• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I had some yummy chinese food for dinner celebrating my uncle's birthday. Doesn't matter to me, I'll make up any excuse to go out to eat chinese food. I love me some shrimp lo mien and shrimp broccoli.

EDIT: one of the characters in katawa shoujo is wearing a shirt that says "BUSH CHENEY 2004" LOL

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
So i got some questions after revolution tournament.. I friendlied ALSM and either i lost my touch with link matchup or he got really good cause i could not get inside close to link idk why... Also i lost to diska in losers bracket he is a snake player from Illinois after talking to him he used to play with Meneil and said ever since her he played pure camp snake which is what he did vs me game 2/3 i won game one and then lost 2nd 2 1 on halberd which i effed up by not seeing him place a mine and i counter picked to battlefield which after the fact was a bad idea for how he played.. where should i take a campy snake? and whats the best way to handle link matchup again? Those are main 2 questions.. I got 13th of about 30 in singles and me + smoom (playing as wario/peach) got 4th in teams out of 12 :p

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Having trouble envision why you would have trouble with a campy snake on BF. Small stage and gives Ike a lot of time to maneuver around platforms. If you are not comfy with BF, you should have tried a moving stage like RC.

And why didn't you ban Halberd? That's a top Snake stage.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
So i got some questions after revolution tournament.. I friendlied ALSM and either i lost my touch with link matchup or he got really good cause i could not get inside close to link idk why... Also i lost to diska in losers bracket he is a snake player from Illinois after talking to him he used to play with Meneil and said ever since her he played pure camp snake which is what he did vs me game 2/3 i won game one and then lost 2nd 2 1 on halberd which i effed up by not seeing him place a mine and i counter picked to battlefield which after the fact was a bad idea for how he played.. where should i take a campy snake? and whats the best way to handle link matchup again? Those are main 2 questions.. I got 13th of about 30 in singles and me + smoom (playing as wario/peach) got 4th in teams out of 12 :p
No no, AeroLink got good. I don't know how I can really explain how to deal with the match-up. I'd need a video of me vs him. I still win in that match-up with him, but I can't think of what special stuff I do to win right now.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
err...pass, Link has two options for getting The ledge so i wouldn't feel comfortable trying to hit him out of it with counter, because if he used the Z-air, Then we're in all sorts of trouble, and at the very least we've given up stage control.
I don't really get to play link that much so I can't sat all that much, But i think we all know it's a matchup you can't really rush in on. Patience everywhere
In terms of data, He's pretty free if we catch him shielding jab, His OOS options are pretty limited (I think his fastest option is an OOS N-air, still not too fast and i can't recall how fast his shieldgrab is)
And Be ready to avoid a D-air when you knock him into the air, particularly if you're at a higher percentage
Can't think of much else other than that

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yea we can jab 1 Link's shield without really any surefire punish.

I was thinking run of counter, after it, we could probably reverse aether him

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
From playing Links like Izaw, I know we can beat Link's Dair with any aerial except maybe Dair, even Bair. Jab a lot at close range cause Link's fastest ground move is 7 frames. Nair is much safer on Link's shield than Fair is as well (if you time Nair well, none of his punishes OoS are guaranteed). If you predict a Zair recovery from him walk-off Dair for a free stock. Also Link's Up b doesn't auto sweetspot until around 20 frames, so abuse that and if you got time and he recovers low you can sometimes spike him out of it. And as well patience and PS everything he throws (his projectiles are pretty slow). If you play the MU right, it should be much harder for Link to gimp us than viceversa. Overall, when I play this MU, the only thing that threatens me is the range in his moves, without that it would easily be our easiest MU, but by pressuring him due to his slow moves (he has a hard time dealing with pressure due to his slow moves), it won't be too easy for him to space us.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So while playing hisoutensoku.. I've come to some realizations..

Okuu combos mainly off her jab.. has a mobility problem to overcome, and...

[collapse=gives no sympathy]
[/collapse]

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ugh trouble sleeping plus having to be up at 7am do not go together... I fell asleep like around 3am.. Sigh i spent 1.5 hours trying to fall asleep ._.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Well, all of that was true about me last night as well, but I didn't decide to post it here where nobody cares.

I mean unless you count this post, of which the main point is to say, "Nobody cares."

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well, all of that was true about me last night as well, but I didn't decide to post it here where nobody cares.

I mean unless you count this post, of which the main point is to say, "Nobody cares."
I really just wanted to post something for a +1, BS's sentiment is a bonus

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
I should be here alot more i could learn something..Hey ike people's what's up?

:phone:

MasterKurei

Smash Apprentice
Ayo Golden-psyco ggs at apex.Sorry i went pocket Snake on you :'( didnt feel like doing a ditto since i had like 2hrs of sleep.

Top Bottom