• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Opinion

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Well, for starters-metagame only applies if you're playing perfectly, so a standard "default" surely cannot be set by someone who doesn't play perfectly-i.e. you and I. Considering that Brawl's metagame relies more heavily on mindgaming (which is very subjective) than melee , you'll probably never be playing at "true" metagame level. Thank lack of AT's for that, as now there is no sure-fire way to kill people, now. Well, infinites, but w/e. Second off, no characters are simply better "by default," thanks to the inherent nature of gamer participation. <_< Not that you're wrong, but there's more to consider.

Don't get me wrong, Ike is tough to get good with. Easy to gimp, slow to execute many moves. He's a big n00b killer, but even the big guys make mistakes. These mistakes are punishable, and Ike is someone you don't want hitting you. You'll almost never land a fsmash, but there are other options available.

Oh, and spacing for the win=Ike is better than people give him credit for.

Snake, Pit, Falco, Olimar, Marth, and any gimpers are all very tough matchups for Ike.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Lets be real, name all the characters that are by default better than Ike.
Because obviously we are fake at times.

Snake, Pit, Link, Olimar, DDD, MK, Marth, Bowser, Zelda, Falco, Fox, Wolf, Squirtle, Pika***, ROB, Toon link, Lucas, maybe some others.

Yeah, Ike is kinda ****ed when it comes to good matches.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Bowser? How bowser? The only thing I've noticed that he's got on Ike is his flamebreath edge guard and bowsercides against stupid people.

Top Bottom