• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm playing Zelda again.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
How should I deal with Fox/Falco? Falco isn't a HUGE problem. He dies in like 2 hits. <3

Fox is a huge ****** though. I dislike not being able to dash dance 300 feet away and kick their faces in, and camp light shield like a champ, and Nayru's Love OOS, but instead run around feebly and get shot to death by Fox's pew pew gun and gay *** up smash.

Sheik/Marth aren't huge problems for me, but I'm not very good at reacting to grab-happy *******s.

TheLake

Smash Master
Good **** rubyiris! Good to have ya back!

Fox and falco you gotta kick them

Until they bleed till they burst from all the anguish that courses through there bodies

You use their screams to fuel your kicks

And make them writhe and bask in the sorrow

of the painful demise

that befalls them every time your heels touch the air around them

Do it

**** works

soap

Smash Hero
Good **** rubyiris! Good to have ya back!

Fox and falco you gotta kick them

Until they bleed till they burst from all the anguish that courses through there bodies

You use their screams to fuel your kicks

And make them writhe and bask in the sorrow

of the painful demise

that befalls them every time your heels touch the air around them

Do it

**** works
lake, u r a sick **** ;)

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
i think the top tiers are in this order from hardest to easiest

fox
sheik
falco
marth

i honestly don't know. I went Zelda in tourney last weekend and beat a peach on FD. the peach CP'd yoshi's story. I said "I'll stay" and he switched to fox

needless to say, I went sheik that match (lolol mindgames)

but really I don't think zelda vs sheik and zelda vs fox are winnable at high level

marth and falco are winnable

edit: something like 1-9 fox, 2-8 sheik, 4-6 falco, 4-6 marth, 3-7 jiggs, 2-8 falcon is my opinion

im eager to be proven wrong tho

TheLake

Smash Master
i also disagree and agree with impp in disagreement but not towards my intial disagree ment but rather in agreement to my second agrement to impps disagrement

That agreement aside I disagree cosmo

I think zelda has no chance against her better though lousier dressed half *shiek*

9-1

fox is 8-2

marth 7-3
falco

falcon 6-4

falcon actually CAN control zelda best but like...hes so easy to keep control over

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Mow's bound to pop in here with "Powershield to grab, baby. I rulez at Zelda vs Falco."

Haha.

I dabble in Zelda occasionalment. All I do is like running dtilt > dsmash. It's pretty cute.

Has anyone ever used up-b oos as an anti-shield pressure? Lol. Just randomly curious. :dizzy:

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Yes, but I suck at it so I go straight up and eat a fully charged u-smash from Falco on the way down which is lame, but I die anyways cause Zelda is floatatious.

TheLake

Smash Master
I loooooooove upB out of shield to forward smash

Dtilt to dsmash is legit *writes down*

But peach is SOOO winnable. Like arguably soft counter winnable

Jiggz i think is alot like falcon but you have to be patient in a different way.

Jiggz I think can be tied for zeldas third worst matchup if played properly (You dont even have to play well to beat zelda with fox or shiek lol ****?)

Falcon you wait for approaches and camp with kicks were jiggz you NEVER want to be in the air because you can be carried off the stage because of it. You want to not camp aerials so much against jiggz and just wait....wait for that **** thing to come closer...because you always have range in the air. Just like peach.

Beware the nair O_O !

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
Funny thing is that today I was just wondering who could do double nairs( in the air without landing on the floor for the second nair) in full hops or short hops and found out that Zelda can do a short hop nair to another nair without landing on the floor for the second nair.

I was inspired to check who can nair in the air twice without needing to land on the floor because of what I just recently mastered with my main; Game and Watch.

This find with Zelda however made me more interested in making Zelda one of my mains to =) . I did SH to Nairs to Bairs or Fairs or even Dairs after the Nair for the hell of it. Pretty sick stuff if it connects.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I did dair > dtilt > dsmash to a falco.

I did dtilt > fsmash later in that stock.

I also moonwalk > bair edgeguarded. I'm so good. <3

On a more serious note: Nayru's Love OOS is very good.

Impp

Smash Ace
I find Falcon and Marth to be my least favorite matches. It might just be me, though. Sheik can be dumb, but I got a lot of practice in that matchup.

