• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 I'm confused. How many matches should I expect to get for the Best Buy demo?

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
Like...I'm worried I'll only get in one match due to how big the lines are going to be. :(

I'm going to be grateful though, but still.

I wanna try out Kirby, Greninja, Villager, Mega Man, and Pit, but I'm worried I'll only be able to play as one.

(Of course, I could be worrying over nothing, and the line won't be that bad...)

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Hope for the worst; keep hopes down to prevent disappointment.

Morbi

Scavenger
Like...I'm worried I'll only get in one match due to how big the lines are going to be. :(

I wanna try out Kirby, Greninja, Villager, Mega Man, and Pit, but I'm worried I'll only be able to play as one.

(Of course, I could be worrying over nothing, and the line won't be that bad...)
It depends on the location, of course. It also depends on the hours and days you intend on participating. If you went both days and got to the store reasonably early, you could probably expect to play more than a match. Assuming the default matches are going to be two minute FFA matches (which is what the game is set on), there is a possibility of 150 matches (per day). Each match has 4 players, so as long as the line is not comprised of more than 600 people (which would be abnormally large) you could get more than one match in per day.

So at the bear minimum, you will play 4 matches (if you attend both times) which is 4 more matches than everyone else.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

To be reasonable, you should expect at most 2 matches depending on the size of the line.

BUnit

Smash Apprentice
It depends on the location, of course. It also depends on the hours and days you intend on participating. If you went both days and got to the store reasonably early, you could probably expect to play more than a match. Assuming the default matches are going to be two minute FFA matches (which is what the game is set on), there is a possibility of 150 matches (per day). Each match has 4 players, so as long as the line is not comprised of more than 600 people (which would be abnormally large) you could get more than one match in per day.

So at the bear minimum, you will play 4 matches (if you attend both times) which is 4 more matches than everyone else.
I guess you're also assuming there's only one console per Best Buy? If they had more then obviously everyone would be able to get in more matches.

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
I would like to think that the line will be about as long as any demo booth that's released in Australia: About 3 people max. Sadly, I know that won't be the case, so you could have some guys who have camped out there for 4 hours for all we know.

I'm probably going to show up 1-2 hours early just to see if a line has formed then either join the line or (in the absence of a line) attempt to locate the booth.

Morbi

Scavenger
I guess you're also assuming there's only one console per Best Buy? If they had more then obviously everyone would be able to get in more matches.
Ah, see. There we go, I did not even realize that I was presuming such. You are correct, you could effectively double, triple, or quadruple your play time if there are multiple consoles.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Were there multiple consoles at the last Best Buy event? I mean, I know there was more than one game, but was there more than one console for each game, at least?

Hong

The Strongest
I refuse to show up any more than an hour early.

My city is pretty backwater. I estimate I can play at least once every half an hour if the matches are less than 5 minutes and four people play in each, so I'll be at it until I get bored/uncomfortable.

KoKuTan Kaizoku

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have any footage or idea of how it went last year at E3 with the mario kart kiosk? I worry the turn out will be huge. Not down for camping for a spot... This happened with a few capcom events I've gone to.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Here's hoping Surrey, Canada is a ghost town. I'm going with my friend. Trying Mac first since Weegee isn't there..,

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
My guess: likely only gonna be one match, two if you're lucky. Again, heavily depends on location. For example, my area only has two participating Best Buys, so I imagine it'll be chaos at both.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I'm going to the only one in Oregon so I imagine there will be some crowds. Portlands's a big city and this is right next to PDX. Still, with any luck I'll get a few matches in.

Top Bottom