• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

imagine this...No B...who prospers?

Jibo

Smash Rookie
Sheik would probably fare pretty well, she relies mostly on her A moves to rack up damage/combo/etc.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Man... People are so harsh to eachother... Wowzers...

I honestly don't know who would be the best without their special attacks. I honestly think that a challenging tournament that would make people work harder (or act cheaper) would be to make the B button = another A button, and let the characters go to town. That would be difficult for some people.

I feel weird not being able to carry an Aura Sphere with me. I'm fine with not using it if I don't need to (which would be a heck of a rare momment), but it's like a Security Blanket. I like seeing my Lucario glow with power.... and No B's takes that glow from him. ;.;

tuestresfat

Smash Apprentice
Isn't it obvious that olimar would suffer BY FAR the most???
No pikmin? what the hell is he gonna do T_T?!

I guess a close second would be snake losing his nades/C4 and ToonLink completely losing his key long-range game. Snake would still do well but yea I'm just saying its a huge disadvantage w/o his b-moves than w/ them.

imo in terms of tiers w/o b-moves, MK obviously dominates. Marth could be played well depending on your play style. I've seen a handful of marth's do well while rarely using dancing blades or counter. They just use his aerials and smashes more. To those who didn't bother reading thread poster said up-b can still be used so marth's surprise dolphin slash is still game.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Against everyone else without the b button. Luigi may do well. Fireballs are good, but are used sparingly.
The tornado would be gone, but Luigi's are using that less, at most it is a good second recovery, but nobody will have that.
And Luigi doesn't use his side b, maybe a third recovery. But, yeah.
And Luigi still has his famous UpB, which keeps his ability to kill at ridiculously low percents. Come to think of it, let's take the b buttons off all controllers.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Marth would suffer a lot since his A moves aren't the most reliable thing, I don't main Marth but thats what I heard.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Wow. Dude, that's right. All of Olimar's attacks worth mentioning (except for his tilts) REQUIRE Pikmin, which REQUIRE the B button. Olimar would be ***** without the B Button.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Isn't it obvious that olimar would suffer BY FAR the most???
No pikmin? what the hell is he gonna do T_T?!
He still has the 3 Pikmin he gets when he starts out.
All he has to do is not let his Pikmin get hit, not die, and hope to get good Pikmin in the start and he'll do excellently.

fullynick

Smash Apprentice
:chuckle: 09ers.... ( i can say that now lol )

anyway i think that marth would be the only character in upper/high tiers without tremendously useful specials (g&w aswell)

mk - tornado
snake - nades
ddd - waddle dees (sorta)
falco - lasers
Wario - i dunno... i just dont really like him lol

so marth and g/w yeah

Nicole

Smash Champion
DDD, Kirby, Meta, Peach, Pit, Jiggs, and Charizard would do the best, since they would be the only characters who could actually recover. Marth and Game & Watch would be OK. Everyone else would be trash, since they can't recover, and don't have walls of priority like Marth & Gdub to defend themselves with.

Tennet

Smash Champion
:chuckle: 09ers.... ( i can say that now lol )

anyway i think that marth would be the only character in upper/high tiers without tremendously useful specials (g&w aswell)

mk - tornado
snake - nades
ddd - waddle dees (sorta)
falco - lasers
Wario - i dunno... i just dont really like him lol

so marth and g/w yeah
uh Marth's side B is one of the best moves in the game, also his Up B is VERY useful.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
To the non-B falls the noobs

No b moves besides up-B?!?? *fantacizes when that great day will come, all spamming noobs will be no more*... Erm...

1. MK
2. Marth
3. Lolimar
4. Lucario (has some kick-*** aerials)
5. D3E3
... probably more, too lazy to list.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Marth would suffer a lot since his A moves aren't the most reliable thing, I don't main Marth but thats what I heard.
You have been mislead in the extreme, sir. His A-attacks are far superior to his B-attacks.
That is unless you're a scrub that doesn't know what strategy is with A-attacks *cough, tennet*

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Ugh... why did you revive this thread?
At any rate, Kirby has great specials, and he wouldn't be nearly as good as he is now without them.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
Ugh... why did you revive this thread?
At any rate, Kirby has great specials, and he wouldn't be nearly as good as he is now without them.
u answered to my post soooo u revived it:p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yoshi would have the best recovery without a B button LOL.

Top Bottom