• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's best mindgame!!!

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
alright i dont see this posted so i might as well let everyone kno...
the neutral A 3 hit combo ....

well push a then HOLD A then tap A then HOLD...
something like that and u should get
a jab kick jab jab kick jab... and so on

once u try it out u will figure many ways to implement this in ur gameply.... and it makes people freak out since no one knows about it ... well least till now haha

Wolt

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed this when fighting the sandbag, but it's too hard to implement and doesn't do much for a mind game. Not a lot of damage done either.

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
. . . u either do not get what i am saying....
or you are you need to go google mindgame...

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
no....this is not a good tactic
it does not work
if you hit them and keep pressing/holding a, it will go on to the next hit. the only mindgame with ike's jab is to jab a shield, then stop and do something else (throw is the best i've found, but other stuff works)

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
i loev your jigglypuff combo vid's music(the vid itself is so-so)

but your tactic is no thanx.

ifthisisitsobeit

Smash Cadet
I was playing a random match with anyone and it came to a one v one and instead of hitting the third a attack in the neutral jab combo, I pressed down tilt. Though I think it was just a lucky bit, since the up tilt is a lot more effective, but since we were fighting at the edge, it spiked the dude and hilarity ensued on my end of the match. The end..

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
alright i dont see this posted so i might as well let everyone kno...
the neutral A 3 hit combo ....

well push a then HOLD A then tap A then HOLD...
something like that and u should get
a jab kick jab jab kick jab... and so on

once u try it out u will figure many ways to implement this in ur gameply.... and it makes people freak out since no one knows about it ... well least till now haha
ok, not to sound insulting but considering your post count you are probably pretty new to the boards as well as new to fighting games, keep in mind this is not me bashing you. What you are describing is pretty much a "pressure" its done just about every fighting game possible jab,jab, wait, jab, wait, jab, jab, etc. this has been done through out the ages to lead to things like tech chasing rolls or open a free hit in your opponents hopefully desperate action to break out. This is not a mind game nor is it to effective in brawl, reason: you can easily just DI (directional influence) out of it and continue on in life without a care in the world, that and it doesnt chain anyway.

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
... ya sure im new to fighting games u guys obviously do not kno what i mean... but thats ok...
dont post in here ne more let this die... but postme ur code..
PS- if u honestly think im new play me...cuz u made me laff a lil...

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
unfortunately, your jigglypuff performance doesn't inspire any confidence in your skill

riot your post count is nothing impressive, and nothing about a post count on smashboards lets you know how experienced anyone is with fighting games

blizzard138

Smash Apprentice
I am Blizzard138 and I approve of this message.

unfortunately, your jigglypuff performance doesn't inspire any confidence in your skill

riot your post count is nothing impressive, and nothing about a post count on smashboards lets you know how experienced anyone is with fighting games
Yea /agree. I've seen people like this on basically every other thread I visit.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
/sigh it wasnt just his post count but his assumption that his supposed "mind game" wasnt something already thought of decades ago when fighters first existed, hence why i said "keep in mind this is not me bashing you"

Let me spell it out considering you dont take much time to understand posts:

his post thoughts + his post count = someone that doesnt looked to experienced

Thank you for not thinking, it was wonderful to see your insightful posts.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
keep in mind this is not me bashing you but you ended up looking dumber than everyone else in this exchange.

Top Bottom