go back there ever again for a Brawl tourny =/.

Other events were pretty cool. A lot of free give aways (graphics cards?!), bunch of tournaments, events, etc. I'll post some pictures up later.

Oh and Brett lost in the 2nd around to ALSM's MK. The tourny format was a bit strange. If you won more than 2 rounds, you were eligible for double elimination. If you didn't win 2 rounds, you got eliminated.

For anyone that cares, I got to play Fallout: New Vegas. Game is gonna be great.

Edit: So that gif image of my snake getting ***** came from Shadow Ike, who created an AiB group called "Stark Fanclub". -_-....gotta love meat riders.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Snake players are so cautious and are constantly trying to figure out what your gonna do next so they can punish it.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Random, but man this site is getting sadder and sadder by the day. Stubbled upon that insanely stupid topic suggesting that the character with the most air time at the end of a match loses in the tactical section (obviously targeting MK, but not wanting to ban him), with a thinly disguised point of "BTW, you need a very conservative stage list, otherwise the game doesn't work", and a massive flame war of stupidity on both sides, with occasional has-beens(or w/e you want to call it) like ADHDs randomly flaming people they see in there and don't like, without even bothering to touch the point.

Besides the fact that a stage list that narrow will never be adopted by the BBR due to the fact they need a list that every area can work with, the sheer stupidity of punishing characters who rely on air games just because MK can air camp, the fact that tournaments run too long as it is and thus the timer can't be moved to 10 minutes, there is next to no logic at all being used on both sides. The only valid points I've seen is that MUs like Peach vs Wario will be very problematic, or Sonic vs Wario.

It's just....ugh. So much stupidity everywhere. Haven't the mods closed down the topic, seeing as it's going nowhere and nothing worthwhile will happen with it, infracted both sides where needed, and permaban'd ADHD yet?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
:\ i keep saying we should ban MK just for the better of the community...

I do understand their point but its just gonna open a different type of ground camping.

Honestly i don't know what to say cause there are just too many variables it just needs its own testing cause there are too many ways to theorycraft on this situation that we need hard results on an alternate ruleset.

What i mean is, people think air camping is too strong and so they're gonna arbitrary buff ground camping to be on even grounds.

If anything it could actually even it out cause ground camping does not time out as it is for now. Someone would have to break ground camping to nullify this ruleset really

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Ban MK for the better of the community? I don't believe that for a minute. It is true that MK is winning most of the tournaments. However, I don't think that banning MK will get us anywhere.

Take a planking MK for one example. Obviously you can't do anything about it if you try to approach him while he's planking, but if you don't approach him while he's planking, then the planking MK will be considered stalling the game. If I heard correctly, stalling is illegal, and that could get the MK player DQ'd.

Now you have an MK who's just decimating you. Ike definitely has some options against MK. One needs to know his/her options against these high tier characters in order to win, right? Brood is our most current example. An Olimar main from Japan beats M2K. Sure, M2K didn't know the matchup as well as he thought, but that does not discredit the fact that Brood knew his options against MK. If you take most Japanese players (like Rain), they have the MK matchup down tight.

All in all, I don't think that we should ban MK just for the better of the community. Before you go banning characters, you should take a good look in the mirror and see where your weaknesses lie, and strengthen those weaknesses. Otherwise, I don't think the tournament scene is for you.

tl;dr version: I've been working on the MK matchup for far too long just for him to get banned in tourney play. F*%! that.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If I just had a good sit down with a top (or just really good) MK for ONE day, I'd be fine =/

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
if people didn't complain about MK, then MK would fine for the community honestly. People just have to complain and ***** about everything that gives them a problem instead of trying to figure it out.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
if people didn't complain about MK, then MK would fine for the community honestly. People just have to complain and ***** about everything that gives them a problem instead of trying to figure it out.
Kinda hard to solve his perfect planking. Not every TO considers it stalling either. Hence the problem.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
What parts did you get to play, how is it similar to FO3, and what is different?? If you got the time give me your overall impressions. I love FO3.
Well, I'm gonna give you the jist first and foremost. Basically, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

That being said, the game play mechanics are very similar to FO3. Honestly, there aren't any mind blowing innovations, but the tweaks are welcomed such as the physics of the characters. Graphics are the same, slightly improved I suppose. I noticed in FO3 that some characters' eyes had some strange glow or glare to it. Didn't see any of that in the demo I played for New Vegas.

