• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IL Plans for Good **** Stratford

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
I think im gonna go, no brawl players in my car tho... that game is a ****ing joke and I can't bring myself to support its pos community.
Compared to a community that I've felt nothing but contempt from simply because I find a different game more fun than theirs? I'm done trying to understand why Melee extremists are required to be absolute *******s to people with a different opinion, it's worse than politics.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Well, looked it up on Travelocity and ended up finding a place for $60 a night per room (considering Spring Break rates, that isn't bad) at the Lamp Post Inn, which is less than 2 miles out from the university, and I assume we will want 2 rooms. Basically, we should decide on that asap before the rates get even higher and end up paying $100+ per room the day of.

Also, Chicago to the location and back is 500 miles, so at 3.50 a gallon and my car getting 25 per, itll be about $15 each for gas.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Either housing or decide on hotel fast
Ok, I'll make it easy.

We're doing a hotel, or at least my car will. Unless someone wants to go house with Tech really badly.

For my car, no charge on gas, I need people to help with the hotel though. I'll bring my Wii for the night before the tournament.

Well, looked it up on Travelocity and ended up finding a place for $60 a night per room (considering Spring Break rates, that isn't bad) at the Lamp Post Inn, which is less than 2 miles out from the university, and I assume we will want 2 rooms. Basically, we should decide on that asap before the rates get even higher and end up paying $100+ per room the day of.

Also, Chicago to the location and back is 500 miles, so at 3.50 a gallon and my car getting 25 per, itll be about $15 each for gas.
Can you tell me the place so I can reserve it. If it's $60 a night I want to get it ASAP.

Scythe

Smash Master
Alright i'm cool with hotel. Sponge's car gets housing then.

red ryu get on dat hotel quick!

ORLY

Smash Master
Aye. Trail, can I get down in the car with you and Cunning? I'll give any gas money I have but I am one poor fella, these days.

Also: I will most likely be able to drive to your place or some other place of your designation. We'll discuss this further!

Sago

Smash Lord
alright red ryu. If in your car what nights were you planing on staying here. Cause i work friday nigh till prolly 8/9 and snday at 4. :(

im trying to get out of my friday night though, its not likley

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Compared to a community that I've felt nothing but contempt from simply because I find a different game more fun than theirs? I'm done trying to understand why Melee extremists are required to be absolute *******s to people with a different opinion, it's worse than politics.
it's not very hard to understand

1. the brawl community is full of a bunch of annoying little kids/melee players who sucked/the most annoying melee players (mostly campers)

2. the game was designed so that special olympics stars could compete on the same level as everyone else

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord

1. the brawl community is full of a bunch of annoying little kids/melee players who sucked/the most annoying melee players (mostly campers)

2. the game was designed so that special olympics stars could compete on the same level as everyone else
1. The melee community is full of a bunch of douchebag failures at life / 2D fighters who sucked / the most annoying 2D fighters (mostly projectile spammers)

HEY, LOOK AT THAT, I CAN GENERALIZE TOO!

It's funny, because neither post is true. What IS true is that a majority of Melee players feel like its necessary to rip on another game CONSTANTLY simply because they don't enjoy it. We get it, you don't like Brawl, I just don't see why its a necessity for you to rag on it.

I don't like what console gaming has done to PC gaming, but its not like I alienate anyone I know who plays console FPSes. Console-based events like MLG are an absolute joke in comparison to **** like Dreamhack, Quakecon, GSL, and various other competitive PC-based events, but I don't go "LOL MLG IS FOR SCRUBS" every chance I get.

Why not? Consoles are a vastly inferior platform that have infinitely less opportunities due to limitations with the hardware, which makes for a significantly less competitive environment. Why shouldn't I? Because it's not worth it. I get NOTHING by bashing consoles every chance I get, except an "Ugh, this again?" from people who ordinarily enjoy hanging out with me. The only people who find enjoyment out of these kind of conversations is those who already feel that way.

tl;dr - Elitism gets you nothing.

*edit* - You just called yourself an elitist and an ******* who has no basis for his argument than "Because my game's better." NICE.

