• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Combo Video by Reed

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I'm not even angry, I was just bored and wanted to reply one post.
I read your post, and your persistence made me thought that you didn't understood the first post.
Yes, they made very silly mistakes, and I explained what happened, you still wanted to be against without reason, I think something like: "I don't like it, this video sucks" was enough and I wouldn't care less about it. I don't know why you have that "something" to drive you to do unnecesary criticism. I won't tell you "Stop", it's alrigh. Discussion Forum ¿but remark something that was already stated? C'mon. I don't care If I'm a girl either, Reed just wanted to use my "popularity" to gain more views to his video.

¿Cocky? ¿Where? I'm not trying to be cocky. I'm just here for the ones in the video, if you don't like that I actually have reasons to counter yours, please ignore.
I haven't seen you post any good arguements against me yet. If you want all the arguements for why the video is bad then I will repost my first post again. And this time try to read it. If you don't understand something then just ask. I'm here to help :).

I hate to be a downer, but that video was pretty bad. Combo videos (while I understand that there weren't combos) are supposed to make you look good and make your opponents look good. There were many instances of stupid playing, for instance, you hit your opponent up, charged an up smash, and waited until they came into you. Frankly, there were way to many things like this that wouldn't work on a skilled player to say this was good. It was also way too long, especially for the content that you had in it. Its difficult to make a melee combo vid from a pro this long, and melee looks way more impressive, thus making it easier to be occupied for this long of a time period. While, it is fun to make your first combo vid, you should wait a little bit longer before you come out with another combo video. ie wait until you are a better player. I'll admit that when I came out with my first combo video, it was too soon and it was pretty bad. If you stick to smash and continue to get better, then I think you will find out what I mean.

I think you should calm down, It's just another video, go and tell that to Reed himself: youtube.com/user/grafoneo
Send him a private message and tell him his video sucks, please.

Don't get offended =/
I'm not angry, I just commented on how the video was bad, and I'm not going to search out Reed just so that I can tell him I didn't like his video. I saw it in a thread, and so I commented on it, that is all. You then you didn't read my 1st post or at least didn't understand it, wrote up a huge arguement that didn't work in the slightest, and then you failed to realize that you are wrong, and posted again. And anyways, you should let other people defend themselves, well, unless you are having fun making them look worse than they are.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
Dyna, i'm surprised ur in this forum, but w/e

Who cares wither or not someone thinks a combo video is good or bad?
if you, bowyer, thinks it's bad, then ok, it's bad w/e
if dyna thinks it's good, ok then, it's good
everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i get where both of you are coming from, but, i think you should just leave it be, and let people enjoy the vid, wither they like it or not, let people decide for themselves
if anything, you two look bad from just arguing (sorry dyna with respect)

korsys

Smash Rookie
I liked the vid. (To get back on topic)...
It kinda shows what Ike is able to pull off if the player finds himself in the situations shown in the vid itself. (Like recovering into the eruption eg...)
It dont get the people complaining about the opponents beeing to weak in a combo vid - i mean a combo vid is there to show off moves/combos isnt it? Otherwise it would be called like 'epic pro ike vid including top opponents rox00ring their ***** off' something like that...
On the other hand this is my second post here so noone will take me serious anyways =.=

Good vid!

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Dyna, do me a favor. Ask Reed to make a smashboards account. I want him to join the "Blood-4-Blood" Ike clan. He's good, plus he was one of my favourite players for Roy in Brawl. It's a good community. =] Have him post in our thread!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Dyna, i'm surprised ur in this forum, but w/e

Who cares wither or not someone thinks a combo video is good or bad?
if you, bowyer, thinks it's bad, then ok, it's bad w/e
if dyna thinks it's good, ok then, it's good
everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i get where both of you are coming from, but, i think you should just leave it be, and let people enjoy the vid, wither they like it or not, let people decide for themselves
if anything, you two look bad from just arguing (sorry dyna with respect)

This is a thread for feedback/ comments, they can post their oppinions, or debate the hell outta it if they want.

I liked the vid. (To get back on topic)...
It kinda shows what Ike is able to pull off if the player finds himself in the situations shown in the vid itself. (Like recovering into the eruption eg...)
It dont get the people complaining about the opponents beeing to weak in a combo vid - i mean a combo vid is there to show off moves/combos isnt it? Otherwise it would be called like 'epic pro ike vid including top opponents rox00ring their ***** off' something like that...
On the other hand this is my second post here so noone will take me serious anyways =.=

Good vid!
Combo vids are supposed to make you look good. No one looks good if they're beating the hell outta someone who's only being beaten to hell because they're playing bad. So, videos are supposed to be more like the 'epic pro ike vid including top opponents rox00ring their ***** off' otherwise, they're not entertaining. I mean, who'd want to watch a video of say (melee example) a fox walking around upsmash "comboing" samus, when you could watch a video of a fox waveshining/ nair comboing a samus. The latter are inescapable for the most part and are sheer tech skill. The first is just the samus being dumb as hell, and letting the fox do it to them. I guess if you had a vid of an Ike moving fast, doing impressive stuff that tricked an opponent into attacks, it would be good, and entertaining. "Tricking" your opponent into falling onto your charged usmash, however isn't all that entertaining.

