• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm trying to create a fun game....

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Using the smash bros amiibo, I've been looking at all these figures, they are awesome, i really dont use them for the intended purpose, i just display them but I wanted to do something cool with them. I've been playing a lot of League of Legends lately, mostly Team Fight Tactics (TFT) which is basically their auto chess / auto battler mode. Anyone familiar with this type of game knows that each character has different "Origins" or "Traits", when you use characters that match in origin or trait, they get bonuses, sometimes for all of your characters even if they dont match the active type. Also if you know these games, you get multiples of the same character in order to make them stronger, my idea for this is to play with one set of amiibo, so no multiples, the characters will get stronger as the game progresses. As far as the battling, obviously it cant be auto, i think each character will get a card with stats. I'm not sure how popular these games are so I'll give a few quick examples (all of the names of the "types" of origin/trait idea are pending, I've really only come up with this idea):

So lets use :ultdk:as our example. A few of the types I have thought of are "Brawler" and "Jungle", DK fits both of these, so he has these types.

So he would get bonuses if teamed up with:

Other Brawlers: :ultwario: :ultbowser:

or
Other Jungle characters: :ultpiranha::ultivysaur:

For now I decided against doing bonuses based on series, i feel like mixing and matching the characters is much more fun than only using Pokemon or Mario characters, but maybe there can be a small bonus or something, i dunno

I've started thinking about combat, progression of this game would go, but for right now I'm focused on trying to find a balance so that every character can have 2-3 "types" I'll list what I have so far, I'm not an expert on every series, so any help, advice, or ideas about anything in the game are appreciated.

I've probably listed too many types, but I want to start with that and narrow them down with time.

Brawlers: :ultdk::ultbowser::ultwario::ultkrool::ultkingdedede::ultganondorf:

Jungle: :ultdk: :ultdiddy::ultpiranha::ultivysaur:

Martial Artists: :ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultincineroar::ultryu::ultken::ult_terry::ultminmin:ultbrawler:

Stealth: :ultsheik::ultsnake::ultgreninja:

Speedsters: :ultgreninja::ultlittlemac::ultfox::ultsonic::ultfalcon:

Nobility/Royalty: :ultzelda::ultrosalina::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultmarth::ultganondorf::ultkrool::ultbowser::ultkingdedede::ultlucina: (I need some help here, I'm not familiar with the Kirby series, is Dedede actually a king? And I know at least half of the Fire Emblem characters are Lords or Princes/Kings)

Aerial Fighters: :ultduckhunt::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultcharizard::ultridley::ultmetaknight::ultjigglypuff::ultkirby::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultkingdedede::ultrosalina::ultyoshi:

Bounty Hunters...or just hunters of vampires and space pirates??: :ultwolf::ultsamus::ultridley::ultfalcon::ultsimon::ultrichter:

Teams: :ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultolimar: :ultbanjokazooie:(I want to include :ultpokemontrainer: here but I think I'd rather use the 3 Pokemon he has in other roles, so that amiibo may not be used, unsure.....wait)

Tactician/Strategist: :ultpokemontrainer::ultrobin: (What other Fire Emblem characters could go here? Are they all leading their respective armies and planning battle strategies?)

Mages/Elementalists: :ultrobin::ultpalutena::ultzelda::ultness::ultlucas::ulthero: These characters all use different elemental spells, but if I wanted to go more for characters that represent a single elemental type, such as most of the Pokemon, and :ultcloud: (His projectile is air, in his game he can use any element i believe?) same with :ultmegaman: but hes not really a mage...if it's named Elementalist he fits for sure though.

Sharpshooters (heavy gun, blaster, bow/arrow users): :ultbayonetta::ultbyleth::ultfalco::ultfox::ultlink::ultjoker::ultinkling::ultmegaman::ultgunner::ultrob::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultpit::ultdarkpit: (might have to split these up its a big group)

Swordsman: Oh god. there are a bunch, I'm either going to keep this as one type with many possible characters (but maybe their bonus is weaker as they are more common) or make this a melee weapon user type, so we can get :ultsimon::ultrichter::ulticeclimbers::ultkingdedede::ultjoker:

I'd also like to make a type for cocky characters, like :ultfalco::ultken::ultsonic::ultdarkpit::ultlucina:

I know this is a long post, if you hung around thank you for reading, again any advice or suggestions would be amazing. (Assuming anyone reads all this)

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
maybe you could combine fly and float into aerial fighters? also lucina would go into royalty since she's a princess

as for the "cocky" type, sonic would go there, and I feel like falcon and dark pit go there too

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I make Games all the Time

Miis are very usful for this you could use them as Weak (non amiibo Enemys) i do it all the time

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
maybe you could combine fly and float into aerial fighters? also lucina would go into royalty since she's a princess

as for the "cocky" type, sonic would go there, and I feel like falcon and dark pit go there too
Thanks, I'll def do that!

I make Games all the Time

Miis are very usful for this you could use them as Weak (non amiibo Enemys) i do it all the time
This would be for the physical Amiibo figures :)

Top Bottom