Scythe

Smash Master
alright red ryu. If in your car what nights were you planing on staying here. Cause i work friday nigh till prolly 8/9 and snday at 4. :(

we were planning on staying friday night to avoid the SiiS2 disaster

King~

Smash Champion
lol dont give him exactly what he wants.

who cares what random people say, im not sure why he so adamant about bringing it up every time in the first place.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
lol dont give him exactly what he wants.

who cares what random people say, im not sure why he so adamant about bringing it up every time in the first place.
But... I want to know D: He's not the only Melee-exclusive player that acts like that.

King~

Smash Champion
lol you probaly won't get the anwser you're looking for.

it just one of those things where people don't like the same thing, idk i just shrugged it off since it didn't really effect me in anyway.

Roller

Smash Legend
Yoooooooo, **** is so real in here right now.

And why bother countering what Trail said with anything like what you posted? He went to Michigan State didn't he? So much easier to rip on him for that. Come on now. And those insults would actually be legit.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord

And why bother countering what Trail said with anything like what you posted? He went to Michigan State didn't he? So much easier to rip on him for that. Come on now. And those insults would actually be legit.
Cmon, this is real? Man, you people need to get into knife fights more often.

Never met the guy :O That IS pretty bad though.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Funny how Mango got permabanned for being really annoying and a giant tool on the boards, then when we asked him to be unbanned he told the staff to suck his ****.

As for camping,

[yt]8twwXHDIVBc[/yt]

Run away and camp, happens in Melee, stop pretending it doesn't.

I give this troll/flame attempt a 2/5, too unoriginal and lacks coherent thought.

~

Now for more important things.

Oh, hmmm...that would change things.

If we left at I'll assume 9 to be optimistic, we would get there at 1:00 AM, then stay the night til Saturday morning. If you got off of work this would be nice and help out, but no biggy if you don't.

Then I was hoping we would leave when the tournament ended on Saturday, If we spent the night again, it would be 4 hours to get back so we would leave at 10:00 AM Sunday.

So my idea is Friday pick people up, spend night at hotel. Get back coming back Saturday night, we'd get back early sunday morning.

This cool with you and everyone else?

Scythe

Smash Master
So my idea is Friday pick people up, spend night at hotel. Get back coming back Saturday night, we'd get back early sunday morning.

This cool with you and everyone else?
yesss
omg sam get off on friday!!

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master

haha, sounds like someone's salty about being surrounded by ugly women 24/7.

Sago

Smash Lord
im trying hard. but its a hard shift to get rid of because no one works the position. I think i can make it home by 9:00 though being optimistic. Ill let you know if i get out of it.

lol why are melee players always so mad. I really like both games and both communities.

And as an active member in both i think its fair to say that theres obnoxious people in both, and camping in both.

People tryin so hard to camp cosmo.

ORLY

Smash Master
Trail, focus. Can I ride with you and Cunning (and maybe John9blue also)?

Dart!

Smash Master
im trying hard. but its a hard shift to get rid of because no one works the position. I think i can make it home by 9:00 though being optimistic. Ill let you know if i get out of it.

lol why are melee players always so mad. I really like both games and both communities.

And as an active member in both i think its fair to say that theres obnoxious people in both, and camping in both.

People tryin so hard to camp cosmo.
Id like to point out alot of the time when people try to transition from camping him to attackinh they get kicked, and lose. Peeps arent careful enough

King~

Smash Champion
Red Ryu how much space is in your trunk?

i ask because my spring break starts this weekend and im going back to Ohio and it would be muchhhhh easier and cheaper if i rode with you guys to MI and got a ride from one of the Ohio cars back home.

but this is all bearing me being able to bring the suitcase of duffel bag and getting a ride with Ohio people.

also my chances of going dropped to like 20% lol

Akashi

Smash Lord
So Sponge's car is Arty, Me, Meneil and Kappy, which Tech Chase is housing (yay!). Red Ryu is Kain, Sago, King, and Diego... who are staying in a hotel. Where's Xyless in all of this? I thought he called a spot earlier

Scythe

Smash Master
is there another car? where is DLA riding in? does his car even work anymore?

Top Bottom