• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ill Keep U guys Updated on Brawl Puff Mango << He won Pound ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Why would you assume that is the only reason? Other than getting a single hit, pound doesn't link to anything in Jiggly dittos. Maybe with bad DI and low % something could happen but for the most part pound is basically a waste of a move in this ditto where something else could be safer/better. Do not predictably pound to recover either, since don't forget there is most likely a Jiggly right in front of your face to bair you.
ok, thanks. i also need some help against falcon and ICs if anyone could help. in the guide you didnt explain too much on what to do really lol. falcon i really seem to have trouble with because of his speed. i really cant keep up with him.as for ICs i havent really played too many but i need advice on how to beat them.

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
As for against Falcon, I base my combos around this one. That's just an example on how easy you can combo him. You don't have to do exactly what King does there, but it'll give you an idea. Anyhow, it works for me lol.

Upthrow to combos works also, and you can upthrow to uair to rest on around 30%-ish (I think x_X). If he uses uthrow to knee, you can rest him. Just mash down b, and if it hits, he won't do it againt :p It works up to 80% I think.

When you have got him of the stage, you practically got that stock. He's the easiest char to edgeguard for Jigglypuff.

For IC, I tend to be a lot in the air. The eskimos' smashes just ***** jigglypuff, and you should really be aware of them. Thus I am in the air alot. Nicely spaced fairs to somewhat high precents, then nair to fsmash and a easy edgeguard is what I go for here. Though, I'm not very experienced in this matchup.

Something like that x_X

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
No problem, man :)

Though, it seems that a lot of Jigglys are overlooking the first post in this thread. Mango have written a bit about a lot of matchups, with pros and cons, and even counterpicks. I don't know if most of you guys know, but it seems everyone is asking about matchups, counterpicks etcetra :) So take a look.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Welll

I was at a tournament.. which i won.. which had like 100 people but whatever...

Well falcon is dumb..
go falco on fd and camp

and for IceClimbers

Wow i **** ice climbers lol

Ok

POUND ALOT!!!
There all wavedashing .. and when there coming 2 u .. POUND!!!!!!!

Nair Up tilt rest.. ****... Rest his nana.. U no ice climber players love there nana
Bair to u air 2 rest works on nana...
and sometimes popo jumps in

once u kill his nana.. u got this ^_^

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Personally, this is my favorite matchup to use Rollout. Wait for their recovery, then slam into a poor ******, one of them will be hit... they're good, but not good enough for 2 people to grab the edge, or to enjoy 0 landing lag. Regardless of who you wail on, the stock is yours; it's also less of a risk than a missed rest.

But hey, thats basically just a last resort if you can just gay their recovery normally.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
OMFG!!!

I forgot about rollout

On final Destination

ROll out like once a stock..

And u will hit nana
like 90 percent of the time

good stuff SchoolieDee

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i am pretty good against jigglypuff, and yes mango is correct.

pound *****

just don't get hit by their fsmash.

and for jiggly it is easy to avoid their grab, so fsmash is one of the few choices they have

ice cilmbers dair is good against jiggly. but you can out prioritize it or CC it.

if you rest nana, don't do it if your percent is over 60 or 70 because a fully charged dsmash or fsmash from popo will kill you. LAUGH at ice climbers players if they try to charge a usmash on you because it will miss.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
omg choknater is correct. i just tried it out. since jiggly is slightly slouched when shes sleeping, and the ic usmash hitbox starts slightly above his head, even if you are right next to her it will miss. COOOOL thanks never knew that.

for iceys, i just nair uptilt rest. :p

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
About the wonderfull mango combo. I've got the hang on the combo itself, but I have some problems in acctually getting the oppertunity to do the combo. What do you do, Mangoboi?

I see that i.e. on Fox, you do the uthrow to pound, and then mangocombo him. Stuff like that :)

kiwiii

Smash Lord
utilt --> rest
pound --> rest
jump out of shield --> rest
...rest --> rest >_>

ShumPenPo

Smash Apprentice
Mango Combo
The Mango Combo is a wireless data communication device that is designed to be user-friendly and portable, along with strong radio reception. It satisfies the need for wireless stocks trading anywhere in HK and designated major cities in China such as Beijing, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Dongguan, Shantou, Guangzhou and Tianjin etc…

Features include:
Real Time Quotes
Wireless Stocks Trading Platform
Heng Seng shares index and futures
Portable Mobile Device
Roaming services available in designated cities in China
Dependable & Safe Modem
Multi-function Mobile Device
High Resolution with User-Friendly Input
Internet Access

Copyright © 2006 Taifook Securities Group Limited. All Rights Reserved.
http://www.taifook.com/english/securities/hk_sec/mango.jsp

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Isn't Jiggly's rest just slightly smaller than Fox's shine?
Can anyone grab Jiggly while she's crouching?
Explain resting through people's dash attacks.
Is there anything you don't have to L-Cancel?
Who can you Pound --> Rest and how do you know you'll land it?

Fox is getting boring to use. Actually, everyone is getting boring to use. Jigglypuff is like a whole new game.

Sliq

Smash Master
Isn't Jiggly's rest just slightly smaller than Fox's shine?
Can anyone grab Jiggly while she's crouching?
Explain resting through people's dash attacks.
Is there anything you don't have to L-Cancel?
Who can you Pound --> Rest and how do you know you'll land it?

