• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IL Plans for Good **** Stratford

Sago

Smash Lord
ryu i havent goten off my work yet. I have a few more people i can call today, so if anything changes i can let you know.

Hope you guys dont hate me for making you all sleep like rubbish :(

I also would be sad, but wouldent blame you for ditching me

Tink

Smash Hero
well then....the way iiii see it then is, me dart kels rat and chris 0_o. i also got housing for our car fridayyy, but not saturday.

also, whats ur plans for leaving and stuff darticus?

Dart!

Smash Master
who's house is closest on the way from I-55 to Ann Arbor? btw for sake of timing chris rat and john all asked first to ride in my car.
They asked first is all i'm saying. I'm bringing that to attention not saying that who is riding in my car for sure
you guys can decide who rides in my car because i don't want to "pick favorites", i don't mind riding back saturday night if i can get housing that would be near I-55

also, taco bell sounds good right now.

Tink

Smash Hero
loll....for the record, ORLY, also said you WERNTTTT going, and got into my car, which i kicked ppl outta, because he for sureeee needed a ride, cause you bailed -_-.

also, im def the closest, off highway, to anyone coming from chicago area to the tournament, sooo suck it! im 5 mins max off 294, which u def have to go by.

honestly, im hearing alot of johns, and will be changry if me or kels get johned on, cause thats what its sounding like -_-.

Tink

Smash Hero
ya....i mean, its 40 bux one way :/ for my car....thats 80 total, and making ppl complain that im charging too much for gas :/....25+ for gas is ridic.

Dart!

Smash Master
Doublepost can john find a ride from someone else? if so we can just ride 5 deep like tink suggested
although cunning needs a ride i think?

Tink

Smash Hero
i dont thinkkk he does? honestly, i assumed he would fro it up, and nottt go :/. hopefully he can post, so we can get a response...

also, my car only gets 20 miles to the gallon....so, ya, 40 bux....try mapquesting it for yourself....gas is really expensive atm bro :/.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
ryu i havent goten off my work yet. I have a few more people i can call today, so if anything changes i can let you know.

Hope you guys dont hate me for making you all sleep like rubbish :(

I also would be sad, but wouldent blame you for ditching me
I'd never hate you for that, and if people don't mind we can manage this, I have no problems doing this.

I already bought the hotel room ahead of time, just to be safe on this, I'll tell them if we need the keys to the room in a drop box or something.

Tink

Smash Hero
pshhh.....john never got responded too in the first place, so he tech didnt think dart was getting him anyway.

boom
johnbbbb said:
i'd like to know this too, i was planning on going in dart's car but i don't know the details (or even if dart knows that i want to go lol). time/place/etc?
stick to trollin them brawl scrubs barnes :p.

honestly, john did ask first, but at the same time....how are you going to take someone not as commited to smash tournaments as the rest? i wouldnt be so shady about it, if it wasnt my spot that was prolllllly gonna get taken -_-.

Kels88

Smash Lord
lol so from what i'm getting is that basically it comes to down to if John wants to go or not?

If he does decide to go it will be Dart, John, Chris, and Rat.

So would this leave Tink and I to drive there with just us two?

And tink what time are you thinking about leaving?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
@Tink- If you guys are stuck with 6, then why not just go 3 and 3? If it's really that big of a deal for 1 extra person for gas $, then someone is gonna end up gettin ditched. Yea John was kinda iffy on goin at first, but didn't you/Kels/Rat decide on going just like a week ago? The argument goes both ways.

Tink

Smash Hero
loll....yo bro, we had our names in the title since the begining -_-.....we didnt justtt decide to go at all. we just decided to see who all wanted to go 2 week before, and everyones plans got messed up because dart could/then couldnt go and i gave hore seat to chrisl and then cary quit too.

also, dart was plenty convienent for us, as he could pick up kelly/rat, and now one of them will have to drive to my place :/. iff they even cann.

i mean, its not like ima nottt go with 3 ppl, id just rather have more....if kelly and rat are down, im down.....ill talk to the fro about it tonight and see his final plans, but idk.

edit: and i dont see how you guys arnttt concerneed about how much gas$ is gonna be....the difference between 1 person is like, almost 10 bux :/(for my car at 20mpg)....thats no small change for a outta work smash chokeist like myself.

double edit: tho juggles being amazing for our car =D.

Arty

Smash Lord
Okay, just to lay some stuff down.

People in DLA's car as far as I know are

DLA
Me
Kappy
Corms
Xyless
Akashi
Meneil

Since DLA didn't post a time yet, everyone meet at the Harlem(Ohare) Blue Line Stop between 6:30 and 7:00 If anyone has a problem with this, please post up.

Whoever doesn't know, here is where it's located

Harlem Stop

DLA, make sure to get down the address for the hotel as well.

I believe we're also taking one more person from the other car as well. I'm not sure how to figure that out though. Is Sago for sure going?

Dart!

Smash Master
i dont thinkkk he does? honestly, i assumed he would fro it up, and nottt go :/. hopefully he can post, so we can get a response...

also, my car only gets 20 miles to the gallon....so, ya, 40 bux....try mapquesting it for yourself....gas is really expensive atm bro :/.
Well here's where my misunderstanding was. sorry wayne, my car gets 30 mpgs so its not as big of a deal for me. whoops.

we could always roll 3 deep each car and caravan gas money between both cars? does that sound like a horrible idea?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Sorry Tink I'm not used to winning money for Melee, choke or no choke, I'm just in it for the fun baby, so I wouldn't be going unless I knew I had enough money whether I win or not. I have had people **** me over by thinking they are gonna win money and then they don't so I get ****ed outta gas money driving OOS. So yea I know it sucks, I was just trying to throw **** out there and not get anyone excluded but you got all defensive. Did you ask Hore or like Cykofox if they wanted to go last minute???

Edit-Darticus' idea is really legit for your car too. I mean he is essentially saying he will be willing to throw you guys money for gas since your car will be more expensive.

ORLY

Smash Master
John got ditched for SMYM so leaving him behind because it's inconvenient is not an option, IMO. That's not how we roll, boys.

From what I've seen, we have myself, Rat, Kelly, johnblue, Cunning, and Dart/Tink driving. That's seven without anyone I may have missed or not spoken up yet.

Has anyone talked to Cyko or Hore about coming? Maybe Mars? Or Cosmo? These are all people who would like to come, I'm sure.

Tink

Smash Hero
i haveee talked to hore, and hes willing to go again, but doesnt have money now, and need to borrow it....cyko i didnt count, because the night before smym, he ditched out on my car and i didnt wanna have the same happen again.

barnes said:
Sorry Tink I'm not used to winning money for Melee, choke or no choke, I'm just in it for the fun baby, so I wouldn't be going unless I knew I had enough money whether I win or not. I have had people **** me over by thinking they are gonna win money and then they don't so I get ****ed outta gas money driving OOS. So yea I know it sucks, I was just trying to throw **** out there and not get anyone excluded but you got all defensive. Did you ask Hore or like Cykofox if they wanted to go last minute???

Edit-Darticus' idea is really legit for your car too. I mean he is essentially saying he will be willing to throw you guys money for gas since your car will be more expensive.
lolll......im not sure if that was a bash at me for saying money(im borrowing money to go, so ya, i neeeeed to make some. i jussss got a 300 ticket for smym, im broke as a joke).

if thats what dart wants to do, sure, thats cool, but juggle already offered to cover some gas if i help TO, so shouldnt be assss harsh.

orly said:
John got ditched for SMYM so leaving him behind because it's inconvenient is not an option, IMO. That's not how we roll, boys.

From what I've seen, we have myself, Rat, Kelly, johnblue, Cunning, and Dart/Tink driving. That's seven without anyone I may have missed or not spoken up yet.

Has anyone talked to Cyko or Hore about coming? Maybe Mars? Or Cosmo? These are all people who would like to come, I'm sure.

ya, but you are the soleee reason this is happening.....you makeeee me guarentee you a ride, and then dont even let me know you ditched my car for darts -_-....also, kelly/rat were gonna depend on you for a ride here, but now they gotta try to find a car :/(if they have one).

anybody else in this situation would have their panties in a bunch too. it was just badly handled and makes me angry.

rat, lmk about brian, and ill keep my car informed about cunning.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
my address is 28w521 warrenville rd, warrenville il 60555. If you are NOT in my car and are coming to my house tomorrow (for some reason) please let me know ASAP. I know i offered my house as a meeting place for other cars, but afaik i know everyone has their own plans.

For people in my car, I will post a specific time for the meeting when i know. For now i will say it will be sometime between 5pm and 9pm.

ORLY

Smash Master
i had barely talked to dart when this whole thing started, fella. i also didn't know that kels / rat were gonna rely on me to get them to your house (not to say i wouldn't have done it; i totally would have. ilu guys, no homo). but the main reason i signed up for dart's car was because he didn't have anyone going with him. no one else from peoria is goin', so i didn't want him riding alone. i hate it when i have to go places by myself, so i gotta keep my teammate company, y'understand.

i do apologize for not keeping you up to date on my ride situation, tinky. but this will get all figured out by tomorrow, i hope. let's focus on solutions instead of griping; that won't solve anything. MW, do what the MW does best! and to emphasize further, i am not okay with leaving johnblue behind; he doesn't deserve that ****.

ORLY

Smash Master
what about the brawl cars? where are you guys going? do you have any open spots?

if we can fill tink's car with five and get the others covered with brawl cars, that'll be ideal

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Okay, just to lay some stuff down.

People in DLA's car as far as I know are

DLA
Me
Kappy
Corms
Xyless
Akashi
Meneil

Since DLA didn't post a time yet, everyone meet at the Harlem(Ohare) Blue Line Stop between 6:30 and 7:00 If anyone has a problem with this, please post up.

Whoever doesn't know, here is where it's located

Harlem Stop

DLA, make sure to get down the address for the hotel as well.

I believe we're also taking one more person from the other car as well. I'm not sure how to figure that out though. Is Sago for sure going?
I thought there were 8 in my car?

Also is there a place to park near the Harlem stop or do I need to find somewhere on the street to park

_Kain_

Smash Champion
I thought there were 8 in my car?

Also is there a place to park near the Harlem stop or do I need to find somewhere on the street to park
There is 8 cause one of us in Red Ryu's car is going and from what I read might be King? since he has luggage or something like that. Idk yet guess it'll be decided later tonight or early tomorrow

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Ok guys, we are gonna leave my place at 7pm. There will be time to make stops along the way, hopefully every hour or two at least to stretch legs and go to the bathroom. Please shoot to be at my house by 6:30pm so we can be ready to go. If everyone is at my house by 6:30 i will provide everyone with starbucks drinks of their choice before we get on the road.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The only way a "Brawl car" has room is if Sago can't get off work, which he will figure out like last minute.
King should most likely go in DLA's car if he has luggage. Mine would be,

Red Ryu
Sponge
Sago
Scythe
Kain

if he did. So my car would be perfect with 5 people and DLA has one spot so it would work correct?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
My car likely doesn't have room for luggage lol. You probably have at least 4x more trunk space than me if I'm cramming 8 people in.

ORLY

Smash Master
To all cars from northern IL: is there room in the car for someone to pick me up and drop me off at Sveet's?

Zwarm? I'm looking your way, fella. Help me out :D

I will offer some gas and a drink of your choice for the trouble.

Top Bottom