• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

-RedX-

Smash Lord
3 Falcons on 1 team, TA off, Battlefield only.
I remember a vid where Lee Martin and a few others were doing that. It was super fun to watch.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Heh. These remind me of a game me and my bro came up with in Melee. It's basically you and your friends (maximum of 3) go against one computer in a 3 vs 1 timed match at any time interval (we usually use 5 minutes). We left team attack off. Player with the most KOs wins. Almost similar to the sandbag soccer game on Wifi Waiting Room. I guess that would be better because then you can have 4 friends play.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nysyarc:
Lmao, well you just did waste your time. You probably suck at this game anyways so why would anyone want your respect? Oh and assuming my last post was trolling, then I was very successful. I managed to get you to reply to me out of nerdrage and waste your time.

hmmm new side of Nys

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yo, Mr. Doom. What's the name of that song in the QD video.

thxbby

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
hmmm new side of Nys
Lmao, I'm ruthless on a lot of sites when I start pointless debates. Didn't Bored bring up a conversation between me and some player on AiB a while back? Trust me, that's not a real side of me at all. I just can't stand a lot of YouTube comments so I troll like there's no tomorrow.

Believe me, that example you gave is nothing compared to some long-winded rants I've done on YouTube (and other sites, but YouTube particularly). You'll never see me doing that kind of thing here or on Facebook... or in person.

Watching your vids now Mr. Doom... don't worry, I won't troll on them.
:bee:

:034:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I find it really depends on a lot of things. I personally troll YouTube just when I'm bored. I sometimes go looking for dumb comments that I can mess around with depending on just how bored I am. I try to use the perfect mix of logical refutations and subtle (or direct) insults based on the grammar and content of the user's comment.

The better the grammar and more sensible the content, the more logic and less insults (and thus the more like an actual debate). The worse the grammar and the more laughable the content... the less I have to worry about refuting points and the more I can focus on clever insults.

Yah that's right, I got that **** down to an art form.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
After re-watching Dair/Bair off the ledge and recovering, I just realized that Ike can recover from like near-bubble distance. During the Aether'ing, it doesn't look like anything can hit it. lol

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well I think the definition of 'trolling' as far as it's use on the internet goes has gotten very slack, and people refer to any kind of off-topic post or even sarcastic comments as 'trolling'. Some people just don't really care to use the term properly and others who see it used incorrectly for the first time assume it's meant to be used that way.

Similar to... well... just about every other slang internet term in existence.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, Mr. Doom. What's the name of that song in the QD video.

thxbby
The name of the song appears on the video itself, but it's from the "MGD Sound Team" and it's titled "Halfway."

A lot of people were asking for the title of that song when it was being played during DEHF vs Brood Game 1.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the definition of trolling in modern society is turned into a mix of flaming and spamming. whjich is wrong, however sucessful trolls can be quite good, ive only pulled off one good one.

lets see if he namesearches...

Brado can you wash your fair?

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I have successfully trolled 2 girls i go to school with, 1 guy i go to school with, and his ***** girlfriend on facebook XD i be blocked by them now... But luckily got them added on my Facebook troll account so i can still troll them XD

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
So, I have a SD card reader now thanks to one being built into my parents' new computer. However, I got a headache trying to find stuff in that Brawl Workshop area...

Can I has easy explanation as to how to hack music and add Brawl wifi waiting room to stage list? A method that works with Mac plz? Unless someone is kind enough to email me the programs or w/e I need to has da haxor abilities, as I think I figured out how to change da music after hasing the haxor programs in place with right codes.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
WAIT brett, on the sticker if you get it replaced in 30 days and show proof to the court you only have to pay 30 bucks :). Anyways I can instantly tell you invited Damien over LOL. He doesn't realize that planking/playing gay doesn't work that well against people that are just better then you. Anyways sorry to hear about the bad hobo experience/speeding ticket. If you want some serious MK practice I'll gladly "Play You" not "Gay You."
Played better vs gayed better...I'll let you decide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLOMXfDiQTg&feature=related

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
This sucks.. I checked the frame data on Ikes aerials.. Dair/Bair have exactly same # of frames(55) so it makes sense both would work for ledge release, Uair has 58 frames and Fair has 60 frames DX if only they weren't so slow we could do all of them... Do you think we would be able to get away with Uair? Would probably have to be frame perfect though.. idk details on falling distance in those 3 frames or even how high the reach on aether would be since idk if RedX's videos were frame perfect in doing them..

-RedX-

Smash Lord
This sucks.. I checked the frame data on Ikes aerials.. Dair/Bair have exactly same # of frames(55) so it makes sense both would work for ledge release, Uair has 58 frames and Fair has 60 frames DX if only they weren't so slow we could do all of them... Do you think we would be able to get away with Uair? Would probably have to be frame perfect though.. idk details on falling distance in those 3 frames or even how high the reach on aether would be since idk if RedX's videos were frame perfect in doing them..
I mashed the jump button. lol If timed(and buffered), it can probably be easier.
Uair doesn't work, I tried and by the time I did a 2nd jump, I couldn't even see my name tag.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So, I have a SD card reader now thanks to one being built into my parents' new computer. However, I got a headache trying to find stuff in that Brawl Workshop area...

Can I has easy explanation as to how to hack music and add Brawl wifi waiting room to stage list? A method that works with Mac plz? Unless someone is kind enough to email me the programs or w/e I need to has da haxor abilities, as I think I figured out how to change da music after hasing the haxor programs in place with right codes.
The MP3 Converter to Brstm is a windows only program. Gonna have to get bootcamp.

Ask Ussi about waiting room.

I do think there is a site with a lot of converted brstm files...iono if anyone remembers the link.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I do think there is a site with a lot of converted brstm files...iono if anyone remembers the link.
There's a thread right here in Smashboards with thousands of .brstms from video games/movies/television... you name it:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245410

And there's also a thread in the same forum where you can request .brstms (you have to provide either MP3 download of the file via Mediafire or a YouTube link... they prefer MP3 obviously):

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267789

They made 10 custom .brstms for me in there, and they all turned out great. Even if you have a PC I'd suggest going to these guys rather than trying to make .brstms yourself, they can do it fast and properly.

Edit: Didn't see Mr. Doom's post. Ninja'd by nearly an hour, lmao.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I found those topics, but you need a program in order for those songs to work. ;_;

Is there anything besides texture hacks that don't need something like Gecko OS?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You can get texture hacks and stuff working without homebrew. You just put your SD card in and load the game. Though I'm not familiar with that method either...

Don't tell me your Wii is on the latest firmware. It's really not that hard to get homebrew up and working.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
You might as well just get Homebrew/Gecko OS, it makes everything so much easier. A simple google search usually does the trick for finding a download, and having a Mac or PC makes no difference since your computer is only acting as an intermediary for the files.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Oh guys, after playing Sethlon 1v1 last night I just realized how much i now hate the Falco matchup... I have never seen so much jab used in my life! Falco is so hard to beat and he was like perfect shielding EVERYTHING it was so hard. DX

Top Bottom