Fox is getting boring to use. Actually, everyone is getting boring to use. Jigglypuff is like a whole new game.
Jigglypuff's rest is MUCH smaller than Fox's shine. The hitbox is about the size of one of her eyes. Furthermore, the hitbox is only out for 1 frame.

Both space animals can grab Jiggs while she is ducking. Furthermore, Marth can grab a ducking Jiggs if he doesn't JC his grabs. Furthermore, Jiggs has and idle animation while ducking, and at one point during it, she sticks her head up a little bit, and can get grabbed during it.

You don't need to l-cancel bair or nair if the attack and ff is timed correctly. Furthermore, you don't need to l-cancel if you ledge cancel aerials.

The easiest characters to pound rest are FF that DI incorrectly (i.e. up), and larger characters that don't get sent as far (DK). There isn't any real way of knowing you'll land it outside of understanding the hitstun the move has and how far away your opponent is.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Alright... I've gotten pretty good at resting, especially during times that seem especially random to opponents who aren't used to Jiggs. I call it Mango-vision haha... "random" rests that aren't really random.

So there's a couple characters I'm having trouble resting... I got used to Peach, who is already difficult to rest in the first place, but can someone help me with Mario/Doc?

Sliq

Smash Master
Alright... I've gotten pretty good at resting, especially during times that seem especially random to opponents who aren't used to Jiggs. I call it Mango-vision haha... "random" rests that aren't really random.

So there's a couple characters I'm having trouble resting... I got used to Peach, who is already difficult to rest in the first place, but can someone help me with Mario/Doc?
You don't need to rest them to win this match. Doc and Mario are awful against Jiggs.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Oh lol. Good point.

In that case....

For some reason I still have trouble with Doc. I don't know why in particular... Can ya give me some general tips against him? I heard from most people that bairs alone can beat him but I'd like a little more elaboration than that >_<

Sliq

Smash Master
Oh lol. Good point.

In that case....

For some reason I still have trouble with Doc. I don't know why in particular... Can ya give me some general tips against him? I heard from most people that bairs alone can beat him but I'd like a little more elaboration than that >_<
When I played Green Mario's Doc, all I did was space bairs all day. The pills shouldn't be a problem because you can aerial right through them, and they are laggy, so he shouldn't be able to retaliate.

Stay off of the ground for almost all of this match, as you don't want to eat a Doc down smash or f smash.

Get Doc off of the stage and hit once and he is basically dead. His recovery is awful.

If you space nothing but bairs the whole match, and you space them effectively, this should shut down his whole game.

I'm relatively lacking on good Doc practice, though, so I can't really say much more about it. =/

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Ah alright, thanks.

I'm actually VERY experienced against Doc (Bob$ is no problem for me). It's just that I use Ice Climbers and I basically stay on the ground the entire time, so my anti-Doc knowledge doesn't really apply here that much. I don't know how to get to Doc from the air. If bairs are the way to go, then I'll try it out ^_^;;

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
When I played Green Mario's Doc, all I did was space bairs all day. The pills shouldn't be a problem because you can aerial right through them, and they are laggy, so he shouldn't be able to retaliate.

Stay off of the ground for almost all of this match, as you don't want to eat a Doc down smash or f smash.

Get Doc off of the stage and hit once and he is basically dead. His recovery is awful.

If you space nothing but bairs the whole match, and you space them effectively, this should shut down his whole game.

I'm relatively lacking on good Doc practice, though, so I can't really say much more about it. =/
That's basically the jist of it though. Bair ***** him, period.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Not entirely. I really get creamed by Green and Dogysamich, is that how its spelled? But yeah spacing Bairs is not just it. I did how ever rest Dogy's Doc, he had me in the uair combo and went for the Fair. I rested him! One good memory of the long painful matches that make me want to quit :p

MaNg0

Smash Hero
WOW

people i hate docs...

i just go falco on docs ^_^

Dude serious mango combo 2.. its really good

Its like jab... Ohh man hit ur sheild

UH HUH!! ur feet are open

DOWN TILT!!

**** !

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
WOW

people i hate docs...

i just go falco on docs ^_^

Dude serious mango combo 2.. its really good

Its like jab... Ohh man hit ur sheild

UH HUH!! ur feet are open

DOWN TILT!!

**** !
You mean you hate spamming bairs and being boring. lol.

Binx

Smash Master
I know this was asked a few pages back about jiggz dittos but what moves are good to use against eachother, I basically just bair and try to be really campy, I NEVER rest in a puff ditto because I suck with rest and Puff is hard to hit with it anyways, I basically just bair or fair over and over once I have a percent advantage I try and wavedash backwards and sh fair and eventually just wavedash backwards fsmash if I think they are going to stay close to me.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Ok Doyoung2win

And binx

In puff dittos when i actually try 2 get the first rest so the match goes by real quick

Ok

Nair uptilt at 0 percent lol and it works

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Not entirely. I really get creamed by Green and Dogysamich, is that how its spelled? But yeah spacing Bairs is not just it. I did how ever rest Dogy's Doc, he had me in the uair combo and went for the Fair. I rested him! One good memory of the long painful matches that make me want to quit :p
Actually, it was d.throw -> f.air. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom