• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

SiD

Smash Master
I don't think Marth or Roy will be returning. Rather, I think they ran into eachother anda more balanced fighter was born: Ike.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
He looks like he'll be a Roy. To replace "Roy's our boy" his cheer should be "I like Ike." I care not for how Ike is really pronounced.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Marth really isn't that cheap.

The amount of time you requier to master his spacing is crazy. He doesn't even have many rush down techniques either. His best offensive trait is tech chasing, and that is only if you are quick enough to grab the opponent.

Marth is easy on the begginer level, but he is sure hella hard to master.
If you give a character too much potential, people will come to exploit it sooner or later. There's no point in debating how hard he is to master when his moves are ridiculous on any level, unless you're talking about top tier vs. top tier. And just what does Marth do to any character that isn't top tier, CF, or ICs? He destroys them. I despise him, his ridiculous 40% tipper KOs, his camping game, and his 100% damage edgeguards just as much any asset of any other top tier.

Lol at hinting Marth would be unable to get grabs when he wants to, btw.

Besides that, I think Ike might be a replacement to Marth as the Fire Emblem representative. Marth's never even appeared in a FE game released in the states, so Ike would be a more recognizable character on a much wider level.

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
@ RyokoYaksa

marth was in the original fire emblem

you just can't beat that i mean come on

Fawriel

Smash Master
I don't think Marth or Roy will be returning. Rather, I think they ran into eachother anda more balanced fighter was born: Ike.
That's what I expect. Besides that Sakurai wants to balance the game more, just look at him. He has iron weights on his boots or something, and he wields a two-handed sword with one hand. I'm guessing he'll have the speed of Roy ( maybe less running speed ) and the power and tipper of Marth. And a sensible grab-range.

D

Deleted member

Besides that, I think Ike might be a replacement to Marth as the Fire Emblem representative. Marth's never even appeared in a FE game released in the states, so Ike would be a more recognizable character on a much wider level.
My thoughts exactly.

Perhaps Sakurai pulled a fast one, and Roy will stay? Either way, HailNekoyasha is gonna be pissed.

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
my thoughts are that marth and ike will both be reps

marth was in the original

ike is most recent and in the only fe game released in the us

SiD

Smash Master
Your sure of nothing and like it!

EDIT: Actually, the first FE game in the US didn't even have Ike in it dude....

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Ike is so cool, Yes they put him in so frwakin sweet!!!!

I wonder how his moves and speed and everything else will be, Pretty cool, and a great surprise update!:)

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I don't think he's locked-they wouldn't show him yet. I think they just put that because he's the first new character shown.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
While I'm not that surprised that Ike's in, I am surprised we are seeing him this early. Love his look, and just gives me the urge to PoR again.

As for Marth, well, don't count him out just yet. The FE symbol is still the falchion blade, Marth's personal sword, and I'm sure you guys have noticed the 'Warning! Challenger approaching' sign above him. Granted this could e referring to the fact that Ike is a previously unmentioned character, but it also means he could be unlockable. If that is the case, then chances are Marth is still the main FE rep or this game.

Still, I'm glad we finally have an FE update.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ok Ike is in, i assume Marth will retun, they're going to Axe Roy and i hope they add a third FE rep, wich i assume you already know his name.

Sig
|
\/

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
They release a new character every week!

I was talking to my friends about this. I thought it was only going to be Meta Knight this week, or C.Falcon. But BAM! Ike!

Who's it going to be next week?!?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Hmm, on a wednesday

Cool timing, I waited till wednesday to check the updates, because of my job =\

I woulda been pissed if this had been monday's update

And lol at 84 people viewing this when I went to discuss ike (84 on character discussion anyway)

D

Deleted member

They release a new character every week!

I was talking to my friends about this. I thought it was only going to be Meta Knight this week, or C.Falcon. But BAM! Ike!

Who's it going to be next week?!?
Metaknight or Captain Falcon (lol).

Back to normality I'm afraid folks.

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
This is my favorite update yet. Ike was top three in my most wanted list. Let's hope the trend continues and we can get some FE stage and music the rest of the week.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
This is my favorite update yet. Ike was top three in my most wanted list. Let's hope the trend continues and we can get some FE stage and music the rest of the week.

It would be cool if they started making themed weeks, like one week they do metriods ATs, characters, and items, ect..

Not have to announce it at the header or anything, it would just be cool to finnaly see a pattern

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Holy crap, Sakurai...I never saw it coming!

Seriously...an unlockable character already. At least he did us the courtesy to warn us before we looked.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling that they'll do one of their 2-day updates where one update is very closely related to the one before it... Samus/ZSS, for example...

tomorrow- if I had to venture a complete guess- Marth or a stage.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
um, guys...Sakurai says he's unlockable. >_< "New challenger approaching" means he's unlockable. Otherwise, he'd just have Ike up there without the warning.

But anyway, I already like Ike better than Marth...

Eaode

Smash Champion
No, he put the warning there for dramatic effect and mayber to warn people who don't want big spoilers. Hell, I was debating whether or not to look for 5 minutes.

Fact is, nothing is set in stone, he could be unlockable, he could be starter. Who knows.

WR3K

Smash Ace
I don't think he's locked-they wouldn't show him yet. I think they just put that because he's the first new character shown.
actually, snake is going to be a hidden character and they have showed him....

i think that sign especially means hes going to be hidden

and i doubt the site is ever going to even bother with characters like luigi, characters who everyone knows will be in, hidden or not

but i may be wrong, all characters may be done one day, AND he has done BK and yoshi.....

edit: and aether sounds like its going to be horrible, for those of you who dont know, aether does damage to somebody while at the same time HEALS IKE, so thats what i think he is doing to link and samus, as they appear to have no knock back during this move, it must be like fox's laser

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Sakurai has heard the fans and has delivered Ike. He is now going to be one of my mains now because he's awesome.

Top Bottom