• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ill Keep U guys Updated on Brawl Puff Mango << He won Pound ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliq

Smash Master
falcon: FOD, brinstar.

Marth: poke float, green green.
I wouldn't suggest Poke Floats or Green Greens unless you are positive they won't switch. Jigglypuff will get ***** by space animals here.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
alright, thanks.

so basically small stages are better against falcon right? like mute or battlefield, or FoD.

i hate FoD though so i guess mute or battlefield it is.
is brinstar good for marth at all? i'd counter with that if not.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Against space anmals, I can only get uthrow -> rest to work when there is minimal DI on the opponent's part. Is it possible to get it off even if they DI the uthrow?

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
it's only possible if they DI just slightly to chase the DI and rest. if they do a great DI you can't rest them out of the up throw.

to not give them enough time to DI though you shouldn't do any jabs and immediately up throw once you grab.

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
Against space anmals, I can only get uthrow -> rest to work when there is minimal DI on the opponent's part. Is it possible to get it off even if they DI the uthrow?
don't depend too much on upthrow->rest. it's great when it works, but it can be so easily avoided by simple DI. All they have to do is hold the control stick to a side while being thrown, and you can't rest them (though if they try to DI after they're thrown in the air, you can still follow up with a rest like Shadow says).

heytallman

CTALL
Hey Mango, great topic.

I don't really have a question about playing rightn ow, but my friend (who is pretty much still a newb) is convinced that Rest is a broken tactic because I'm somewhat good at pulling it off. I've tried explaining everything to him, explaining how it can be disastrous if you miss (which you WILL miss a rest) and how it's just an attack, mostly everyone has "cheap" attacks. So how can I convince him that rest isn't broken or overly cheap, aside from kicking his butt?

Also, just curious, how important is WD'ing for a Jigglypuff? I recently started getting "serious" about Smash, and I just can't WD. And I figure since Brawl is so close to coming out, I might as well not learn. But I'm just curious as to how important it is.

Thanks in advance

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Hey Mango, great topic.

I don't really have a question about playing rightn ow, but my friend (who is pretty much still a newb) is convinced that Rest is a broken tactic because I'm somewhat good at pulling it off. I've tried explaining everything to him, explaining how it can be disastrous if you miss (which you WILL miss a rest) and how it's just an attack, mostly everyone has "cheap" attacks. So how can I convince him that rest isn't broken or overly cheap, aside from kicking his butt?

Also, just curious, how important is WD'ing for a Jigglypuff? I recently started getting "serious" about Smash, and I just can't WD. And I figure since Brawl is so close to coming out, I might as well not learn. But I'm just curious as to how important it is.

Thanks in advance
WD can be useful if you use it right. it can be used to rest if done properly. you can do a WD in your opponent and rest him. (i barely do that though) sometimes it can be done if your opponent goes for a grab (if your playing against a character who has a duckable grab lol) because you'll duck while wave dashing and can rest them out of the lag from the grab.

other than that WD can just be used for mind games. you can keep your spacing by running at your opponent then wave dashing backwards or do a wave dash dance. you can use wave dash to get away from an attack too by wavedashing away from your opponent.

it's definitely not a necessity but you should atttempt to learn it because it can be useful.

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
If you have the time, learn WDing. It's really not that hard, and after short while you'll get it. Although as jiggly you don't need it much, it's always a nice skill to have =)

S0FT

Smash Ace
I watched this video a wile back dont know who it was. But while this jiggs was crouching this marth flubbbed a wave dash and air doged a little to the right of the jiggs. It would have been to slow to run or jump and punish. So the jiggs wave dashed under him and rested it was really quick and looked pretty kewl!!

BalloonBoy

Smash Cadet
Here's a question:

What's a good way to finish off a Peach at 100%+ in one hit? Cause the Peach always runs away from the FSmash....

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
ohh, i saw that video too soft. yea, it was pretty sick.

BalloonBoy- like peach masta says uair can kill peach easily.
if you can't get it off though don't go crazy trying to hit or you'll get punished for it.
don't keep trying for a lucky f smash either. only if the peach leaves herself open then use it.

if you cant get a killing move off just keep spacing and figthing peach normally.
you don't want to accidentally leave yourself open for an attack and get a whole bunch of damage racked up on you by a down smash or something.
just wait patiently for an opening and use f airs and bairs to try to get her off the stage.

Mada90

Smash Apprentice
I Finally attended my first tourney,i placed 17th in singles and 5th in doubles.
Even if the results aren't actually great,I've been happy to see i can fight almost evenly with most italian smashers,not counting the 4-5 real pros.
When it gets uploaded,i'll post a video of a crew match(the only one wich was recorded)for some critiques.
I do have some questions tough.

1-I just can't deal with Samus,especially when she spams missiles.I had a match going for seven minutes,because Samus kept spamming,and in the end I lost,taking her to the last stock tough.The best idea i could came up with was duck the missile,then wavedash and so on.I'm sure it's lame,so what's a better one?

2-Up throw into rest against space animals:i was wondering if they can DI out of it at low percentages.I used it a couple of times and it always worked,but never against one of the big players.