As far as what I played, I didn't get to play the demo from start. Basically, some guy left, and I was next in turn. Regular Caucasian character wearing a gang leather jacket, denim jeans, and my mission was to take out this gang known as the Kings for some caps. From what I understand, one of my previous quests had me trying to enter New Vegas. To do that, I had to have a passport or pay 2000 caps. Since I didn't have passport, I was pretty much going around beating people up, doing errands to get my money. The weapons I had were powerful and plentyful in ammo. I'm guessing this is just a demo benefit. VATS is back, and plays the same role as it did in FO3. I was playing this game on the PC, and there were no laggy moments or slowdowns.

I played the game for roughly 20-30 minutes. I took out the Kings gang and got paid. Never had enough to get into the Vegas strip, but I saw someone later make it inside. The game still retains its open endness and freedom of choice. It seems slightly more improved in terms of options you are given, but it still works the same way. You might need a high science skill, medical skill, etc to get what you want. Overall, I see it as FO3 all over again, but a new location and some tweaks.

I'm a huge FO fan too, so even though this game so far looks like a carbon copy, I'm looking forward to it.

Edit: As far as this MK stuff goes, I wouldn't mind for a temporary ban. Possibly a season just to see what comes out of it. Maybe we learn that some other characters can play super gay as well. Who knows. I'm fine with MK being tourny legal as long as the rules don't heavily favor him. This means a plethora of stage lists for him to dominate us on and no ledge grab limit. If anything, I don't mind adding these new stages, but take some other ones out. If you're gonna add mansion, take out RC. Something like that.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Nah man, it's not quite a carbon copy. Partners have been improved a fair bit apparently, according to one magazine article I read a while back. I forget exactly how, but there was a list of improvements to them.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, I didn't have the luxury of having a companion, but nevertheless, the overall game is a carbon copy of FO3. Like I said, there are improvements here and there, so I wouldn't be surprised if the AI partner was better.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I don't suppose you could run through a list of issues with the partners in FO3, and see if any of them jog my memory as an improvement. I believe most of them are getting better background stories now, but I seriously can't remember anything else. >_<

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Landed 9th at my tourney. Lots of people here are on close skill level and lots were match 3 hype. I'll keep getting better and better as I go. Scored 2nd in Doubles though, but that was mostly done by Sonic, so. lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, the issues I was talking about were more AI warranted. A lot of dumb moments occurred that had me resetting the game. I agree though, more character development from partners would help. Maybe even quests oriented towards them. I mean, Dogmeat too pro.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I heard of Code Geass, and a couple of my friends have seen it. I still have not much interest in the mecha genre. Though it sounds pretty kickass. A guy unites a whole world by having everyone hate him. I think that's what my friends said.
It's not really a mecha anime, to be honest.

When I first started watching it I thought it'd be about mech battles and stuff but it turned out to be a lot more psychological. Your friends got the basic idea down, but it's obviously a bit more complex.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Notice Bored got back from Quake Con 11 hours ago.

It is 4:14 AM, saw near the end of the Blaz tourney (supposed to start at 5:00) and then went to Taco Bell, and then came home. It is 4:14 AM and I JUST GOT HOME. And left before the tourneys were all over.

Quake Con was a ridiculous failure.

I just didn't care. I sat in chairs and didn't speak to people for about 15 hours tod-----yesterday.

I don't even feel like talking right now about why everything was awful.

In unrelated news, MK sucks and I can't beat him unless he's just an awful, awful player. I don't have that same problem with any other character.

I'm going to sleep. Screw being awake.

Well, the issues I was talking about were more AI warranted. A lot of dumb moments occurred that had me resetting the game. I agree though, more character development from partners would help. Maybe even quests oriented towards them. I mean, Dogmeat too pro.
Thanks for writing out a description. I heard for the companions they are going to have specific commands that allow them to , heal, throw grenades and a few other things.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
i remember playing fallout 2 in my PC, never thought of getting deeper into the game. But I guess I'll buy FO Vegas for my PC; as soon as i get a high end PC. umm, does anyone how strong of a graphic card I need for this game? cause i'm pretty sure i meet all the other requirments.

EDIT: nwm i figured it out. it was stupid of me to not realize that there's a system requirement enlisted in one of the game sites :\.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I am seriously considering being a **** to every AiB Ike there and find some random clip of me owning every single one of them and posting it everywhere. This is just getting ridiculous.

Edit: And this is why I never upload wifi matches.

Top Bottom