• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

•Col•

Smash Champion
Sometimes, jab1->uptilt really does seem like it combos.
I think its because most of the time when you start jabbing someone, they think like "GYAGHYBYGH I'M GOING TO SDI OUT OF THIS".

.... But then instead of another jab, you throw out an utilt and then they're all like

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Yea the same goes for me. I fear this may be my last whobo due to me being married now. I would love to meet you and any other ike players i have not met at whobo 3. you ike kids are some of the coolest guys ive met. just try and go, if u cant then its ok with me
I am going to try so hard to go to this.

Not because I am going to try to take first place or any of that, but because all of you seem like such cool people that I would feel terrible if I didn't get to meet you at least once in real life. Money is always a bother but **** it I will bike there if I have to.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

Not because I am going to try to take first place or any of that, but because all of you seem like such cool people that I would feel terrible if I didn't get to meet you at least once in real life. Money is always a bother but **** it I will bike there if I have to.
You definitely should go, as even more incentive for me to go. Biggest Ike main picture in history! And hopefully most Ike placings in a 64-man bracket in history.

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Is it 64 bracket or is it 32? I forgot what it was last WHOBO. In any case, don't be surprised if some of you get stuck in a bad pool and not make it. Happens to unknown players, even if they are good.

Anyways, I still need to test out my wii wifi...will let you know later tonight.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It's during Spring Break?

*sigh*

Seeing as I was just told it may be flat out impossible to get a job while I'm still in Texas, I guess I better start looking for chores to do for money...

BlueHurricane

Smash Cadet
So, I've been using Ike for a while. I've been using Smash Stick, but I hear Attack Stick is generally better for Ike's needs. It feels really awkward to me, should I keep using it, is it worth it?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Personally, if you are a really good SDI'er, then you should stick to using the C-stick set to Smash. However, if not, you can opt to change it to attack as it gives you more flexibility with your aerials and gives you an easier time doing a walk off d-air.

BlueHurricane

Smash Cadet
Personally, if you are a really good SDI'er, then you should stick to using the C-stick set to Smash. However, if not, you can opt to change it to attack as it gives you more flexibility with your aerials and gives you an easier time doing a walk off d-air.
Okay, thanks for the answer. I wanted to know because even though walk off d-air sounds nice along with a more mobile Nair, I don't like the jump after using a tilt too soon, and I like being able to SDI since it's the only reason I can survive to high percents.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
However, it is possible to do walk-off Dairs with Smash stick. I think you have to tilt the control stick diagonally and the Smash stick diagonally in the opposite direction. I'm not sure if this is how it's performed, but I know it is possible, just really difficult to pull off.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You're right jam, and as you said, you need a good amount of practice before doing it in tourny. I'm comfortable with it, but like I said...opponents don't really give me a chance to spike them since they know to avoid it.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Yes dude please go! it would be really cool to meet you

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Probably. Then again, I have quite a number of months to earn let's say $80 accounting for the badge pricing rising while I earn the money, + $10 for the actual tournament. And then how ever much money I'd have to pay the SA group for my ride there and back + hotel stuff...

Blast it. I really want to go to this. ;_;

theeboredone

Smash Legend
With the hotel hook up from Judge, you would add 10 more dollars to your total. Gas would probably be 5-10 as well. So yea, you are roughly looking at 110. Oh and unless you bring your own food...you gonna have to buy stuff.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
*does some rough calculations*

So I'd have to do...50ish chores before then, seeing as I normally get about $5 per chore, with the occasional extra dollars thrown in there, and I don't get money for Christmas or B-day...in between college stuff...

;_;

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
No, my parents are paying for my college while I'm still in Texas. And if I'm not in college, I have to have a job otherwise they kick me out of the house. And it may be impossible for me to get a job due to a stupid rule about needing to be here for 6 months after you get your permit, and how long it takes to get your permit. >_>

Besides, that would be taking things too far. ;)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I can imagine how Niddo and Nys' encounter would go. That is...if Niddo decides to show up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9O5xfKh_Rg

Language too.
I lol'd. I do want to meet you though Niddo, so I hope you can make it.

Look for me on livestream. I may pop up in doubles later on. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/radium88
Will do. I'm actually doing a mid tier (yes, mid tier, I very happy) OTL tourney today and some matches will be livestreamed. We had the regular tourney yesterday and one of the guys had the great idea of streaming some matches for the rest of us by joining the room with the players and SDing his stocks. I ended up in WFs, LFs and GFs so I got plenty of air time but not a lot of time in the stream chat, lol.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
You guys missed out on some SDI practice, lol.
Hey I was there for that! Well at least I saw the demonstration with DK and Snake.

Also, quick tidbit in case anyone was unaware:

If you use the attack stick, you can do IDA by tapping the c-stick in a diagonal direction, so that if you mis-input you just do a Jab 1 instead of a Dtilt. Could be useful, particularly while playing online for our bi-weeklies, cause I see a lot of Dtilts after Bthrows, lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Hey I was there for that! Well at least I saw the demonstration with DK and Snake.

Also, quick tidbit in case anyone was unaware:

If you use the attack stick, you can do IDA by tapping the c-stick in a diagonal direction, so that if you mis-input you just do a Jab 1 instead of a Dtilt. Could be useful, particularly while playing online for our bi-weeklies, cause I see a lot of Dtilts after Bthrows, lol.

ooh, cool, ****it i'd just decided i wasnt going to use a-stick again and now im tempted again DX
i tend to fsmash when i fail the DA though

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
ooh, cool, ****it i'd just decided i wasnt going to use a-stick again and now im tempted again DX
i tend to fsmash when i fail the DA though
Oh yah dang, I guess it's even worse to mess up the input with smash stick, lol. If you use c-stick down you could accidentally use that move that does not actually exist but was given a random name anyways. Something like... Dsmash?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
oh no i dont use the stick, i just get the control stick and a -button too close a lot of the time
Oh ok, I prefer control stick and c-stick for certain situations to IDA, but I just use A if I'm already dashing. I basically never use A from a standstill now that I know about this neutral c-stick input for IDA, not worth the risk of Fsmashing or something ridiculous.

Red got last out of 15 ppl at the tourny he went too. Oh well. Red-X gonna be droppin off the general Ike PR.
Did he? Wow... RedX got some johning explaining to do.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I suck. :[
I have a bunch of matches saved though.

Also, I REALLY need to try listening to music while playing matches. I need a way to stop getting so friggin nervous.

/johns.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Just think it's a wifi match and all your worries will go away.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
True...lol
Well, next tourney I'm going to is on October 24th. More people/hype might actually help me do better. Hopefully. :[

Also, there was a replay of San beating up some DDD named Keith on one the Wiis there. lol

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
LOL, you sure that was me? Don't remember anyone named keith.. Unless it was really really old.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
It was your tag/color and you used Aether a few times as a follow up whenever DDD was somewhat high offstage. Maybe a match from Apex?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Maybe.. Only DDD I remember playing at Apex was GDX from Florida. Just wondering, because I rarely ever play DDDs. It sounds like it's from that time, because I was experimenting with using aether when DDD recovers above stage because he can only barely airdodge it.

Top Bottom