• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Rangerike

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Thatsrike
Why not just do some weekly tournament thing. But, this is still an Ike forum so people might use Ike... lol

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305951
Got 7th out of about 60, 28 made it out of pools. I went all Ike. I need to learn the Shiek MU. I did really well against ICs, though, lost 2-1 in pools then 2-0 in bracket against the same person. I get grabbed so easily for some odd reason, for say when I don't try to play within that range against ICs. Hmm.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nice Zatch. I happened to see the results earlier this morning.

Sheik is tricky and fast, but if you stick to jabs and your quickest aerials, you'll see sheik's damage % increase more and more. It's not too difficult to hit sheik if you get her to upB onstage before she even lands with ledge release hop + fair or uair.

ICs we can camp or play up close. Only fair if you're really far away, but stick to retreating nair if they get close, since you can just jab them afterwards. Grab+pummel->bthrow fsmash Nana can work even on the best of ICs.

Platform camping and dairing or fairing their uairs makes the match super simple, though.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Still have to be careful with mixing it up a bit vs IC. Retreating N-air to jab can work the first time, but if they shield grab you...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
my youtube account harbours some god-forsaken video's of my r.o.b
my god i suck so hard XD
i feel like a burn victims, sunburnt to the max cause i fell asleep in swinshorts outside, woke up 7 hours later nice and red. and i had about half a pints worth of absinth last night, and that **** burns your insides something chronic

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
The only good videos up of me are from 9 months ago. Suck it up.

There are tons of stupid bad friendlies from when I had just started playing the game and then a few good videos from events called HOBO 27 and HOBO 28.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I have wifi matches and a highlight on Brinstar.
Awwww yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeea.

Good **** Zatch. Being curious, payout was 70/20/10?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Any thought on bringing the bi-weekly back?
Probably going to do so early next month, with the new rules for character switching so it's not just 100% Ike. They were definitely fun and I'd like to play you guys again. I've just been really busy and have forgotten about them over the months.

Why have I not seen any videos of anyone who has joined us in the past year? Other than Blubolouis?
There's a vid of Zatch in the critique thread, but there haven't been too many new guys in the past year either.

I have tons of videos up of myself, although most of the recent ones are doubles with Croi.

:248:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Still have to be careful with mixing it up a bit vs IC. Retreating N-air to jab can work the first time, but if they shield grab you...
That's if the nair hits, of course. Idk.. I just have no fear against ICs when I could kill them in 5 seconds anyways.

I played Hyli@n's ICs in like 10 games at pound V and won them all so I'm doing something right.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Probably going to do so early next month, with the new rules for character switching so it's not just 100% Ike. They were definitely fun and I'd like to play you guys again. I've just been really busy and have forgotten about them over the months.
Excellent.

Expect me to join a few of them because 1) it's summer and 2) You guys are the best.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
wth is jockstrapping? sounds a little british tbh.
a jockstrap is an item of underwear that keep your package firmly in place and protects it too, its almost compulsory to wear it during cricket as taking a fast flying cricket ball to the nuts can cause many things...mainly pain

the term i used was made up on the spot, dont judge me

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I love lurking livestreams. As soon as the SDs happen, an invitation is immediately sent. I should do this more often.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
M2K setting them records. Was it on RC?
If it's the match I think it was then yes. I watched M2K time out Bizkit's Snake on RC match 2. Didn't notice how many ledge grabs there were but it couldn't have been very many at all, he mainly just camped the edges of the screen and flew under the ship.

It was intense and entertaining to watch.
:troll:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If it's the match I think it was then yes. I watched M2K time out Bizkit's Snake on RC match 2. Didn't notice how many ledge grabs there were but it couldn't have been very many at all, he mainly just camped the edges of the screen and flew under the ship.

It was intense and entertaining to watch.
:troll:

I take back the records then, it will be impressive when he does it with NO ledge grabs on RC

Heartstring

Smash Legend
if anyone can time out in a competitive match with no ledge grabs then they deserve somekind of medal and their opponent wins a free trip to specsavers

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Thanks guys. I think I did really good for my first OoS tourney. All of my pool and tourney matches are getting recorded atm, so I'll have vids for critique soon. There was a hack on the Wii that forced you to save every replay. Tourney/Pool matches on the SD, and friendlies on the Wii. I really enjoyed that. Very well organized.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I think its possible to do a no ledge grab time out on RC. There is only 6 ledges on the stage, and you really just need to avoid using the ledge on the boat and that's really it.

Zatch ya did great

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Another tourney result: I didn't do so well :/ I lost to the guy who won the tournament, Acid, a fox main, who destroyed me on delfino, and a Lucas. I don't understand this character. I tried to play the usual "keep out" but couldn't get around his Dair :<
Oh well... I'll keep being bad a bit longer.

Top Bottom