• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm having trouble keeping a flow on YS and BF

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
you really just have to try to keep them on the bottom of the stage, and if they do land on the ledge SHAD fast fall to pick them up is probably the best way.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
Use the platforms as "stepping stones" for your aerial attacks.

You just have to play a little differently than you would on FD or Smashville.

Count

Smash Champion
Tough places for me, and every diddy. I turn it into more of an aerial game, especially against characters with low aerial priority.

diddykongsnaners

Smash Apprentice
you've gotta be kidding me, priority is the amount of hit (i suppose) has

example time: lets say your versing ehh...lets say sonic, and your using...ehh...well lets say mario, mario has more priority so he will damage sonic, sonic has less so he wont damage mario

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
YS and BF just have a different type of flow that involves more jumping around and less banana barraging (unfortunately). The bananas can definitely still be used effectively, but you just won't be getting as much mileage out of them.

Colbert

Smash Apprentice
Interestingly enough, my doubles partner and I, who both use Diddy, find Battlefield to be the best map. It really helps with banana control and if you know how to pick up bananas without air dodge or aerial attack frames you can keep up pretty steady.

It turns out to be good training for singles.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
what you can do is all your falling from the platforms. Do a aerial to suprise your opponent and if the banana peel happens to be on the platform and your under it, airdodge it and just play it safe really.

ZSSonDelfino

Smash Cadet
As Diddy on Battlefield you need to stay on the bottom level and limit aerials to SH's in the middle of the stage so you don;t land on frustrating platforms. If i player is on one of the 2 side platforms, use uptilts to hit them. If they're on the top platform use a full jump then neutral a air, or up a air with a fast fall so you can get back down to the main level. Diddy has fast aerial attacks with good range and killing potential, but you do not want to make this an aerial fight b/c he has horrible aerial movement. So if you're fighting Yoshi or Jiggly or Wario you could easily get beat in the air. Even Meta Knight who also has slow air movement has faster aerial attacks so he'll win, and DDD who has slow air movement has much longer ranged attacks (and longer lasting ones) so he's tough. You only wanna be in the air with Diddy for short periods of time or if you're edge guarding, or to kill with a spike/ forward aerial. Also if you're near a platform but facing away from it , down b puts a banana peal on it those are always fun.
On Yoshi's Islandthe strategy changes a little. You should still be on the bottom, but for people on the platform an up tilt/smash wont hit them always. Also if you SH to a neutral a aerial, you land on the platform a lot =(. My strategy is to full jump and hit them with aerials on the sides of the platforms, and hit them with peals if they're in the middle, or if the platform tilts, you can use up tilt to hit them sometimes. The main point is to stay on the ground though. Platforms are definately not Diddy's friend. IMO Battlefield is harder to deal with than Yoshi's Island.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
i dont have much problems on this stage with my bananas
if they hit a shield they are relatively safe on a platform, and you can pick it up later quite easy with z
when you're pulling out a banana, sh backwards and hit z. you should be able to grab it like there isnt a platform

ADHD

Smash Hero
i dont have much problems on this stage with my bananas
if they hit a shield they are relatively safe on a platform, and you can pick it up later quite easy with z
when you're pulling out a banana, sh backwards and hit z. you should be able to grab it like there isnt a platform
The problem is, they can pick it up with ease.

Top Bottom