D

Deleted member

IMO falcon is her 2nd hardest match. it goes like fox falcon sheik and after that all of her matches are doable.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
right here, starting at 4m 18s (the final stock of this match)

is where I felt completely helpless vs jiggs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1zH-7wxi5M#t=4m18s

IDK I felt like every single option I had was too slow

i guess lake is right about not even thinking of approaching in order to be able to hit jiggs

i haven't been playing zelda too long yet, still learning

TheLake

Smash Master
Wait....WTF!? Where did all those zelda videos come from?! GOOD ****!

Your patient Cosmo...very nice.

I think captain falcon is very doable for zelda. I had Jman in pools this weekend at SPOC and I took a game of his falcon second match. His fox on the other hand though it was close first game...the third was just....ugh lol

And **** zeldas down B that ****s mad gross steve ><

Zone

Smash Champion
I spent like 20 minutes spilling out what I do vs jiggs personally. then I blue screened.... >.>' And I really don't feel like typing all of that again.

Feel free to AIM me. I don't mind talking random Zelda tactics/techs.

just my advice, Aim your shield toward jiggs, so that she hits your shield sooner so you have the option if she's close enough to do more things out of shield. If she's perfectly spacing it so you can't punish out of shield. Well now you can just wave dash out of shield faster.

EDIT: granted if they KNOW you are going to aim your shield closer they could purposely attack early out of range to hit you but just enough to hit your aimed shield. but like anything in this game. gotta mix crap up, or you'll get predictable.

Personal favorite of Zelda tactics.

Once you land those first few kicks if you can. Put the fear of the kick into them. So you can play on their fear, and their non-fear of your crappy grab. Like empty jump into waveland Down-tilt shield poke. Nothing like having them hold their shield for like 2 seconds enough so their feet are exposed. And they think "Oh it's Zelda I'm safe in my shield cuz if she grabs I'll just push down and spot dodge"

Zone

Smash Champion
Would aggressive position pushing with flying Nayru's Love be totally ridiculous?
I think that would be a huge MISS or a good piority throw out move.

But it'd be alot like using Links Grab. Miss, Get rested.

Miss with nayru's love with jiggs at the right spacing. Get rested.

Unless you ment in general and not just vs jiggs, then I use it rarely. I generally think a retreating kick, n-air is safer. cuz you can DI the move while it's happening.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
Would aggressive position pushing with flying Nayru's Love be totally ridiculous?
I've found Nayru's love to be AMAZING against peach, but jiggs I seriously think its a bad idea

like against peach you do wall of fair/bair, and like the only thing she can do is float in from there... then you nayru's love her out of her float... she can do barely anything lol

TheLake

Smash Master
Nyarus love against peach is like dins fire on samus...catastrophic **** <3

Nayrus love is also pro when falcon down throw knees you lol its soo good..mix it up yall!

Dont love jiggs....hate...hate it with all your being

And the kicks will come...through hate....and patience...a tremendous amount of patience! (Read the pounds and nairs....****s got nothing on zelda)

If you can uptilt puff your golden...Its not really practical but its zeldas coolest looking move ever and it looks hilarious when you hit a big ball of adorable evil with it *nods*

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Well, see, I figured that the way to beat Jigglypuff (just from watching Cosmos' video) would be to push her to a corner where she can't work her Wall of Pain so well.

Didn't seem to work so well on Dreamland though. I dunno, maybe just... godly placement of bairs to go over her bairs?

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Nyarus love against peach is like dins fire on samus...catastrophic **** <3

Nayrus love is also pro when falcon down throw knees you lol its soo good..mix it up yall!
Yea sometimes you can get out of throw to knee combos with the invincibility. It's pretty beast.

soap

Smash Hero
nayrus love offstage edgeguards are my favorite thing to do with zelda

u can also use the nayrus to turn around and then bair or edgehog

D

Deleted member

I like to jump off at a falco charging up B and hit him with zelda's up B and warp to the edge. then I keep doing it till he dies/makes it back for fun.

up B hit is really good at saving people but no one uses it.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
I find ledge cancel kicks really innefective i always punish this but then again it could be because i have 3 years of zelda experience lol

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I don't know about that. Zelda doesn't have a realistic answer to bomb spam or nair.

I guess Y.Link has trouble killing her, though. :laugh:

Top Bottom