• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm starting to use fox and in search of some help

Mindphazzer

Smash Apprentice
Since I main Falco, I thought about starting to use Fox. My speed with Fox is alright, but he seems to be full of errors. In other words, I will eventually do something wrong in the match like push the wrong button at the wrong time that might cost me a stock or two. It really sucks and I would like to correct this problem as soon as possible. What would be some nice combos to do in a Fox mirror match, against a captain falcon, and a marth? I will post a video of my fox playing against a computer later today so you can all watch it and tell me what I'm doing wrong. The main thing I would like to know once I get the video up is if I should just stick to Falco or continue practicing Fox? The video should be up before 4:00 P.M. U.S. Pacific time so check out this thread again around that time if you would like to view the video. Thanks alot. :]

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Showing us you playing against a computer won't allow us to properly critique you at all. If you're going to post a video, post one where you're playing an actual person.

FastFox

BRoomer
I hate to say it, but you both were really sloppy. You need much better coordination, and it wouldn't help to move faster. You didn't make as much use of the shine as I'd like to see, and it appeared to me that you were just jumping around throwing out pointless bairs at each other. You could have easily just run up and grabbed him.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
I hate to say it, but you both were really sloppy. You need much better coordination, and it wouldn't help to move faster. You didn't make as much use of the shine as I'd like to see, and it appeared to me that you were just jumping around throwing out pointless bairs at each other. You could have easily just run up and grabbed him.
Right here.
And your edgeguards could be better. Downsmash those easy firefox's on FoD instead of trying to shine(I did see a few though). If you're gonna attempt to shinepike them, at least jump off the stage. There was also a lot of pointless moves to say the least. That one SD from not jump canceling the shine from the shinespike was pretty ugly.
And what was up with only using the illusion to recover? Firefox is as good you know.
You should be able to tell if you're gonna reach the stage or not with the illusion. You guys missed a few there. Try using a firefox slightly upwards if the illusion doesn't reach. Also, don't attack the opponent with the firefox and kill yourself.

Ame$

Smash Apprentice
realy slow sometimes , try some shffled dairs or nairs followed with a waveshine .

You cold also try upthrow to shine at lower percentages , to get ur opponent of the stage .

FastFox

BRoomer
Yeah. The firefox is huge, so don't be afraid to jump out and bair/shine the opponent while they're recovering, especially on FoD, where the blast line is a really short distance away from the stage. You'll make it back no problem.

Top Bottom