• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
What the heck is this? I thought one couldn't take cameras or phones into the pharmacies where you can donate blood/plasma. At least it's like that at my local pharmacy.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i donated first in high school, then a 2nd time in college.

Also i consider the ROB mu relatively even, a 0 MU. ROB can camp but its limited, ROB has blind spots, and ROB has a hard time killing. Getting a gimp gets much harder at higher % so it gets agrevating for ROB sometimes. However, ROB's ftilt outranges Ike's jab, and dtilt is fast itself. So ike has to get past that.

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I just lost a MM 2-3 with Leon's peach >.<

I really thought I had this!
whaaaat, but man his peach ***** staco!

anyway ike boards, how do you deal with buggy characters?
by that, i mean a character that likes to float around at high diagonals to you and have extremely fast moves, faster than all of our options?
think luigi/peach/etc.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
You totally outspace Luigi's aerials. Use nair if he's above you and fair/bair if he's on the side.

Peach, meh. I just try to play that match-up very patiently. I can't really give you any details on that. Sorry.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
It used to not bother me. As I said... just one traumatizing experience and I was never the same.
I can relate to this.

Last year around this time I was in hospital for 3 weeks due to having 2 abscesses in my right leg. One in my calf, one massive on in my thigh (needed a pump in it for a week). I couldn't stand that ****, but my girlfriend pulled me through that. I'm lucky for her. I was on the brink of going nuts.

Main reason I was in hospital was due to having type 1 diabetes and not knowing it and continuing to take sugary foods/drinks and just about dying out the front of someone's house. Wasn't too nice an experience.

Changes my views of needles/blood, extremely gory things.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Peach, meh. I just try to play that match-up very patiently
QFT. the peach player that I play has this exact same tactic. floats in around 45 degrees above Ike or floats close to ground, gets peach's aerials to autocancel immediately after their hitbox and pokes with jabs or does ftilt, shield, nair, or watever. Basically endure those things in your shield and wait for the opening.

All of Ike's aerials, utilt, usmash and jab is effective in this matchup. If peach is high above, try to get her to air-dodge with your uair, she almost always gets hit by the latter hitbox. space nair, fair, or even SHbair if she is 45 degrees or less infront of you, they are really good GTHO moves.
When she is upclose, try to see the opening between her moves (eg, after she does jabs, ftilt, dsmash from her floating aerials) with your shield on and jab OoS. Lastly, If you can predict her landing after she's done floating high up, usmash her by timing your charge against her airdodge or utilt if she gets closer to ground. Utilt outranges her dair so you might want to keep that in mind when peach does dair from high up.

PS: Try to hit with the tip of all your moves so she can't rush in quickly to rack damage. her fair as I have seen is her primary kill move along with few others like fsmash.

Oh yeah, she has turnips too right? well, I'll say something about that later.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i see, my problem with luigi is that he just powershields everything, its always been a trouble matchup for me lol

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303

no.

And I haven't lived here that long so as to get into all the Mexican of native american culture.
nyways, I just found out wut it is.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh dude get *****.
the only time i got to do a pinata thingy as a kid i didnt get any sweets either, the person behind me in the queue broke it open, so i was walknig to the back of the queue (it was a big queue) and by the time i realised everyone had taken it all, ruined the day

Heartstring

Smash Legend
so guys...what does everyone think is going to hapen to ike during the next tier list, is he going up or going back to the low tier?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i have my 'pro' ganon for low tiers, so i dont mind much, although i would enjoy being a low tier hero again

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I already stated that I believe Ike will go up. If people don't stop playing the game because of some new technique someone figured out that would make everyone quit, I'd say Ike will peak at the middle of C tier.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I already stated that I believe Ike will go up. If people don't stop playing the game because of some new technique someone figured out that would make everyone quit, I'd say Ike will peak at the middle of C tier.
I'm waiting for that super ike shoryuken to be discovered.

so no one here really knows the peach MU well enough to explain how to deal with campy turnips?

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
So my school had a small tournament today, and there were only like 4 of us who play Brawl competitively. Got to finals with the Snake main, and my main problem is getting him up in the air (and remembering where all his C4s are). So, yeah I need help mainly with getting Snake in the air.

Oh and I think I got better. Less Fsmashing and more Usmashing.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Space your Nairs properly and punish him while he's in the air. Snakes tend to air-dodge to the ground since he clearly stinks in the air. Punish that with grabs, Usmash, or just about anything you find viable at the time. Punish poorly-timed nade tosses by, well, tossing them back. It could force Snake to approach, or at least start waiting with his nades. DO NOT SPAM DASH ATTACK WHILE SNAKE HAS NADES ON FIELD. You're just begging for damage. They're out on frame one, so they can be potentially hazardous if you mess up the timing on things like Bthrow > Dash Attack.
Watch patiently for Ftilt, a lot. You can punish with Jabs or probably Ftilt if he's too offensive up close. OoS Nair is really good for the MU. Puts Snake at a disadvantageous position (AKA: The air), and lets us chase him to the ground or punish a laggy aerial, if he decides to throw one out. Pivot Grab or run and jump cancel at Usmash if you predict a DACUS. Play the MU patiently and demolish Snake in the air whenever you get the chance. Bair is effective in KOing if you decide to save it up, and it's also good after Nair if they're behind you. Fair is good offstage against Snake, and Uair can frame trap if you bait an air-dodge well enough, and you're both nowhere near the ground.

