• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm thinking of dropping MK. Or maybe even brawl in general

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Seriously. It's HARD to be an MK main. And I know what you're thinking. The answer is no. This isn't a rant like that last guy that couldn't deal with people. I'm talking about people that just plain hate MK. I mean really. I can't go one day without getting crap from people about how I used him. My feedback on the aib ladder is horrble. Every other win it's someone b*tching about how I played. I don't think this game is even worth motherf*cking playing if I can't even use my favorite character without getting bullsh*t people twenty four f*cking seven.

Vyyruss

Smash Apprentice
Why even care about what they say? If they're sayin it's cheap,
that means it's working right? People now-a-days can't handle
a challenge. Tell the people to step they're game up or stop playing
simple as that.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
If you like it, who cares what they thin. Most are venting because, in truth, your character is better than theirs. The fact is, you pick your character and they pick theirs, its not your fault their choice isn't as strong!

Keep with it if you like MK.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
my advice: screw them. if they think MK is cheap, use your secondary, kick thier as*s, and then laugh at them, and then go back to MK and kick thier a*s again.

dont let other people change who you main. besides, im prettys sure MK isnt getting the banhammer. M2K said 70% iss SBR is against him getting banned.

Matt07

Smash Master
my advice: screw them. if they think MK is cheap, use your secondary, kick thier as*s, and then laugh at them, and then go back to MK and kick thier a*s again.

dont let other people change who you main. besides, im prettys sure MK isnt getting the banhammer. M2K said 70% iss SBR is against him getting banned.
Nope, that's been de-bunked, a mod said that was not true.

Anyways, I agree with everyone else, don't listen to what others say, main who you want. If no one will do ladder match I find it's much better to do friendly matches online, so you get experience, and no one cares who you use/main. I use to take online pretty seriously, but now I just do it for match-up experience.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Seriously. It's HARD to be an MK main. And I know what you're thinking. The answer is no. This isn't a rant like that last guy that couldn't deal with people. I'm talking about people that just plain hate MK. I mean really. I can't go one day without getting crap from people about how I used him. My feedback on the aib ladder is horrble. Every other win it's someone b*tching about how I played. I don't think this game is even worth motherf*cking playing if I can't even use my favorite character without getting bullsh*t people twenty four f*cking seven.
Also, I enjoy the opponents *****ing. Feels nice.

Throwing in moans of pleasure as you interrupt their complains makes them leave, I find.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Nope, that's been de-bunked, a mod said that was not true.

Anyways, I agree with everyone else, don't listen to what others say, main who you want. If no one will do ladder match I find it's much better to do friendly matches online, so you get experience, and no one cares who you use/main. I use to take online pretty seriously, but now I just do it for match-up experience.
a mod said M2K was jumping the gun, but didnt deny anything on the 70% part..

*looks for it*

mods deleted the thread :( but yea im pretty sure M2K said that 70% of SBR believes he shouldnt

Matt07

Smash Master
a mod said M2K was jumping the gun, but didnt deny anything on the 70% part..

*looks for it*

mods deleted the thread :( but yea im pretty sure M2K said that 70% of SBR believes he shouldnt
Oh, woops I was wrong, sorry. Yea I looked around for the thread too, well at least now I knew what happened to it, :laugh:.

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
I laugh my *** off when people blame my wins on MK, and then I turn around and kick their *** with a character on the opposite side of the tier list.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Really, you have to make a choice as to what it more valuable to you. Would you rather win, or would you rather have everyone like the way you play against them? It's an honest question that you really need to find the answer to. If you want them to have fun against you, then you should play someone else. There's nothing wrong with playing like this, it's just another style.

If, however, you place more value on winning, then play MK and let their cries of "cheap!" become music to your ears. "Cheap" is just a scrub's way of referring to efficient play.

Nic64

Smash Lord
brawl is really a horrendously designed game, I'd quit it myself but my friends do make it fun =/

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
When I first played him, I had no idea he was broken.
Same here. Since the first trailer, I thought he would be an interesting character to play as, but who would have thought a short guy like him would be so advantageous. Still, don't let other tell you what to main, no matter how "cheap" or pathetic they are. It only shows their incapability of improving themselves and others.

