• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's English Voice (As it hear it here)

Duker

Smash Journeyman
Is it really 100% confirmed for the US version to not have japanese voices/sounds optional?

I'd have to listen to the sounds in-game to truly tell if they're ok or not, but like this they sound kinda ok... the japanese ones are of course much better though.

Excuse me sir, but would you mind that I fmash-banged you on the head? Jolly good! *gets killed*

Edit: Why the heck is j.a.p. censored <.<

AntonieFC

Smash Cadet
Whoever said he sounds like Anakin you were right.

They should've used the voice actor from the actyual Fire Emblem games, and if they did, wtf happenend?

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Whoever said he sounds like Anakin you were right.

They should've used the voice actor from the actyual Fire Emblem games, and if they did, wtf happenend?
*facepalm*

He IS the VO from Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn. Go look up the Radiant Dawn cutscenes, you'll find he sounds exactly the same. That's just how Ike sounds.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
They were all good save for Ike's "I fight for my friends..." (so bland) and all of Pit. I could hear the woman in his voice acting. That's not supposed to happen.

I like Darth Metaknight.

Here's Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTTeJLtf3a8

This comment made me lol: "Sign here if you think PT sounds like he's performing beastiality.."

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
One question: are they using Jason Adkin's voice for Ike's cries of pain or whatever? Or is it just for speech? I hope they keep the japanese Ike grunts, they were cool ><

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
There are plenty of VA out there, why randomly get a baseball player, that has zero experience in Voice acting and make him do Ike?

The guy has no voice acting records at all, only Ike, I find that strange.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I heard him in an english battle.
Crazy stuff!
Eruption and Aether sound EXACTLY like this: "BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!"
Seriously.
But it still sounds cool.
As long as his FS sounds decent.

Ike's taunts are on the borderline of best.
It sounds like his about to go crazy in one of them. (Reminds me of Saix)
And then there's "Prepare yourself" which, I think it's a little too late to say that!
Considering you usually use taunts AFTER you kill.
And the 'Selfish emo kid' "Hmph" taunt is priceless.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
"Blaaaaaaaah" ? lol hehe, I'm sorry I read that and I found it funny.

Sometimes he says Aether though. I've seen a video somewhere on Youtube where they were working with Ike in Training mode and he did Aether twice. First time he went "BLAAAAAAAH" and then he went Aether the second time.

Think it's in the same account as that off-screen video of the CPU Ike.

37yaya37

Smash Rookie
I think Ike's war cry is okay, but I don't really like the way he screams "Aether" when he does Aether...it's just sorta awkward...
And the way he yells "Great Aether" when he does his FS...it needs a lot of getting used to...
Aw well, at least Ike's VA is better than PT's or Pit's...lol

Duker

Smash Journeyman
I don't really like the way he screams "Aether" when he does Aether...it's just sorta awkward...
And the way he yells "Great Aether" when he does his FS...it needs a lot of getting used to...
Aw well, at least Ike's VA is better than PT's or Pit's...lol
So true. But since he screams Aether and Great Aether (when translated, Tenkuu and Dai Tenkuu respectively in japanese) in japanese too, it's not weird he does it in the dub too unfortunetly.

Durf

Smash Rookie
Fox sound reallly bad...omg his *come on* suck arse lmao and ike is Really OK but the japanese voice is better
I understand how you feel but if you go back and play StarFox on N64 (First time he really talked) he sounded EXACTLY like he does in the English version of Brawl. Falco, however, is obviously based on his StarFox Assault voice. I've been hearing Fox is actually based on his Assault voice instead of his StarFox 64 voice but honestly, to me, they sound exactly the same. I'm not too disappointed with how Fox or Falco sound but I think Sakurai was trying to make sure that everyone in the game sounds the same as the previous games that they were in.. save Super Smash Bros. Melee.. since very minor English voice acting was added. (The taunts in the English SSBM are the same as the ones in Japanese SSBM but 2 of said taunts happen to be in English regardless of the version. These were obviously kept while those in Japanese were scrapped.)

aaaanyway, Ike isn't too bad either, I played PoR so I'm used to his voice but for some reason I was hoping they were going to leave his "noble" lines out and just have the manly grunting. His yell during his normal Aether and the taunts really aren't that bad. It could have been much, much worse.