Also, Dair or Dtilt I find much better to punish an undergone Cypher, rather than Cypher-Grabbing, mainly because Snake can cancel very low to the ledge, just out of vertical range to be grabbed. That, and Snake can self-C4 to recover sometimes, on select stages. Oh, and you can Jab Cancel frenzy on Snake. Jabs are absolutely nuts if you get one in this MU. Do so as much as you like, and if he manages to make it out before you finish, you can land a Bair or air-chase.

Edit: I read your post wrong, sorry. I went a little crazy, but I covered the air thing a smidge.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Got to finals with the Snake main, and my main problem is getting him up in the air (and remembering where all his C4s are). So, yeah I need help mainly with getting Snake in the air.

Oh and I think I got better. Less Fsmashing and more Usmashing.
I've noticed that how well I do in a match is directly proportional to the number of smashes I use. Then again, Ike doesn't have many options with smashes in general..>_> I still can't help but throw out the FSmash every now and then.

Anyway, getting Snake into the air usually boils down to either getting a grab or punishing his landing. The latter can be harder than it looks with mixups like B Reversals and random shenanigans that you think don't work but somehow do, but just keeping an eye on what the Snake does to avoid getting knocked back and formulating some kind of counter to that is all you really need to do. If he likes to AD to the ground, cover it with a jab/USmash or grab. B Reversals give him that extra distance, but if you know how far it can go, then an USmash can cover that option (though you will probably trade damage because of the nade).

Also, about Zatch's (Satoshi, you are Zatch, right? I forget.) post: I would not attempt Ftilt against Snake in response to his own Ftilt, misspaced or not. I think that's what his post was saying, at least. If I misread, my bad. >.>

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The problem with reading Snake when he's coming down is that he can instantly change directions and momentum with the grenade reversal as BS alluded too. You just have to bait and read.

And yeah, F-tilt vs Snake is stupid LOL.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Also, about Zatch's (Satoshi, you are Zatch, right? I forget.) post: I would not attempt Ftilt against Snake in response to his own Ftilt, misspaced or not. I think that's what his post was saying, at least. If I misread, my bad. >.>
Yes. Oh, sorry, I was in the mindset that I was Snake x_x Weird. I've been using Snake too much lately.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
if snake doesnt wavebounce too early you can just usmash, although it may be too slow for that scenario, too many variables to say for sure

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Okay thanks. I was trying to get him up in the air with a Usmash or Utilt, with not much success. I should try baiting an AD more often, though I did manage to bait an AD and Uair for first KO of the match. The main thing that threw my momentum off the match was running into a C4 I did not pay attention to. I also didn't throw many grenades back. I need more offline experience...

@Zatch: Cool, Iku. If you Soku I would like to play you someday.

Oh and on a sidenote, I'll be spending this weekend at Anime Boston. They have a video game room so whenever I get the chance to, I'll get some Brawl games and see where I stand in terms of offline playing.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Okay thanks. I was trying to get him up in the air with a Usmash or Utilt, with not much success. I should try baiting an AD more often, though I did manage to bait an AD and Uair for first KO of the match. The main thing that threw my momentum off the match was running into a C4 I did not pay attention to. I also didn't throw many grenades back. I need more offline experience...

@Zatch: Cool, Iku. If you Soku I would like to play you someday.

Oh and on a sidenote, I'll be spending this weekend at Anime Boston. They have a video game room so whenever I get the chance to, I'll get some Brawl games and see where I stand in terms of offline playing.
LOL It's a different story online. It's pretty much bait, predict, throw out, and hope it lands for the punish. Jabs are super effective, but not recommended when he has a nade out. I'm pretty sure you're going to eat Ftilt if your Jabs are shielded completely, so try to cancel them more while he's shielding, so you can wear away at his shield, and keep the pressure on.

Jab Canceling > Utilt is also really fun, especially if he expires his jump. I also find it easiest to set up combat walking against Snake.
Anyone know what frame Snake's Utilt came out? It's probably the only thing that kills me in the MU besides Nair or getting gimped, either of which don't occur often anymore.

Unless it's a fresh Ftilt. Joking.

@BS: Grenades blow up after about 4 seconds or so. Unless you hit them, of course.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I've been using down-angled ftilt to punish landings in airdodges.

Thoughts?
Is Ftilt able to shield-poke? That's really the only thing I can thing of atm, unless you're able to punish landing-lag with some good timing. Otherwise, it's bound to be powershielded/ punished. I think it's better off using Jab.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
it does, but because of the nature of the hitbox, you have to space it perfectly, down angles ftilt is your best best, that pokes character with no mentionable shield like rob and dk

Top Bottom