Starlord Titus

Smash Rookie
When you are at the top, you will become a target. If they cannot defeat you, they will try to bring you down. But as champion you know only victory and the trick is to stay on top regardless. For true greatness comes with such a price.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
If you were winning with Ganondorf they'd probably say he's cheap. If you're beating someone, they will look for a way to rationalize it. Just play in the way that satisfies you the most, whether that be FFA with items on or tourney style, MK only.

Buuman

Smash Ace
You need to ask yourself this question, Would you rather play a decent character and do decent in tournies,

or play a good character and do well? Guess what, the difference is, you get a profit with one of them

ADHD

Smash Hero
You main metaknight you have no right to have the single excuse in anything smash related nor are allowed to complain about ANYTHING in smash in general, that also includes melee and 64 because even the melee fox puts shame on you for whining and using metaknight at the same time

The Director

Smash Lord
I main DK but just picked up MK as my second. Already, I'm getting **** from people who can't take the heat.

I mean seriously, MK is the perfect secondary for somebody who's played ONLY DK for the last 7 months. He pretty much picks up all the slack that DK leaves behind.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
As a Marth mainer, I can say that MK is a B***h to play against. That's the truth.
MK is fast, strong, has a good recovery, mutiple jumps, and has cool apperence. What more can you want?
And what can other characters do?

I'm just saying that even if people dislike your character, keep playing it.
I can insult MK, so what?
People insult Marth.
So I stop playing? No. Never. And I won't.

I won't stop hating MK, but since he is already in the game. Well, as the saying goes.
("Don't cry over spilt milk",[ Clean it up and get some more.])

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
You main metaknight you have no right to have the single excuse in anything smash related nor are allowed to complain about ANYTHING in smash in general, that also includes melee and 64 because even the melee fox puts shame on you for whining and using metaknight at the same time
I'm pretty sure that people like you are the reason why he is so fed up with this...

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
You're an idiot.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
I also notice that a good chunk of people heavily against Metaknight are those that don't even really like Brawl to begin with.

To that I ask this: Do you have nothing better to do than complain?

To the TC: find a backup main or get a secondary to shut people up with

Nic64

Smash Lord
I also notice that a good chunk of people heavily against Metaknight are those that don't even really like Brawl to begin with.

To that I ask this: Do you have nothing better to do than complain?
MK's lack of balance is a prominent display of how stupidly the game was made, so I'm not sure I could blame them...the two can go hand in hand. but I actually am the opposite, MK isn't the problem to me, it's most other characters. I like MK and the way that he plays, the problem really isn't that he's so good, he's not(melee tops would take him apart like a poorly made house of cards), it's that most of the other characters completely, and utterly suck. snake and DDD are almost as good(outside of their counter matchups) if you play in the most horrendously gay way possible, but it's boring as hell and just further makes it lame.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
You are so negative. Dude, you get EASY WINS!
So stop complaining! Even an easy win won't be free!

RoboticTuna

Smash Cadet
People are going to ***** about things no matter what. It's just that Metaknight, being god**** annoying to play against because of all his ******** abilities and moves, is an excellent target for this; and he really is a pain in the *** to play.

In short, yes, people should QQ less about Metaknight while playing you but if you play a character who is now widely thought to be overpowered and cheap, you will have to learn to deal with complaints and whining about him; nothing can change that.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
People are going to ***** about things no matter what. It's just that Metaknight, being god**** annoying to play against because of all his ******** abilities and moves, is an excellent target for this; and he really is a pain in the *** to play.

In short, yes, people should QQ less about Metaknight while playing you but if you play a character who is now widely thought to be overpowered and cheap, you will have to learn to deal with complaints and whining about him; nothing can change that.
Until he is banned. Then all that *****ing and moaning will decrease by like, 99%.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
Why even care about what they say? If they're sayin it's cheap,
that means it's working right? People now-a-days can't handle
a challenge. Tell the people to step they're game up or stop playing
simple as that.
C'mon, step it up!

lolz.

But seriously, you're right, if you let other peoples whining pull you away from enjoying the game, then you are just giving in to their tears, let them cry, if you enjoy the character and you play him well, then tell them "Lol no johns." And be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom