• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

C.J.

Smash Master
Two different things GP haha.

Yes, we're still good if you want to make the trip, Ussi.

Catch anything fishing?

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I caught a yellowtail something.. And a squirrel fish which we had to throw back.

[collapse=squirrel fish]
[/collapse]

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I played some Brawl for the first time in a good long time last night.

And I randomly played so well it made me wish I was going to Apex.

I made some of the dirtiest reads in ages.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Btw double post because nobody cares:

Ussi, I'm jealous of you for having water that blue anywhere near you. I have nasty Texan (manmade) lakes for 6-8 hours and then there's the Gulf of Mexico.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
It may be blue but could still be full of crap. One of the beaches I went to in Rochester....blue water, but take a bucket of it and splash it on the sand and it's green :urg:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
We have some really nice water here in Australia. On hot days it looks like you could take a picture of it and put in on a travel brochure, and you often get Mangrove trees sticking up with just their branches/leaves above the water, while the trunk and below are under-water.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
we have some pretty good water here. Although we're a tiny island, so we get the sea. It's still nice though :D

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
new server don't work for my phone

also what are yall pools for apex? I see Ryo is gonna end up playing a diddy in the 2nd round of his pool

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I have 5 byes in my pool yay

Ryo, try to save as many games as possible plz ! I also asked Leon if he could get around to play you. As a matter of fact, if you could play with euro players and save replays, that would be awesome. And now I wish you good luck, I hope you'll make it far because you definitely can !

Good luck to everyone else attending (G~P I'm not forgetting you !), I don't know exactly who is because I didn't keep up with the news all that much. Rep Ike, save replays, and have fun !

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I have 5 byes in my pool yay

Ryo, try to save as many games as possible plz ! I also asked Leon if he could get around to play you. As a matter of fact, if you could play with euro players and save replays, that would be awesome. And now I wish you good luck, I hope you'll make it far because you definitely can !

Good luck to everyone else attending (G~P I'm not forgetting you !), I don't know exactly who is because I didn't keep up with the news all that much. Rep Ike, save replays, and have fun !
My pool is currently OP, but it's being 'fixed' in a few days luckily XD
Cheers man, Im here primarily for fun but hell it would be great to shut up the various naysayers on the UK smash page by making it to bracket XD I've been working desperately hard on not-autopiloting all my matches. and its a WIP but hopefully it will be all ready for the singles!
anyone know if doubles bracket is up yet?

tru0067

Smash Journeyman
I just don't have fun playing this game.
Why do you still post here then

I caught a yellowtail something.. And a squirrel fish which we had to throw back.

[collapse=squirrel fish]
[/collapse]
I can see why you threw that back

we have some pretty good water here. Although we're a tiny island, so we get the sea. It's still nice though :D
Australia is a huge island so we have lots of nice water

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Now at internetexplorers place. Turns out I wont be staying here, Instead I'm going back to stay with Ryo and TrueBlue :D Ike and sonic everywhere

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
another tip, learn to punish Olimar's whistle, its exactly like punishing air dodges just you have half the leeway to punish (Olimar's whistle only has 5 frames of vulnerability instead of air dodges 10/20). If you think he was land with whistle then you grab him.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
One does not simply approach Olimar

You have to be wary of his fsmash and pivot grab.. Pivot grab you want to just not get close enough to get grabbed which means you can't reach him, so you have to bait it out then push him to the ledge where he can't pivot grab you. You gotta not get too preoccupied with killing pikmin at the same time not ignore them. Shielding makes them past right through you. Fsmash is used to get you out so he can side b you some more. Once you get in, you want to jab or grab him cause Olimar is pretty easy to shield pressure.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
I figured jabbing would be an effective way to pressure. i just have a tough time approaching. What stages are best and suited for counter picking in that matchup? Sorry if it feels like im asking too many questions. I havent been to many rournaments since i moved from dallas.

:phone:

Top Bottom