That's all I can think of right now,but I'll ask more later.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
1-I just can't deal with Samus,especially when she spams missiles.I had a match going for seven minutes,because Samus kept spamming,and in the end I lost,taking her to the last stock tough.The best idea i could came up with was duck the missile,then wavedash and so on.I'm sure it's lame,so what's a better one?
Fair and bair approaches would work I would think. They both eat missles alive.

GosuHonor

Smash Cadet
How Does one go about not getting ***** by CF's knee?
All I can say about that is...****.
I mean, if you've got a falcon who makes you come to him, how the heck do you not get grabbed and so forth?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I got questions for Mango or anyone who can answer these:

1. How can you approach a Sheik who needle spams? I still seem to be having problems with the approach. Should I be patient and hang back, or slowly inch toward the other player?

2. For Marth, would it be better to be in his face most of the time, or would it be better to hang back and space attacks?

3. Space animals, besides how much they suck at recovery and how easily they are gimpable in the air, how do you deal with laser spamming? Also, what options do I have when I'm being bombarded by a space animal's shine?

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
^ Pray ;D

Just for personal preference, I just put heavy B-air/Nair pressure on the Sheik. Putting her on the defensive works best for me.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord

1. How can you approach a Sheik who needle spams? I still seem to be having problems with the approach. Should I be patient and hang back, or slowly inch toward the other player?

2. For Marth, would it be better to be in his face most of the time, or would it be better to hang back and space attacks?

3. Space animals, besides how much they suck at recovery and how easily they are gimpable in the air, how do you deal with laser spamming? Also, what options do I have when I'm being bombarded by a space animal's shine?
i would also like to know how to play these match ups better.
so if anyone has good advice, yeah please answer.

those matchups suck lol

heytallman

CTALL
I would guess that for the Marth one, to be all up in his face would be better. If you miss something when you're in his face, you won't get hit by his tipper, unless you're a slow reactor. And you wouldn't wanna misjudge your spacing or something and get hit by the tipper. The tipper hurts. Bad.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman

Against Shiek, I know you can duck while underneath a platform. If you're in the right spot and ducking, needles will either pass over you or be blocked by the platform. If you do this then you can camp just as long as Shiek, as her projectile can't hit you anymore. I guess this doesn't quite answer your question, but it is possible to try and wait it out, which is what I prefer.

Again, I personally like waiting for Marth to approach me, because if you can lure a fsmash or dsmash and shield it, then you get a free attack, possibly a rest! At the same time, you can't let him space his attacks right, because then you'll never get an opening.

I'm not very experienced with laser spamming space animals, but maybe try to avoid those that you can and get close enough to pressure them into stopping? As for shines, if they like drill shining, a roll can get you away, or maybe WD back out of shield. If I've learned one thing, it's that you can't just sit there and hope to get a shield grab, haha.

I'm no pro, so take what you want from this. Also, Puffball, you're going to FS2, right? It'll be cool to meet some other Jiggs players.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Only works so well:
I don't know, that Jiggs looked like it was trying to hit Fox more than camp back. Kinda aggressive too.

It was frustrating just to watch though.

Also, Puffball, you're going to FS2, right? It'll be cool to meet some other Jiggs players.
Yeah I'm going. I'll have my screenname on if they have nametags. :p

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
--The key to beat all laser spammers--
lol just kidding

though Mango once said (if I remember correctly) that the best way to fight against campy people such as laser spammers is to just camp them back. Be patient, and make them come to you. :)
hahaha, that match was hilarious.

edit: who's hungry box? i saw your sig phanna. i had never heard of him before lol.
i saw him beat lambchops though and play well against dashizwiz, he's a beast! rofl.
has he been around for a while? and has he been this good?

Chexr

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff is meant to be an offensive character, if you dont put pressure on someone camping you you're going to get overrun and out matched due to the fact that jigglypuff cant go hit for hit with characters. You're going to need to get on the aggressive and stop lazers in the first place.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
I have no idea what is going on

but on fox camping

lets say ur at 70 percent

U no they want the up air so u just ledge camp and they will come 2 u

Just because they want that up air so bad

and uhhhhhhhh

heytallman

CTALL
Good God...that video is insane!

Also apparently I have no mindgames and I use pound too much. Not using pound so much I'm doing, but how can I improve my mindgames? I have been practicing wavedashing a little bit, but I'm still not that good with it.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
good **** in that fight against ken mango.
when was that fight?
i don't see how you handle marth so easily.
well obviously it's not easy but still you cna keep up with him.
i seem to get destroyed because of his range and his tipper f smash.
that's another thing, at low percents do you DI away from marths f throw or do you DI into him to avoid the tipper.
really i just need to know if it's possible at 0 percent to like 20 percent to DI away from the fsmash and not get hit at all.
if that's ont possible i assume you DI into marth then right?

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
mango, dudeski is back. i dont remember if i told you this yet, but he plays jiggs a lot again. Also, his aim broke.

my falcon is better then ever aw yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom