• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

mario-man

Smash Lord
This proves that tiers don't exist. You barely learned that he's in, and you're already putting him High Tier. Bunch 'a crap if you ask me.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Im sure if they get rid of Marth, they ill make him into an assist trophy...and then no one would use him, cause items are the gay.

EXCEEPT FOR THE MIGHTY POKEBALL.

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
They seem to release characters and stages that are featured in later updates. Yoshi was used a couple days later in the Toadstool jump demo, and most of the newer screenshots are from Sky World. I think they just have a big stash of screenshots, and as they run out of them with existing characters and stages that have to release a new one to use the ones with that character. Now that they have Ike out, he'll be seen more often in the upcoming screenshots they can now use, same with the stage. They're not just teasing along with characters, Sakurai NEEDS to keep putting them out so he can use more screenshots. With only a fraction of the characters/stages confirmed, they're shut out to about a third or less of the shots they could be using, even cutting back move demos and items. That's why they had to release so many characters in the beginning, are they supposed to demo every stage and move with just Mario standing there?

Every new character frees up more shots to use for other updates. Now we have a couple weeks of Ike-featured moves, stages, movements, FS, or even items and ATs.

~rh

Smash Lord
This proves that tiers don't exist. You barely learned that he's in, and you're already putting him High Tier. Bunch 'a crap if you ask me.
Sir.

We are predicting. What's wrong with guessing how he plays?

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
The fact that he has Aether still sets him apart from being like Marth or Roy. He also had a ranged attack in his first FE, but it still waits to be seen if that move will show up in Brawl. While I do see those screen shots looking like moves that Marth and Roy had, that doesn't mean Ike won't have his own moves.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I smell biased in your statement.

Those 40% tipper kills aren't as easy to do as one would assume(Unless you have crappy DI). As far as nerfing Marth goes, I would just reduce his grab range.
Wale up and smell the reality. Marth is not fun to fight against unless you're another top tier. The 40% tipper KOs happen even if you're an expert (you'll be caught by surprise at one point or another). The fact is, the potenial to kill convincingly off the side at that low of a % just should not be in a move such as Marth's fsmash, which hits well above his head while I'm on that.

The way Marth is, 80% of the other competitors' approaches get shut down and they get **** comboed even with good DI. Which is not something that many characters are capable of, btw. Oh yeah, Marth's balanced all right. /sarcasm

But we're not talking about Marth. If Nintendo wakes up and makes Ike not one of the most despicable characters to fight against in Brawl, I'd be happy.

It's not just Marth I hate, btw. All the top tiers need to see massive nerf bats coming down on their heads.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Wow I haven't even played Path of Radiance yet and I must say I was excited for an update that was Fire Emblem.( I think I would of did a backflip if Lyndis was confirmed, I hope they do include a female to represent FE and Lyndis or Mikaya would both be good picks).

I don't think Ike being confirmed reduces any chances of Marth not returning. Marth basicly started the whole Fire Emblem series and cutting the very first lord from the first Fire Emblem doesn't seem like Sakurai would do that.

Ike looks pretty cool to say the least, I'd be happier if Lyn was confirmed but this is a good start.

Jeth

Smash Rookie
I think that Sakurai confirmed Ike before Marth because the fans would be more shocked than if Marth was in and then Ike. He wants us to think of the possibilities. With Ike in, this thread is a proof that his plan worked.

Worked for me too. I was shocked and worried they would take away Marth. And just because the symbol is Marth's Falchion doesn't confirm his being in it. It's been the symbol for I think all the games in the series and Marth wasn't in those games. It looks simple and memorable, is most likely why they put it in.

Sakurai wants us to wet our pants so we'd be more excited about it. More people buying it then. Having a confirmed release date can also imply that they're practically ready. Could also be that it will be realeased near Christmas to have more sales than it would otherwise.

Tujex

Smash Ace
If you played FE:poR, you know Ike is going to be another...hopefully much better, Roy. Ike was a heavy hitting tank in game, boasting high HP and especially after you got the Ragnell (the sword he's using in SSBB) Uber-high attack power. So I doubt they're going to alter him to much, which means he's probably going to be another Roy.

