• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ IM SAFE!!! ~ The Shield Compendium

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
Also, people in the Powershield thread are saying you have 8 frames to powershield in Brawl.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Just found this man. You should at least briefly mention the whole shield knockback off a platform/stage effect. Occasionally it'll actually have an impact a match. =]

Good stuff though.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Just found this man. You should at least briefly mention the whole shield knockback off a platform/stage effect. Occasionally it'll actually have an impact a match. =]

Good stuff though.
I was gonna mention that in the latest section, thanks though I mightve missed it.

Umm two candles, interesting ill try it ill guess lol. SSD and Schwaumulat ill hit you guys up in a few.

Aposl

Smash Ace
This is God-is-my-Rock

you should also rank characters shields from strongest to weakeest, I've heard that Kirby and D3 have the strongest shields

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
This is God-is-my-Rock

you should also rank characters shields from strongest to weakeest, I've heard that Kirby and D3 have the strongest shields
Lol old account? And that's a good idea. Im going to have to take a lot of snapshots though.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Great Shield Breakers are:
- Marth's Neutral B
- Snake's Fsmash
- Donkey Kong's Side B
- Jigglypuff's Pound
- Mr.Game and Watch's Side B[Judgment 3])
uh... did you mean Jigglypuff's rest and judgment 9?

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
uh... did you mean Jigglypuff's rest and judgment 9?
To answer for the OP: No

The amount an attack deteriorates a shield isn't always based on how powerful the attack is. Some attacks have specific shield breaking qualities. Jigglypuff's Pound has shield breaking qualities and I'm going to assume Judgment 3 does as well.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
To answer for the OP: No

The amount an attack deteriorates a shield isn't always based on how powerful the attack is. Some attacks have specific shield breaking qualities. Jigglypuff's Pound has shield breaking qualities and I'm going to assume Judgment 3 does as well.
Thank you, almost each judgement has a specific property. Judgement 3 ***** shields.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Include attacks that kill shields, such as Marth's shield breaker (Neutral B) and Jigglypuff's pound (Side B).
I did... 0.o

Original Post said:
- Shieldbreaking: This can literally turn the tide of match. One shield breaker at even mid percents = death. If your opponent overshields, pick up on this pattern, and own them. Don't over abuse Brawl's shield mechanic! Great Shield Breakers are:
- Marth's Neutral B
- Snake's Fsmash
- Donkey Kong's Side B
- Jigglypuff's Pound
- Mr.Game and Watch's Side B[Judgment 3])

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Lol old account? And that's a good idea. Im going to have to take a lot of snapshots though.
yeah you probably would. And shield size might not necessarily equal shield strength. Also, Aposl is my brothers account, I forgot he was logged on, he uses my computer somtimtimes

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Not to sound like a critic, but to add to shield colors, there's gray for CPU's (applies iirc if you set human on CPU behavior on training mode, just to add). This thread has some good potential, and helps those who are curious about things like "shield hitstun" and such.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Not to sound like a critic, but to add to shield colors, there's gray for CPU's (applies iirc if you set human on CPU behavior on training mode, just to add). This thread has some good potential, and helps those who are curious about things like "shield hitstun" and such.
Thanks for the input; I'm going to try and finally get my stuff together now, since i'm back to school and not much to do once homework is done. I also have to hit up Ref seeing his new thread...

Top Bottom