• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, thats the first e3 ive watched, and i felt pretty good about it
new tekken, new smash bros. this 3d pokedex thing, although i need a 3ds XD
i didnt like the look of the controller for the wiiU. but my god the technology is broken

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Drawing on Tekken. Someone draw a trollface there.

Oh and the new Smash Bros. is being planned to be on both the Wiiu and 3DS. Hopefully we can still use GCN controllers cause the Wiiu controller looks weird. My thumb will still be unconsciously searching for the C-Stick below the buttons.

Oh and with the Wiiu.
>Play Lagfi
>Switch to controller screen and let brother play CoD on Live
>????
>ULTIMATE LAG!

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
u know, this is prolly the first system whose controller size rivals the size of it's console.

one thing to note though: the controller is actually pretty slim.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Ike should stay. He fights for his friends....
and it also helps that he is popular and a protagonist in more than one FE game; alongside Marth

Heartstring

Smash Legend
tbh, the only things i think will get replaced are stuff like lucario and (sadly) ike that are in for series that keep bringing new characters in, i assume lucas may go too if a new earthbound pops up

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
wat? why did Marth not go then; if character's availability goes proportional with their respective series proceedings?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If Ike goes, Roy should return, with a new move-set.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
marth stays because he is the ORIGINAL fire emblem prince, and hes had 3 games with a fourth very much on the way. significantly more than the other FE characters, although ikes technically had 2 even if he wasnt a main character in one.
roy went because he was there solely to advertise the series to the western world, where his game was the first FE game to be released
ike might stay. but only because they havent really made another FE game between brawl and now, the only one being a remake of the original, which featured marth

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
yeah well Ike is among the top 3 most popular FE lords in NA apart from sigfurd and marth. I understand Marth is original, hence his popularity. Ike is also one of the first FE faces in USA, if you're thinking popularity w.r.t originality. I mean, I came to know FE through Ike because his game rose so popular in NA as a 3D FE game.

Either way, I'm sure Sakurai will consider popularity of all characters before including or excluding them in the next game.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, the game is developed in japan, not america. which is why characters like lucas got in
i can only assume that the robotic operating buddy was sucessful in japan, cause it was obviously kinda terrible for western audiences. but if he was good in japan then they probably would put him in

i dunno, its a long ways off, it was a passing mention, no work will be done on it untill sakurai finishes kid icarus i reckon

Clel

Smash Journeyman
@ Ussi and Senliten

Hahas I guess the way I asked didnt represent my point of view that well. I find Ike's jab to be annoyingly effective against my MK and I'm just wondering if it's supposed to be that effective or not. To further explain:

I know two ways to beat Jab flat out - outspace it with MK's Ftilt, or let Nado absorb and beat it out. But then we add in things Ike normally does for fun: He sh nairs and sh fairs. Okay, when he jumps that throws MK's ftilt out the window, outspacing an aerial opponent is much more difficult + Ike's fair outranges MK's ftilt so I can't even outspace that to begin with. Fair is also known as anti-nado material as is Nair. So I'm not trying to use my two anti-Ike Jab options cause Ike is always jumping and Nairing and mixing that up with Fair.

So I wonder what mix up options I can use to get around this effectively. Dash in with shield is my most solid solution so far, and that gets read alot, Ike grabs to grab release Dash Attack.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
You can punish Ike's landing lag from SHfair if Ike is anything short of perfectly spacing it. One of the things MKs at my area love to do is running grab after shielding Ike's SHfair. To be honest that is what forces me to always keep MK at my sword tip.

btw, Ike in air is anti-tornado material. All of his aerials can hit MK out of his nado. So it'll prolly be wise to mixup your nados with alot of other moves against a good Ike.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
roy went because he was there solely to advertise the series to the western world, where his game was the first FE game to be released
Roy was in Melee to advertise his game, but the first FE game to be released internationally was FE 7, where his father Eliwood is in.

Looks like I'll have to get myself a Classic Controller...

This is too funny. My mind was blown at 0:53 with the shield.

EDIT: Upon trying jab1>dsmash I keep messing up the timing to it. Try to dsmash too fast and you'll end up doing jab2, too slow might be a miss.

Clel

Smash Journeyman
@ AN(M)ist

Yeah, dashing in with shield and then dash grabbing is where I'm currently at on SH fair. But that only works if I'm in range to dash in and shield it. If I'm closer Ike Nairs more often so I gotta get in even closer to Ike with shield to punish it with Ftilt. The problem with going for either of these is if the Ike empty short hops he can get in Jab range which is bad news for MK.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Just as you know, Ike has an answer to any singular thing MK does. MK can mix it up enough to make it hard to use many of these options, however. It's pretty much a mixup game where you have more mixups, and Ike just kills you earlier.

Dash approaches are okay for some things, but MK's dash+ shield is very crappy. an Ike will learn to jab or space an aerial against you if you initiate a dash. Mixing up movements with MK's B moves (grounded shuttle loop, shield punish) while dashing or an alternative to an aerial will leave Ike in awkward positions to get at you.

Playing defensive is hard against a good Ike, you need to have a complex offensive approach because Ike has no obligation to really approach you due to his long range. Passive-aggressive or evasive-aggressive.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
That was quick. There's like 100 chapters. I read so much over the last 4-5 years.

The art is iffy at times, but Trace was one of my favorite Korean Manwhas.

If you read trace but aren't really much of a fan, read a little bit of the "beggar" arc and it gets much better.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
84 chapters. I did 22 in one day then the rest the next. (summer = nothing to do) but i can't read 50+ chapters in 1 day unless the story is that good xD

Trace now eh? I'll look at it tomorrow

Now then.. Anyone gonna main Ike in SSB 4? If he gets in of course...

Personally i'm hoping Isaac or Matthew get in from Golden Sun. Or maybe Sveta would be nice... I just want to us an adept xD

:phone:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'll look at him but I'll probably choose the best character or a character I really like using.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well i have used pikachu in every smash brothers.. Well not amazingly though but when i like a character i'm always familiar with them.

Well 3 years gonna be so long :| plus the delays that are bound to happen..

Wonder how it'll with with 3ds

:phone:

Top Bottom