• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

im having dog problems....(3 month old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Step 1. Potty Train her. When you catch her in the act, stick her face in it, and honk a horn. Then pick her up and take her outside, and do not let her back in for 10 minutes. Repeat until it stops happening.

Step 2. Every time she bites, put her in a corner with something to make sure that she doesn't move, or get out(baby fences work nicely). Put her in there for 15 minutes.

Step 3. When she does anything bad, honk the horn. She will remember this from when she peed on the carpet, and stop.

As previously stated, do NOT hit the dog. Lift it by the scruff.

Do this and you'll be fine.

P47Rotgut

Smash Rookie
Honestly, and I'm sorry about being honest, from what I've read here your family does not sound like they know how to deal with dogs. If you get a rottie, I implore you to get profession training and to READ ABOUT THE BREED. If a rottie does not respect you, that is a BIG ****ing problem. It can become aggressive, and rotties are among the most powerful dogs. Even if they don't become aggressive, lack of respect means they will not listen to you and will pull you everywhere.

Rotties need a lot of exercise. Does your family have time to give this to your dog every day? If they don't, DON'T GET ONE. Don't get any high energy dog you don't have the time for.

Also, if you think your house is too nice to be ruined, don't get a puppy.
Listen to him. I have a friend that had a rottie and she trained him really well but it's literaly a 24 hour job. Getting a dog like that is a huge comitment and if you aren't willing to do what it takes you shouldn't get one. Also make sure you get it fixed if it's a male dog.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
Listen to him. I have a friend that had a rottie and she trained him really well but it's literaly a 24 hour job. Getting a dog like that is a huge comitment and if you aren't willing to do what it takes you shouldn't get one. Also make sure you get it fixed if it's a male dog.
lol, okay. ill convince my dad NOT to get jack russels no more, eve if they are his favorite breeds. i think i can close this thread since my dog passed away and, im sure you all are tired of seeing this thread being bumped. ill just research

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Well, before you close this thread, a favourite breed doesn't mean it's the breed you should get. Get a breed that best suits your lifestyle before a breed you just happen to think looks pretty. My favourite dog is a Belgian Groenandael. I wouldn't get one, though, because it's a herding dog and requires way more than I could currently provide for it.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Your dog is still quite young so it's should be easier to train her.

Dogs like humans enjoy rewards, give her a food treat everytime she does the right thing. Tell her to stop biting with a strong firm STOP! and when she does give her a treat, everytime you say stop she'll expect a treat is coming and will cease biting.

Same with "potty" training. =D good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom