• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah thats essentially it XD
i got a tournament next week, and its got like the best high quality attendance we've had for a LONG time. if i place in the top 10 its a good result XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, i wish i could grow mine out, but i have to stay presentable for my current job :(
also, my neck steals the hair which im trying to divert to my chin, damnit neck

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Wow those ICs were garbage, using bad chain grabs, dropping them every time, and refusing to just upsmash you when they got a grab at high %.

IC match-up isn't easier than you thought. Just that guy is.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, that dude sucks. Were it someone like Hylian, you would have lost =/. I got hyped for no reason. Dude didn't even use a blizzard wall once.

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
I remember playing lain, it was the most humbling experience of my brawl existence, I don't know how that guy ever loses when he's on his game. I'd rather play M2K or Ally than lain again.

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it's just my experience versing each. MK needs to get you near the edge in my opinion to become truly scary, and you can be impatient at times and mess up your spacing a bit and still at least have a semblance of a chance. You mess up your spacing against ICs once against a good one and get grabbed, bye bye to 1 stock.

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Hey, it's just my personal opinion of mine about metaknight. It's not like I don't respect how ridiculous he is. I fear the dsmash of Metaknight, I fear the barrage of aerials, I fear the stupid grab range he has, I fear the shuttle loop of stupid awesomeness, but I can grin and bear it against metaknight and attempt to at least damage him with jabs/nairs/well spaced fairs with the knowledge that I won't die until I'm at a decent percentage unless I'm near the edge. When I'm off stage on the other hand, I enter my "am I going to die right now?" state. Against ICs, all I have to do is hit a shield or miss an attack and I enter that state.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Eh, fighting a really good MK is more impossible than a really good ICs.

Though fighting a good MK can be a bit more easier than a good ICs...this is assuming that ICs can one shot grab us each time.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
I've played lain in friendlier back at mlg Orlando and it went the same way. And that guys not garbage. I just know the match up. And sure he dropped grabs but give the guy a break.

:phone:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
No dude, the guy in that video did not play a good match as ICs. At all. I WISH I had the luxury of playing people who screw up that hard in tourney. Simply put, you got grabbed too much but he didn't make you pay. Sorry man. I understand you win tourneys sometimes and all, but we ain't going to meatride every match you play like the rest of your little groupies in FL do, especially if there are tons of mistakes in them.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
No dude, the guy in that video did not play a good match as ICs. At all. I WISH I had the luxury of playing people who screw up that hard in tourney. Simply put, you got grabbed too much but he didn't make you pay. Sorry man. I understand you win tourneys sometimes and all, but we ain't going to meatride every match you play like the rest of your little groupies in FL do, especially if there are tons of mistakes in them.
Sounds like theeboredone.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Assuming you do know the match up, that guy did not play the Ike match up all that well then. The things an IC main is supposed to do vs an Ike...he didn't do. With that being said, you can easily lul yourself into a feeling of "I know that matchup" because you beat up on someone who doesn't know the MU either.

I just got done looking at the results of that tourny. There were a total of 20 entrants, but you guys had pools? A bit weird if you ask me. With that being said, there was only one MK main that entered...so that "Not MK ban" rule kinda is a bit lulzy for this tourny.

I don't recognize any of those names minus ChiboSempai...but I guess these other guys must be good if they beat him.

Still though, that IC main was garbage. You should have lost both if not both should have been much closer...you practically stole their money.

It will be interesting to see how you do at APEX.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
Alright Brett really? I'm not asking you guys to give me any sexual relief here. All I'm doing right now really is just putting up vids that's it nothing more dude. Don't be a **** y'know?

Oh do you really think I enjoy everyone meatriding? Hell No! I don't want to be known as that Ike player all I want to be known as is a good player in general. And yea people make mistakes **** happens. I mean like look yea I've won a few tourneys and all but I don't really give a **** it's about fun and if you're willing to be a douche then do you but don't say rude things man.

People are people not machines so don't act like we are supposed to play perfectly every time.

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Lain's now a metaknight main according to the Brawl Rankings, and he's pretty good with him, but ask Berserker which character of Lain's is harder to play against as Ike and I'm pretty sure he'd tell you ICs. Unless you have that match up DOWN it is just plain not fun. It might be easier against a world class player of ICs than a great MK player if you know exactly what to do against each, but if not, you are in for a rude awakening.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Lain's MK is decent good, but I do believe it still reps the club at most tournaments, if you know what I mean.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If Lain's IC is harder then his MK either your MU with IC sucks or his MK is just basic (doesn't know MUs like his IC)

And Ryo, you did good and all, we just are warning you that IC can be harder than what you faced.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I wouldn't say his ICs were harder, but more like I don't know how to play against them because there are no ICs that play at his level that I can play against even somewhat regularly. I do think his ICs are 10239510950x better than his MK, but I don't think he's played MK in tourney that much to have him up to par.

And yeah, while Bored and Brett are a bit more blunt about it, I've gotta give you more credit about just being the better player Ryo. If the IC could have finished his grabs, he would have an easier time closing out both matches (though the second one looked like he was a bit more discouraged).

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Alright Brett really? I'm not asking you guys to give me any sexual relief here. All I'm doing right now really is just putting up vids that's it nothing more dude. Don't be a **** y'know?

Oh do you really think I enjoy everyone meatriding? Hell No! I don't want to be known as that Ike player all I want to be known as is a good player in general. And yea people make mistakes **** happens. I mean like look yea I've won a few tourneys and all but I don't really give a **** it's about fun and if you're willing to be a douche then do you but don't say rude things man.

People are people not machines so don't act like we are supposed to play perfectly every time.
I'm sorry, I'm just tired of you coming in to say you won a tournament. It honestly makes YOU come off as a douche sometimes.
I'm really sorry if self-gratification isn't your aim by showing up once a month telling us about your tourney accomplishments. But it comes off that way. And I'm generally a super nice guy, but I don't give self-lovers all the love and I treat jerks like a jerk. And whether I'm talking to someone I don't like or I'm talking to a close friend, I don't normally sugar coat the hard truth when I'm telling it.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Looool of course I remember. Brett goin off on dat *****! :D

I miss having fun tournies...one I went to this weekend was so bad, not many people showed up and was poorly run. And they screwed up my seeding and I got f'd over because of it. Mad, but w/e.

Brett let's chill and be chill and stuff.

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm sorry, I'm just tired of you coming in to say you won a tournament. It honestly makes YOU come off as a douche sometimes.
I'm really sorry if self-gratification isn't your aim by showing up once a month telling us about your tourney accomplishments. But it comes off that way. And I'm generally a super nice guy, but I don't give self-lovers all the love and I treat jerks like a jerk. And whether I'm talking to someone I don't like or I'm talking to a close friend, I don't normally sugar coat the hard truth when I'm telling it.
Why are you posting this? He ain't gonna show up again until he wins another tourny or places well. Brett trying to get his post count up.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
So yeah, something I've been wondering about: Does jab beat D3's CG at some point? Or am I able to get it out because the D3 isn't doing it perfectly? I just randomly remembered a friendly I played against Coney months ago, and I managed to get out of the CG a couple of times.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I always mash jab when D3 is chaingrabbing (until I get to the ledge for fear of buffered Nair SD). He DOES have to mess up for it to work. So don't expect it to work. But hell, what else are you going to do? And when he does mess up, you get jabs.

Kirk, we will chill and be chill and stuff. Whenever we can make it to the same tourney.

Mustafa-- dang, you got me.

Top Bottom