• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Can Ike Grab to Pivot Grab Wario? I been doing this on practice mode but i dont know if its legit.
Yes, its frame perfect though.. You can't buffer the pivot since buffering makes you do it too early
You've got about 2 frames to do it. I once did it 13 times in a row. That will never be replicated, but damn, it was cool.
Wow this is pretty cool.Yo im open for some cool Ike tricks.
You can also (of course) Utilt, Bair, pivot Bair, run underand Bair, or angled upward Ftilt.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I think there have been some instances where people didn't get their jump back, or they just had some BS lag before they could do another action.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
That's another kind of scarring, the one Wolf and pikachu can do, where they land directly onstage.
What the Ike is doing in this vid I simply call "cancel" or "edge cancel" (it might be called scarring as well but it's confusing...); and afaik you always get your double-jump back.

You can also short-hop dair wario out of an air release.

MasterKurei

Smash Apprentice
Well you guys know bout the sideb to the stage edge thing rigth?Like in sv,bf u can side b under the edge and edge hog lol

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I used to drink coffee every morning. Turns out that coffee beans themselves aren't a good thing to have when you have UC so I had to stop.

Still drink Tim Horton's coffee though. >_> <_< Double doubles are too good.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
So I decided to play a few RPGs of years past to catch up on what I missed from childhood (as RPG is a genre I never really played, shamefully).

Chrono Trigger is my first one. I played all weekend and am deep into the game... and I regret playing it first.
Because I may never do anything except play Chrono Trigger over and over for the rest of my life.

Also this theme will probably never get old. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqZaFDA7PXY

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
hey guys I'm actually retiring from brawl. It's been one hell of a run but I need to focus on my life that I want to pursue. Which is music. I will be putting out a CV my last one I hope in the next month.

I'm glad I met you all at Apex. I hope to meet again someday. Until we meet again Space Cowboys....

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

[collapse=Click at your own discretion]oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo[/collapse]

Why are you guys retiring before I get to surpass you :mad: Your future is clearly not as important as playing a children's card video game! >_<

Le sigh. I suppose I will wish you the best, then. This better not be the last time you post on here, though!

san, if you retire within the next year, I will never forgive you.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
^ This means I get to be best default color Ike! (I know Kirk is going to pop out of nowhere because I said that...)

Man, it's a shame I didn't get to meet you, Ryo. If you don't come back, I hope you succeed wherever you go.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
hey guys I'm actually retiring from brawl. It's been one hell of a run but I need to focus on my life that I want to pursue. Which is music. I will be putting out a CV my last one I hope in the next month.

I'm glad I met you all at Apex. I hope to meet again someday. Until we meet again Space Cowboys....
Dayum man, there were great things that were gonna be coming.. but I guess the part of Florida you're from is done with smash eh?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Damn. Well You have your priorities straight in the least, It's more then can be said for me!

I can't help but feel this is an elaborate troll which stops ESAM from ever have a salty runback against you though :B

Regardless, Best of luck in your musical career!

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm not retiring, but I'm not really going to be practicing much or anything, just going to the odd tournament every couple months. There's pretty much no TOs left in my region anymore except for like Troy and it's too much of a time commitment to do it myself. Will probably be more active again after the semester is over.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm not retiring, but I'm not really going to be practicing much or anything, just going to the odd tournament every couple months. There's pretty much no TOs left in my region anymore except for like Troy and it's too much of a time commitment to do it myself. Will probably be more active again after the semester is over.
It has been like this since fall '09. Everybody should know San isn't retiring soon. You just have to be patient to see him do something. =P
(Kinda like me but I don't have as much an excuse, except I didn't have money to throw around. Now I do, so I'm looking for tourneys.)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I should be starting a part time job soon.. so I'll start to have money again.

And being in retirement doesn't mean you can't still be the best still.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You can't be the best if you don't compete. Historically? Sure he can be considered the best Ike in Brawl, but not at this point if he chose to "retire."

Top Bottom