• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ill Keep U guys Updated on Brawl Puff Mango << He won Pound ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvey Birdman

Smash Apprentice
discussion ova!
an actual question is i kinda rely on up throw rest in matches vs fox and falco but fox especially, is that a bad thing to try to hard for and if it is what else can jiggs really do. cause laser spam kinda owns

6th Sense

Smash Lord
ouch..... besides you dont even know y im askin 4 a MM.... i hate fighting pros that sandbag... and if money is on the line... he wont ^_^ and u never know... i might get lucky and he will miss some rests >.> lol
Actually I figured that was why...jokesiessss!!;)

Edit: eww I hate having the first post on a page...I feel like everyones lookin at me =_=

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Anyways

What puff are going 2 pound with me!!!

and we are looking at u

*stern look*

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
what are good times to rest peach besides shielding her dash attack? it's hard to find openings.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Well

theres not alot of ways 2 rest peach...

the only way is nair up tilt and low percentages like below 22 percent

and after doing a u-air like at 40 percent .. u air is the way 2 go

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
if the peach is matsuki then just rest away
tehmangosurprising a peach ftw
also if she's downsmashing when you're above her you can i believe. i do, at least.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
if the peach is matsuki then just rest away
tehmangosurprising a peach ftw
also if she's downsmashing when you're above her you can i believe. i do, at least.
most smart peach players wont use down smash while your in the air though lol.. i have lot of trouble resting peach though unless i can do it out of shield from either running attack or down air.

Sliq

Smash Master
most smart peach players wont use down smash while your in the air though lol.. i have lot of trouble resting peach though unless i can do it out of shield from either running attack or down air.
I rest Wife out of a downsmash by CC it and mashing down b. He sucked me right into the vortex and got exploded.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
yea i was actually able to do that once, i didnt think it was something that would be easy to do every time though. can you do that anytime peach downsmashes?
No. Low % you have the best chance to do it. You can still flub it and end up with 30+ dmg for your attempt.

RPK

Smash Lord
Still coming down to norcal in december? lol teach me how to use jigglypuff xD Or help me write up new character match up...Im decent when it comes to technical skill but yeah my knowledge on the character match up sucks ._. I just spam bairs or fairs till theyre off the edge and just edge guard xD

Sliq

Smash Master
yea i was actually able to do that once, i didnt think it was something that would be easy to do every time though. can you do that anytime peach downsmashes?
I don't know. I was going to try to rest out of shield, and this happened accidentally, so I have no idea if it is exploitable. I guess the best way to try is to have a Peach down smash and mash down b. =/

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
I don't know. I was going to try to rest out of shield, and this happened accidentally, so I have no idea if it is exploitable. I guess the best way to try is to have a Peach down smash and mash down b. =/
ok, that's not a problem i can get someone to use peach on me and just practice that. thanks.

GothmoG aka CRIP

Smash Rookie
I need help with Fox, how the hell do I avoid his shine, when I'm trying to get up from below the level? If you understood :)

MANGO!

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Mango, do you have fun playing as Jiggs?
Compared to like, playing as someone else.

I would count out resting in this case, but it is a part of Jiggs, so...

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
I need help with Fox, how the hell do I avoid his shine, when I'm trying to get up from below the level? If you understood

MANGO!
Hei :) Du er Gothmog fra Norge, right?

Use airdodge. It's most effective in my opinion. You could also jump + rising pound up and away from the edge, and go downwards to the edge. If you know what I mean x_X

GothmoG aka CRIP

Smash Rookie
Hei :) Du er Gothmog fra Norge, right?

Use airdodge. It's most effective in my opinion. You could also jump + rising pound up and away from the edge, and go downwards to the edge. If you know what I mean x_X
That is correct ;) Are you Thomas?!
Thanks for the tip btw, I think I understood it O_o ^_^

Pound well away from the stage or edgetech it.
I have found it hard to edgetech the shine, although it may be worth trying to nail it, if it's the best way. Thanks :)

Big_R

Smash Champion
way to play cheap sliq.

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
Had alot of fun at the Nes tourney!

Hehe. I should get some tips on beating Bæra's samus T_T
Heh, yeah. It was a really fun tournament!

To beat Bæra's amazing samus, learn rest out of shield lol. It's too good against Samus! When he fought me, he CC alot, so well-spaced fairs should do wonders too.

Mango is an expert at this matchup. Maybe he could help you out :)

GothmoG aka CRIP

Smash Rookie
Heh, yeah. It was a really fun tournament!

To beat Bæra's amazing samus, learn rest out of shield lol. It's too good against Samus! When he fought me, he CC alot, so well-spaced fairs should do wonders too.

Mango is an expert at this matchup. Maybe he could help you out :)
Yes, and also he's pretty fast for a Samus.

I should learn to rest out of shield, but it just seems there isn't enough time lol.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Rest Peach while caught in a dair.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
ok i havent played any tournament matches with jiggs dittos but i only use jiggly puff so if i go up against someone who mains jiggs i may have to. any tips on what to do in this match up? should i only use well spaced attacks? or should i try to rest, or not rest at all lol.

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
Don't rest :p

This match is, like all dittos, all about spacing and patience. Well spaced fairs and bairs works good. Nairs also. Don't use pound. It's very important to be patience, and attack at the right time. When your foe is at around 100%-ish, you should kill her with a up/fsmash.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
ok, thanks. i thought that was basically what i should do. are you saying not to pound because i could get rested if i miss?

Why would you assume that is the only reason? Other than getting a single hit, pound doesn't link to anything in Jiggly dittos. Maybe with bad DI and low % something could happen but for the most part pound is basically a waste of a move in this ditto where something else could be safer/better. Do not predictably pound to recover either, since don't forget there is most likely a Jiggly right in front of your face to bair you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom