• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike glitch

Betaz

Smash Ace
LAME! I only thought DDD could do that not kirby too -.- I've only known about this for a few days now...

Wolt

Smash Journeyman
Thats insane. It also happens on Pokemon stadium 2 with the electric conveyor belt, he launches himself off the stage into oblivion.

Valzek

Smash Rookie
Shouldn't affect Grand Viper because you stop in front of your opponent with it rather than hitting them. So I don't think the glitch effects it unless you're hitting them with your QD in which case you're not using Grand Viper anyway.

Unless of course someone can prove me wrong. O.o

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
Dang! I need to make sure my friends never find out about this o.O they're currently mourning the fact that Ike can kill Kirby with like 3 blows...

Sharky

Smash Master
Shouldn't affect Grand Viper because you stop in front of your opponent with it rather than hitting them. So I don't think the glitch effects it unless you're hitting them with your QD in which case you're not using Grand Viper anyway.

Unless of course someone can prove me wrong. O.o
I dunno about that actually. Since the suction attacks pull you forward you might not be able to stop right in front of them.

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
Someone shouold test it out and see if it works on the Grand Viper and post the video.

Zukaza

Smash Apprentice
Thats really gay. Thank god only kirby and Dedede can do it. I havnt played many matches with them either.

Doval

Smash Lord
Miller said:
Its not a glitch, its the Physics of the game.
Quoted for emphasis.

There's nothing glitching here, the suction is what's giving him the push. I saw this happen at a friend's house, though it was another attack and another character, I can't remember which. Basically happens if you manage to get into close-range suction and interrupt Kirby/Dedede so the actual eating part of the Inhale never happens.

It's a rather unexpected outcome, but not a glitch.

FartKnocker

Smash Apprentice
Someone needs to test this with some of the other characters' dashing moves like Fox/Falco/Falcon/Ganon's side B. I'm at work or I'd test this myself.

Good find, OP. Thanks.

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
Doval although you put in a good point, it is incorrect. You see this IS a glitch, becuase when IK uses his B>, he is supposed to stop after he hits them. With Kirby and DDD, he is supposed to suck them in EVEN if the other char is attacking. So what happens; Ike's attack cancels out the suck ATTACK, but for some reason the actual inhaling momentum is not canceled. Therefor we heed these results.

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
i think that glitch was done before on me over wifi when i was trying to suck them in....

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
HOw is it the physics of the game if Ike isn't in the air and doesn't get stopped by the edge?
Simple, the actual swinging animation from quick draw, and the lag of it, doesn't stop at the edge.

When he is dashing, he stops at the edge, but the wind effect was really strong since he was close to it's point of origin (DDD or kirby) and so after he swung, he would get carried over the edge during his swing animation or during the lag afterwards, and then begin to free fall because it does that.

Physics, and really simple if you know how games works.

Doval

Smash Lord
FartKnocker said:
Someone needs to test this with some of the other characters' dashing moves like Fox/Falco/Falcon/Ganon's side B. I'm at work or I'd test this myself.
Fox Illusion and Falco Phantasm hit AFTER Fox/Falco get to you (because the hit box is in the shadow trailing behind them) so they'd get sucked right out of it. Falcon and Ganon might pull it off if the hit box for triggering their grabs is far enough in front of them, but it's somewhat iffy. There's probably some other move that can trigger this though.
Ornj said:
You see this IS a glitch, becuase when IK uses his B>, he is supposed to stop after he hits them.
Um, no. Ike stops when he hits you but there's nothing stopping wind effects or Water Gun/FLUDD from pushing him around when he hits.
Ornj said:
With Kirby and DDD, he is supposed to suck them in EVEN if the other char is attacking.
Kirby/DDD USUALLY end up eating characters that try to attack them because the character's body, comes in contact with the grab hit box in front of them when they attack. However, the hit box doesn't extend very far in front of Kirby/DDD; Ike swings his sword from too far away to be grabbed when he triggers Quick Draw. Kirby isn't "supposed" to suck Ike because Ike is out of the grab range, even if he isn't out of the wind range.

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
This topic should be renamed to "It's official: Quick Draw is the worst special in Brawl"

pirkid

Smash Lord
Can this be used if Ike is across the stage?

Say Ike's move finishes just as he reached the Inhale. Does he still fly forward? Or does he stop and get sucked in because he has no momentum left?

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys on this. It actually has more applications and works better than you think.

I was just playing free for all online on Shadow Moses. Turns out the same trick works against Link's gale boomerang. Link used it on me while I was charing QD. I unleashed before the boomerang got to me and it carried me straight past Link hitting another player behind him in the process.

At high percent this will still kill just as if QD hit normally; in this case both were at about 80-130% and I got two kills for it. So ait actually has some pretty good applications since it lets you hit more than one enemy with QD.

Wish I could upload a replay of it but it does work against a gale boomerang and it actually carries the full force of a regular QD still. The only thing that saved me though I think was that since this was Shadow Moses the walls were still in place so I just collided into the wall rather than blasting off the stage.

Beock

Smash Rookie
Arizona 3-4 Stock Matches, No Items, Must
This doesnt seem to work all time with Kirby... Ive been trying it several times and ive sucked up ike istead of him flying off to doom land. the glitch only seems to happen every once in awhile, unless im doing something wrong

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Get this off the Ike forums!

This doesn't help Ike AT ALL. No one post it in the other character forums.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Note: Ike should never be using QD against King Dedede in the first place due to Waddle Dee spam. The Dees can be attacked by QD, which sucks.

As for Kirby, yeah, kinda sucks, but at least he doesn't have as lame projectile spamming. Just space aerials since they'll outrange pretty much everything he has.

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
Can this be used if Ike is across the stage?

Say Ike's move finishes just as he reached the Inhale. Does he still fly forward? Or does he stop and get sucked in because he has no momentum left?
He gets sucked on becuase he has no momentum left, and his attack has finished. This is the same for DDD.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
He gets sucked on becuase he has no momentum left, and his attack has finished. This is the same for DDD.
Not quite true. Check back one post, the same effect happened to me with Link's gale boomerang last night. The fact is that the gale boomerang was only one or two character lengths from me when I unleased QD. I had been charging it for a grand viper so I had plenty more momentum and yet it carried me past the gale boomerang and Link and one other guy behind him.

I'm actually starting to believe it is a glitch.

menofuntall

Smash Cadet
Get this off the Ike forums!

This doesn't help Ike AT ALL. No one post it in the other character forums.
I'd rather raise awareness than hide it. After all, the other character forums probably have already heard of this glitch by now. Best prevent newer players from falling victim to this...er, physics exploit.

EDIT: I must've asploded my sarcasm detector this morning.

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
I really don' mind if kirby/DDD players see this, I mean they will eventually.

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm going to test links gale bommerang out today and see the results.

Top Bottom