Even Pit sounds a little better during the gameplay. In any case, the game is coming out soon, and we're all going to be way too busy enjoying the living s%$@ out of it to even care about these minor issues.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Off-topic for a second: Huh? Fox's new voice is great. The "Come on!" taunt actually sounds badass for once instead of fun to make jokes about.

KafKa

Smash Rookie
Ike's voice is just the worst. And whats with the childish ''I fight for my friends'' ???
He's a cool character with a gigantic sword which has enough power to back up the coolness. Then why such a lame voice/taunt? I'd like to hear a deep voice saying: Is that the best you can do?! or something like that.
Oh well, I probably won't main him anyway, but it would be nice.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Also keep in mind that it sounds awkward in complete silence and they just randomly throw out lines... In the heat of battle or on a victory screen it wont seem so odd.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Ike's voice is just the worst. And whats with the childish ''I fight for my friends'' ???
He's a cool character with a gigantic sword which has enough power to back up the coolness. Then why such a lame voice/taunt? I'd like to hear a deep voice saying: Is that the best you can do?! or something like that.
Oh well, I probably won't main him anyway, but it would be nice.
Because if you ever played Fire Emblem 9 or 10 you would know that Ike, despite being awesome and really strong, is NOT a "badass" type of character. He's not the type to throw out random insults because they sound cool.

Rather, he's a good natured guy who fights for what he believes in and feels no need to show off how strong he is. He is somewhat blunt with his words, but that's just how he is, he doesn't do it out of spite. He's the kind of guy who says stuff like (actual line from Path of Radiance):

"My sword techniques were taught to me by my father. If I stay true to them, I cannot lose."

Not stuff like:

"Get out of my way, or die."

D

Deleted member

We need more Ike avatars :(.

Anyway, Ike's voice fits him perfectly. Looks like Adkins is getting used to the role, thank god.

Falco's I don't really like. I loved the whole "MISSHUN COMP1337!" he had going for him before, and I'm actually annyoed that his Melee accent is gone.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Still, it's bad.
That japanese is out.
Oh well, Brawl is out today, and I 'm not getting it.
I LYKE RLY W@?/\//\/@ G37 17!
But I can't.
Ike sounds good, I don't care if he doesn't have a deep voice.
It's good.

GenG

Smash Lord
Because if you ever played Fire Emblem 9 or 10 you would know that Ike, despite being awesome and really strong, is NOT a "badass" type of character. He's not the type to throw out random insults because they sound cool.

Rather, he's a good natured guy who fights for what he believes in and feels no need to show off how strong he is. He is somewhat blunt with his words, but that's just how he is, he doesn't do it out of spite. He's the kind of guy who says stuff like (actual line from Path of Radiance):

"My sword techniques were taught to me by my father. If I stay true to them, I cannot lose."

Not stuff like:

"Get out of my way, or die."
Ike SWEARS in Japanese and talks with a strong countryman accent, but we have to stick with the unspiring voice acting and some heavy changes in dialogues. It's a badass character, those who prefer to act than to say but the few words he say are simple yet true.

PCHU

Smash Lord
..........Wow.
Didn't know he swore.
ANYWAYZ, yeah, his voice isn't too bad.

I played as him today at Gamestop, and guess what?
He wasn't so bad in terms of gameplay or voice.
I got used to it quick.

GenG

Smash Lord
Looks like Adkins is getting used to the role, thank god.
Quite ironic as this is the third and possibly the last appearance Ike will have in a videogame, maybe until the next smash. Too late for getting used to anything if you ask me and even still sounding as he didn't give a **** about the character he's dubbing.

Will NOA get professional voice actors someday? I mean, not baseball players, but actual voice actors.

Top Bottom