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
Ok then, Bowyer =)

I did read your post. I just don't understand something. If you already made your post, spoke your heart and everything... ¿why do you keep posting something you already said? We understood the first time.

They can't defend themselves, and I have lots of time lately.

I thought u passed away Dyna.
That was rude...

rtmcs1017

Smash Cadet
Nice!

Excellent video man, keep up the good work. It's nice to see Ike kicking some ***.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Ok then, Bowyer =)

I did read your post. I just don't understand something. If you already made your post, spoke your heart and everything... ¿why do you keep posting something you already said? We understood the first time.

They can't defend themselves, and I have lots of time lately.
well this a thread where people can debate whether or not the vid is good. I posted saying the vid was bad, and then you posted johns about it being good, so posted again arguing against your post, and then you wrote up a long arguement that epically failed, so I had to post saying how you make no sense, etc. Thats how a debate goes. And you obviously didn't understand the first time because then you wouldn't have made stupid posts that make you look dumb.

And you defending them is making them look worse.

comboking

Smash Master
you don't just go on the boards and say I thought you passed away at least you did not say she died! but it still was rude

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
comboking, please STOP spamming.

If you continue, I WILL report you.

It's not just your 1-liners and double posts that are annoying, it's the useless things you say. Please think before you post so that people can find what you say worth reading.

You might want to talk to your middle school English teacher about that.

*not trying to insult him, but the kid is actually in middle school -_-*

comboking

Smash Master
comboking, please STOP spamming.

If you continue, I WILL report you.

It's not just your 1-liners and double posts that are annoying, it's the useless things you say. Please think before you post so that people can find what you say worth reading.

You might want to talk to your middle school English teacher about that.

*not trying to insult him, but the kid is actually in middle school -_-*
sorry for the double post but smashboards does weird things!

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
Nice video, Ike looks awsome and capable of some sweet combos.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I agree, this is in no way what a competitive Ike is going to look like. Infact, we probably won't see what a competitive anything looks like for atleast many more months, or maybe even a year or so. People need to seriously stop saying that the videos that they are watching is going to effect the metagame or be a model to what future players will play like. The game hasn't even come out in America yet and I would bet money that most of the people saying things about the metagame haven't even played the game.

Ike is not capable of combos (a a a is not a combo).

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
ok wth is going on here?
Bowyer i have read your posts and everything. You're bombarding Dyna for something she didn't create. You're completely opinionated in many things you say. I completely enjoyed the combo video all the way through. Dyna and her friends also happen to be very good at melee and I think you're discrediting her and her friends. Don't look into the future of things so much and leave things as is. Is the video entertaining? In my opinion and many others the answer was yes. The video did exactly what it was meant to do, entertain and show a possibility over the Ike sterotype of slow and useless.
- Oh, and thank you Dyna for posting the video. Reed did a great job.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wha? If anything the video fit the Ike stereotype of slow and useless pretty much deadon. :V

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
ok wth is going on here?
Bowyer i have read your posts and everything. You're bombarding Dyna for something she didn't create. You're completely opinionated in many things you say. I completely enjoyed the combo video all the way through. Dyna and her friends also happen to be very good at melee and I think you're discrediting her and her friends. Don't look into the future of things so much and leave things as is. Is the video entertaining? In my opinion and many others the answer was yes. The video did exactly what it was meant to do, entertain and show a possibility over the Ike sterotype of slow and useless.
- Oh, and thank you Dyna for posting the video. Reed did a great job.
I wasn't bombarding Dyna for anything. I was just stating my opinions about the video, which is that its bad. And I'm sorry if I was comparing this video to other good videos, I didn't realize they weren't good enough to have their video compared at a skilled and competitive level, I'm sorry for assuming they wanted to be treated like every other competitive smasher out there. And after seeing the comments posted by Dyna in this thread, I honestly, with my entire heart, believe they are not good at melee. They may be good compared to the people they play against, and I'm sure they could kick the living hell out of you, but I don't think they would stand up to anyone considered as skilled at a competitive level.

I never said this video was worthless because I'm sure many people wanted to see gameplay of Ike, but when its compared to a good video, its terrible. (I also need to point out that I am fully acknowledging that combos are hard to come by in brawl and that me saying it is terrible has absolutely 100% nothing to do with the lack of combos.)

Edit: If it seems that I am opionated in what I say its because I have seen many good combo videos, I've made a bad video, and I also understand what it takes to make a good video. (I'm sorry if you and other scrubs can't distinguish between good and bad videos yet.)

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
No one agrees with Bowyer? w/e, I will.

Good vid , BAD combo vid, cpus could have done a better work than those opponents.

Defeated ppl in combo vis look bad ? Good combo vids have a part ( last 1 ) where the opponents´ skills are shown. Thats my opinion , of what a good combo vid should be.

Top Bottom