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
As for Aether...never seen the skill itself but judging by the description on the site, it could be his Final Smash. I've played Path of Radiance, but didn't get very far.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I dunno about Aether being his Final, it is pretty cool but after seeing some of the other FS' it just seems a little underwhelming, even if it keeps the healing ability. Though I can't really imagine how it'd work as a normal special though either, so I'll have to see when we et either Ike's Final or special moves update.

For those that are curious, the attack consists of two parts, Sol (an attack that heals according to how much damage was dealt) and Luna (an attack that ignores the enemies defense), which is why it's called Aether (heavens).

peachori

Smash Journeyman
i read a looooong time ago that ganondorf in melee was supposed to have a sword and stuff, but they were in a time crunch and ended up making him a falcon clone. having played a little fire emblem i think its plausible that ike is basically what ganon was supposed to be in melee, big heavy and strong (with a sword haha)

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
Well, I think there should be three Fire Emblem characters, one for each melee weapon. We've got Ike for the sword, so now I hope there's Hector for the axe and Ephraim for the lance.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
MUCH slower, but I don't care. I'll main Zelda & Ike. I heard of him this May, and seen art of him, and he's just cool. Not as cool as Marth or Zelda, but cool...

ToyzSoldier

Smash Apprentice
Awww, I thought they'd show young link before any more new comers. Oh well, I totally don't mind Ike, he looks like a cool character. Just got a big WTF that they didn't show the whole returning melee cast before any new comers, and the fact that Smashboards actually got a character prediction right (that wasn't obvious).

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Awww, I thought they'd show young link before any more new comers. Oh well, I totally don't mind Ike, he looks like a cool character. Just got a big WTF that they didn't show the whole returning melee cast before any new comers, and the fact that Smashboards actually got a character prediction right (that wasn't obvious).
why??
young link is almost as bad a melee character as pichu (edit: idea wise, not fighting wise)
no originality...

and i still think that they are cutting marth...ike is too similar to him
i too think that they should put in a character with a different weapon that a sword, like hector with his ax.
they exhausted swords in melee, with link, YL, marth, and roy, and half of them were clones!

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Query: is anyone here sure that the FE symbol is Marth´s Falchion? Even if it is it doesn´t really confirm Marth, but it does give us a clue.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Query: is anyone here sure that the FE symbol is Marth´s Falchion? Even if it is it doesn´t really confirm Marth, but it does give us a clue.
i don't think it would really make any difference...that symbol may be marth's falchion, but since he was the first fire emblem character, it would make sense even if he wasn't a playable character.

basically, marth is the original fire emblem character, so his sword can represent everyone.

RoadsArePoison

Smash Cadet
Bowser and Peach's symbol are mushrooms, even though they don't personally ever use them. I'm sure Ridley's symbol will be a screw attack. Marth's falchion is just the generic FE symbol now.
Anyway, if we're going by symbols, don't forget the Pitfall and the Animal Crossing stage had a symbol so OMG that means there's gonna be an Animal Crossing character.

GenG

Smash Lord
It's the Falchion, but then again the Falchion has been used many times in the series: As Sigurd's and Celice's Tyrfing in Genealogy of Holy-War, as Roy's Sword of Seals in the same game... all the legendary swords have that shape, but each one has different details. It's a kind of tradition, like the blue haired main characters.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I just hope there's a brown-haired alternate costume, because then I have Max from Shining Force :p

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Mother ****ing Ike. WOOT WOOT! Also, regarding the little sword for Fire Emblem characters, I doubt it's Marth's Falchion as well. Yes, you can rename them for every character, but eh...I dunno, 'nor do I care. I'd love to see Sigurd in Brawl honestly, hell, I'd really love to see Finn(though it'd never happen), but when I saw Ike...iCame.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually quite worried now... I like Marth, people say Ike is basically a cooler version of Marth, but I liked his "aura" so to say.

He reminds me of Cloud from FF - by being so laid back an all. It's hard to explain - but the only term I can put it in is this, so excuse my language lol

Marth a strong character, great speed and attacks - but his looks andoverall personality is quite...Fruity, feminine/poofy - I dunno why, but it made him more appealing to me. Not becuz I bat for the other team (if you know whut i mean lol) but becuz i was intruiged at what his actual moveset was an how he played.

I think Marth added a certain realise to Melee that Roy and Falcon didn't have.

Now I'm slightly worried Marth won't make the cut :|

Top Bottom