• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I don't really like fighting Kirby, even though I don't find it too difficulty. Space Fairs and nothing he has will outrange it, although his Bairs have deceptive range and can sneak inside an Nair or even a slightly miss-spaced Fair. Our Bair will out-prioritize his though since his feet are a hurtbox while our sword is not.

Try not to let him grab you at low percents, and just space him/trade hits instead. If he grabs you at 0% he can string together Fthrow (I think it's Fthrow?) to an Uair -> re-grab -> rinse repeat at least one more time before you can easily SDI out of it. Try to SDI the first Uair away so he can't re-grab you, it's tricky though so it's better to just avoid getting grabbed entirely, which you can do thanks to Fair's range.

Be ready to DI up at higher percents because Kirby will go for the Fsmash KO when he sees an opening, and if you don't DI up it will KO you surprisingly early or put you in a really bad position low off-stage. You don't have to be too worried about being gimped, just watch out for his Bair hitting you out of Aether, and obviously don't fall for inhale near the ledge.

Pressure Kirby with Fairs when he's off-stage, and if you can time it you can hit him out of his upB in a very similar fashion to how you would hit another Ike out of Aether. It's trickier timing, but I've hit Kirbys out of Final Cutter with Ftilts, Fsmashes, Fairs, Bairs and Dairs.

Don't Jab cancel too much, he's floaty and can easily escape it with SDI, so just finish all three hits or do a quick Jab 1 -> Jab 1 -> Jab 2 -> Jab 3. Jab -> Utilt is a very legit way to KO Kirby due to his being floaty and lightweight. Bthrow -> DA is decent but not as good as in some other MUs; it will connect around the usual percents (30-70% kind of thing).

You shouldn't have too much trouble in this MU, just don't fall for his baits. He'll probably try to bait you into approaching by floating around in the air, and then punish with Bairs. Just remember that you're playing as one of the few characters Kirby can't effectively wall with his Bair, thanks to your Fair.

:248:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
my avi will last till Friday or so then I switch to the next heroine in this VN i'm almost done completing.

also.. *notes Sharkie's post for guide if MUs get included*

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
That really depends; from my experience the AiB ladder is comprised mainly of 13 year old kids with ego issues. There's also the occasional 18 year old kid with ego issues who types like he's 13 and failed a grade.

And yah, good luck BS. You should challenge M2K to an Ike ditto MM and record it.
:troll:

That is an epic idea, and I'm definitely going for it.

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
Ike vs. Kirby: Please discuss <3
Well even though Nys covered most of the matchup, I'll add a couple things. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you power shield Kirby's Fsmash, I think you can Ftilt him safely. Ftilt or Utilt will kill Kirby at a fairly reasonable % so definitely watch for those killing moves. Fsmash, Usmash and side B (The hammer) are Kirby's stronger killing moves so keep a good eye on them. If you can time Dair right on Kirby's Up B recovery, go to town on him but take good caution.

What's you guys favorite texture? I usually use the vanguard one, but I'm thinking of changing some. Any advice? =)
I've been having trouble running GeckoOS, but I would love to have Vanguard Ike, Cloud, Squall, Dante and Lord Ike.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Old Wii somehow broke, so my parents bought the new Black Wii. New software so I didn't bother with hacks. GGs update. Anyone know if they found a way around it yet? I don't really pay attention to that stuff. If I do get texture hacks, I think I'll get myself Lord and Vanguard Ikes, and maybe even Boyd/Axe Ike and Travis Touchdown.

@Kirby MU: I use smash stick so I go to my friend who occasionally plays Kirby: SDI ggs.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Old Wii somehow broke, so my parents bought the new Black Wii. New software so I didn't bother with hacks. GGs update. Anyone know if they found a way around it yet? I don't really pay attention to that stuff. If I do get texture hacks, I think I'll get myself Lord and Vanguard Ikes, and maybe even Boyd/Axe Ike and Travis Touchdown.

@Kirby MU: I use smash stick so I go to my friend who occasionally plays Kirby: SDI ggs.
what version? when i first bought my wii a few months ago(around the time the black ones came out) i updated my software for the internet channel(disappointing)
it updated me to 4.3U but i found a guide to install homebrew with smashstack and downgrade my wii version

also, i wish the "ragna" texture wasn't the poor man's dante texture U_U

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Oh, something I forgot to mention on the Kirby MU that I think is very significant: short-hop auto-canceled Bairs will not hit Kirby if he is too close or slightly too far away from you (like still within it's horizontal range), so if you want to punish OoS and Kirby is on the ground behind you, just turn around and Jab. You can do training mode to see for yourself where exactly you have to be for a SH Bair to hit, but it's usually not worth doing in a match because it will miss and he will punish it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Oh I've had retreating Bair punished before; if you do it to punish OoS when Kirby is standing right beside you he can dash and grab you/Fsmash you/Fair you... probably even turn and Bair you, all before you can land and auto-cancel and regardless of how far you retreat it in the air.

Mind you that's only if he's standing right next to you. I always just buffer turn-around Jabs to punish Kirby or basically any really short character OoS now.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
That would be fun for me... mainly cause I wonder which would win. I would know how to exploit myself so well cause well I know how I think

by small.. I hate.... Olimar.... and anyone who can crouch under jab

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
Ugh, Olimar. My least favorite to fight as Ike is Yoshi by far though.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
OH MAN.
LOL.

I just went from SUPREME rage to near burst-out laughing. Thank the combokings for being so silly.

(If anyone was wondering, I'm raging because I'm playing Half-Life 2 and when I'm most of the way done with Highway 17, my car disappears. I tried, and it's impossible on foot. My auto-saves both decided to save at the same spot, so my car is gone in both of them. The latest other save point is in the *********** RAVENHOLM.)
Tl;dr---- game glitched and I mad.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Brett, I know Fallout on PC has it if something glitches, mainly characters, you can type a command to have them reappear or respawn. See if there is something like that for HL2.

Demon's Souls is really fun to play. I might just consider buying it to put into my collection, since it runs for 15 bucks. I got my first taste of PvP action when some douche invaded my game just when I wanted to quit. Unfortunately, he was somewhere in the big *** stage, but when I finally found him, I forced him off the edge LOL.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Demon's Souls is really fun to play. I might just consider buying it to put into my collection, since it runs for 15 bucks. I got my first taste of PvP action when some douche invaded my game just when I wanted to quit. Unfortunately, he was somewhere in the big *** stage, but when I finally found him, I forced him off the edge LOL.
I really want to get that game... what's the combat system like? Is it turn-based or real-time hack n' slash kind of thing?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
combokings vanity rivals that of milesg2g, something i didnt think was possible XD
i always hate it when a game autosaves me into a spot where i die about a milisecond afterwards, i had that with cod4 once upon a time, dear lord the rage i had

Top Bottom