• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm back!

epidiOn

Smash Cadet
Yeah yeah, I know barely anybody knew me even when I was here, but now I'm back again! I originally tried playing online so I could beat my friend Marques when we would play. I have since passed him and moved to university. I'm now finding that I can beat the opponents I find in the dorms and I seek new competition again!

Couple questions from a person returning to the online scene:
Do people still play Emularena Grounds (UNIT X)? I haven't been able to connect to it in the past couple days.
Have there been any new plugins, updates or ideas for fixing a lag online due to Vista in the past few months? Has Mupen gained followers? Has Mupen made any new plugins that I could put into PJ64k and be able to play online?

Thanks in advance for any responses!
//epidiOn

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Unit x is down for good i think. Mostly we have been using p2p kaillera. Theres a guide somewhere around here on it.

New plugins? Not really =\

Mupen has gotten better since .60 or w/e it was. You might like it better.

epidiOn

Smash Cadet
But does anyone use it?

I'm actually going to end up partitioning a section for XP. How does one go about "legally" acquiring a copy of XP to install?

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
If you wanna play some games online, I suggest Daroms main server in chicago on excellent connection or Terra online. Accordin to ppl I've played a 3-5 fps delay is normal there (thats great for kaillera on pj64k), its pretty good unless you get a lagger in your game. Everyone is pretty much on anti3d now but I truly don't know why, the input delay is horrible beyond belief there, and once it gets over 35 ppl the server has problems. :ohwell:

epidiOn

Smash Cadet
So wait, exactly which servers are they? What are the IP's?

It doesn't seem very efficient to have everyone spread out on different servers, since it was kind of a pain to find games even when everyone was on Emularena.

Is everyone playing P2P now or do people still use servers? Why don't we all play on one server?

epidiOn

Smash Cadet
Okay so the names are Daroms, Terra Online and Anti3D. I know that Anti3D is also a website where they host server lists, so I wasn't sure that those were the actual names. Thanks.

Top Bottom