• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm not happy with today's update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubinmarshak

Smash Apprentice
Rayquaza did NOT deserve to be a boss. Yes, I'm assuming that he's a boss. Rayquaza needed to be a poke'ball poke'mon. He could use fy, or extremespeed, or something, but he didn't deserve to be a boss.

Deoixys > Rayquaza

Catskill_Crew

Smash Cadet
Did anyone realize he said "and evil hand reaches for him from the lake..."?

Evil Hand = Rayquaza?

Fail.

Talendime

Smash Ace
Oh that was a pokemon!? Cool I didn't know that!

I really loved todays update. It definitely made up for Friday's.

Kamyu

Smash Cadet
Rayquaza did NOT deserve to be a boss. Yes, I'm assuming that he's a boss. Rayquaza needed to be a poke'ball poke'mon. He could use fy, or extremespeed, or something, but he didn't deserve to be a boss.

Deoixys > Rayquaza
Dude, no offense, but who cares about your opinion. I like Rayquaza, Deoxys, Kyogre and Arceus, but Rayquaza fits perfect if its a boss (But, we don't even know if it will really be a boss).

rubinmarshak

Smash Apprentice
Rayquaza is ****ing awesome, you fail.
He's, like, the 5,000,000,000th dragon poke'mon! He lost-even in the anime-to Deoxys! Groudon, or even Jirachi would be much better choices. I don't like Rayquaza. He's not even that creative. Basically, he's a green version of a sky dragon. Heck, compare a sky dragon from Dragon Warrior Monsters to Rayquaza. Pretty much the same. Except Rayquaza isn't as cool.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord

Deoixys > Rayquaza
At least learn to spell Deoxys before stating something like that.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
He's, like, the 5,000,000,000th dragon poke'mon! He lost-even in the anime-to Deoxys! Groudon, or even Jirachi would be much better choices. I don't like Rayquaza. He's not even that creative. Basically, he's a green version of a sky dragon. Heck, compare a sky dragon from Dragon Warrior Monsters to Rayquaza. Pretty much the same. Except Rayquaza isn't as cool.
Dragon Pokemon:

1. Dratini
2. Dragonair
3. Dragonite
4. Kingdra
5. Vibrava
6. Flygon
7. Altaria
8. Bagon
9. Shelgon
10. Salamence
11. Latias
12. Latios
13. Rayquaza

(From 1st to 3rd gen)

Hmm... definately not the 5,000,000,000th dragon poke'mon

Kamyu

Smash Cadet
Dragon Pokemon:

1. Dratini
2. Dragonair
3. Dragonite
4. Kingdra
5. Vibrava
6. Flygon
7. Altaria
8. Bagon
9. Shelgon
10. Salamence
11. Latias
12. Latios
13. Rayquaza

(From 1st to 3rd gen)

Hmm... definately not the 5,000,000,000th dragon poke'mon
The following are new dragon type pokes:

14. Gible
15. Gabite
16. Garchomp
17. Dialga
18. Palkia
19. Giratina

:)

I've heard of people complaining about how hard a boss is, but complaining about how it's "too big?! the 5,000,000,th Dragon Pokemon? Rayquaza being ugly? You fail on a higher level of failure. Srsly.

Spellman

Smash Ace
I've heard of people complaining about how hard a boss is, but complaining about how it's "too big?! the 5,000,000,th Dragon Pokemon? Rayquaza being ugly? You fail on a higher level of failure. Srsly.
Oh, well compared to the first 150 memorable gems.

I didn't even realize he was a Pokemon, I thought he was a member of the Subspace.

Hong

The Strongest
You're quite dull if you think Rayquazza can only be appearing as a boss. They could still make him as a PokéBall simply by disabling that appearance in SSE. They have a beautiful 3d model of the Pokémon and a lot of cool attacks for him, why would they not allow for him to come out of a PokéBall? Not saying he IS a PokéBall option. Just saying not to count him out so soon.

Not like I care, though. Lost respect for Pokémon after the first generation.

Shato

Banned via Administration
Deoxys is a Pokeball. Rayquaza is a great Pokemon and if this really infuriates you so much you should get out more.

ledhead

Smash Apprentice
I saw the title "Fox's Misfortune" and I thought it was going to be about how Fox won't be top-tier in this game. But I think that Rayquaza is one of the best Pokemon to be a boss in brawl. The giant green dragon is a good representitive of the series for boss-eligible pokemon.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
He can still appear as a Pokeball, why not?

And, if he's a boss, that means he has more screen time than a Pokeball, and he'd be more powerful. He'd use more moves too. So, wouldn't a boss be better then a simple Pokeball??

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
Besides, it could be possible to have him both as a boss fight and pokeball pokemon...

two ways I can see it happen:
-the Pokeball version emulates the boss version of Rayquaza for the short time it's out
-the boss version and the pokeball version are different - Rayquaza just does a move like all the other pokeball pokemon. In this case it looks like Dragon Pulse

Shadowclaw

Smash Cadet
Besides, it could be possible to have him both as a boss fight and pokeball pokemon...

two ways I can see it happen:
-the Pokeball version emulates the boss version of Rayquaza for the short time it's out
-the boss version and the pokeball version are different - Rayquaza just does a move like all the other pokeball pokemon. In this case it looks like Dragon Pulse
Or rather, once you defeat Rayquaza, you unlock him as a possible Pokémon to come out from Pokéballs, just like Celebi wouldn't appear in SMB:M until you had met certain conditions (can't remember which at the moment). Still looks possible enough.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
You guys are crazy todays update was awesome. That video was almost as entertaining as sonic's. Who cares if thats stupid pokemon is a boss GOD. Its SUPER SMASH BROS NOT SUPER POKEMON BATTLE.

HaXer

Smash Cadet
Don't worry

Rayquaza isn't boss i think, because Why the heck fox owned it And there shiuld come like 20 vids more about the character. The vid was just because they are saying fox is good. Its same as the banana truck... (Yay banana truck is the boss)

There no possible that its final boss. At maximum its somekind of boss like at the end of pokemon level.

It would be nice if it can be boss. I bit liked it.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I think Rayquaza compares to Petey Piranha, really. Something really big, that isn't a *main* boss...
Seems like perfect early-boss material to me...

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am not going to post what I think about today's update because this is not the thread for it.

However, I do want to say one thing that many have said before. Hopefully, one more might help the guy loosen up.

Get. a. Life. Or get laid... One of the two.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Or get a life and get laid?

No, I'm just kidding about that. Those insults are always so stupid and irrelevant.

Anyways, I thought today was an awesome update... mainly because Fox is such a badass and it showed just that. Come on, loosen up. The Pokemon wasn't even the focus of the whole thing.

Besides, I think something that Fox owns in five seconds of cutscene footage is NOT a boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom