• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMDB 10: Understan! - October 26th, 2013 - Madison, WI

Mundungu

Smash Lord
IMDB10: Understan!

Date: Saturday, October 26th
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/TeamMoonWalk

Location: Industry Room on the 3rd Floor of the Union South (room is subject to change)
1308 West Dayton St, Madison, WI
There should be free parking nearby on Saturdays, I will look into this and update

Tournaments
$10.00 Melee singles
$10.00 Melee doubles ($5 per person)
$10.00 Project M singles
$10.00 Project M doubles ($5 per person)
$10.00 Brawl singles
$2.00 Cactuar Stamina Pancake
$5.00 Divekick

Other 2d fighter tournaments may run if people are interested, including UMVC3, SSF4, Third Strike, etc

Schedule

Smash
12:00 - Melee Doubles
12:30 - P:M Doubles
1:00 - Brawl Singles
2:00 - Melee Singles Pools
2:30 - P:M Singles Pools
4:00 - Melee Singles Bracket
4:30 - P:M Singles Bracket
6:00 - Divekick
8:30 - CSP Singles

Payout: 60/30/10 doubles
60/30/10 singles
CSP: 70/30

Divekick out of Madison Bonus: The highest placer in the Divekick tournament not from Madison gets free pizza! Tie goes to a playoff.

We have the venue until 2AM this time, so everything will finish. We can also start an hour later this time too, so that should help with teams attendance.

Parking

so the places labeled lots 40,54,55, and 56 are close by, free on saturdays, and I'd be seriously surprised if they filled up. Next closest free is quite a bit of a walk so I'd recommend just paying a bit to park underground at the tournament building. There's a little circle driveway kind of thing on the south side of the building where you can stop to drop setups off or whatever if you don't want to carry from the lot.

Parking may be full on these maps when you arrive. You can park on the street near the venue if you don't find anything. Give me a call (608-320-4794) if you have problems finding parking.

Melee Rules

- Items off.
- 4 stock, 8 minutes.
- Team attack on., life stealing allowed.
- Ties are broken by lives then percentage. Percentage ties will replay the match with one stock on the same stage.
- Regular sets are best of 3 matches. Winners finals, losers finals and grand finals sets are best of 5 matches.
- Controller mods are banned.
- Stalling is banned. This includes any excessive use of tactics like rising pound and wall-bombing in order to deliberately delay the match.
- Glitches like the Ice Climbers' freeze glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are also banned.
- Pausing is banned. Pausing during a match will result in a loss at your opponent’s discretion.
- Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: The loser cannot pick a stage he or she has won on in the set unless agreed upon by both players. Additionally, if both players agree to play on a banned stage, that stage may be played as well.
- Gentleman's Clause: If the two players agree on a change in a rule, like choosing a banned stage, they are allowed to do so. If there is no agreement, standard rules apply.
- Wobbling is BANNED.

Stages

Neutrals 1v1:
Final Destination
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium
Mute City
Rainbow Cruise
Kongo Jungle 64

Neutrals 2v2:
Final Destination
Dream Land
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Rainbow Cruise
Kongo Jungle 64

Set format

1. Both players select characters. Double blind can be called if necessary.
2. Stage striking: Players eliminate stages from the Neutral Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in a 1-2-1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat steps 4-8 for all consecutive matches until the set is complete.

Project M Rules (taken from The Big House 3)

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* All items set to OFF and item frequency set to NONE
* Input Assist set to OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in “1221″ fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:

Starter (Singles)
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokémon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi’s Story

Counterpick (Singles)
Dracula’s Castle
Green Hill Zone
Lylat Cruise
WarioWare
Yoshi’s Island: Brawl

Starter (Doubles)
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Pokémon Stadium 2
Smashville
SSE: Jungle
Yoshi’s Island: Brawl

Counterpick (Doubles)
Dracula’s Castle
Fountain of Dreams
Green Hill Zone
Lylat Cruise
WarioWare

After each match:
1. Winner announces two (2) stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Additional Rules:

* Player’s Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
* Neutral Spawn Points: Players may elect to use neutral spawn points to decide controller ports for the first match in case of any disputes.
* Glitches: Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Friendly Fire is turned ON
* Pause is turned OFF

Cactuar Stamina Pancake Rules

Cactuar (by Cactuar)
- Best of 7
- Random stage from everything except Icicle Mountain and Hyrule Temple

Stamina (by Nintendo)
- Stamina Mode

Pancake (by Zjiin)
- Random characters
- Starting with the winner from the last game, each player may decide to "flip" either character, meaning re-random them.
- For the first match, decide randomly who flips first (via rock-paper-scissors).

Rules Clarifications
- If Zelda is randomed, re-random again to determine if you got Zelda or Sheik. The top 2 rows = Zelda, the bottom row = Sheik. This makes it very rare to have sheik, since she destroys low tier characters.
- Select pichu before randoming. This is done to prevent disputes getting the same character twice in a row. If you "accidentally" hit B to repick Pichu, you are stuck with him.
- If you can't tell who won the match, replay the game.
- Wobbling is LEGAL.

Brawl Rules
The Apex Ruleset

Divekick Rules
- All rounds are Bo5
- Double blind first match (both character and gem if necessary)
- Character lock for the winner, loser can counter pick
- Winner picks gem first

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I might be interested in attending this. I can bring a full set up along of Brawl/P:M.
I am mainly interested in original Brawl though. How do you think the turn out for it will be? Also, is there anyone in the Chicago or Waukegan area that needs a ride?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Anyways, we'll have a lot players for actual fighters this time. Smashers, don't you get sick of playing melee. PLAY OTHER GAMES!

yohobojz

Smash Cadet
Sick of Melee? Was that a real question you asked?
I would definitely like to learn some mahvel tho that game looks silly as hell

Triple R

Smash Lord
Anyways, we'll have a lot players for actual fighters this time. Smashers, don't you get sick of playing melee. PLAY OTHER GAMES!

I play Street Fighter Sanchez!

Anyway. Think some of MN can make it. Amanze has been asking around for who is interested.

I might be interested in attending this. I can bring a full set up along of Brawl/P:M.
I am mainly interested in original Brawl though. How do you think the turn out for it will be? Also, is there anyone in the Chicago or Waukegan area that needs a ride?
SL might be here? Then, I am definitely going. Maybe I should bring some mello yellow for the occasion or a hell king for good measure lol

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I'll be bringing a full car from Minnesota. Does Wisconsin have much of a Project M scene? That's my main game these days.

fast

Smash Cadet
The legendary Fast2 will be coming out of retirement to throw down.

Can provide housing for a few
Can bring GC and smash (No CRT)

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Dang awesome, welcome back Paul. You missed the last one where we ran NBA Jam doubles!

Updated Divekick with out of Madison pizza bonus.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
Just a heads up: Me and Sanchaz can't bring our usual setups because the apartment people put them into storage.

Also, I checked the schedule and we are in the Industry room. This is the same room we had last time.

Xenophon

Smash Rookie
I might be able to make it out to this one. Had to miss IMDB 9 after losing my mojo to getting slapped around by professionals at IMDB 8.

EDIT: By "slapped around by professionals" I mean getting 4 stocked by Frootloop's Mario in P:M

Xtra

Smash Ace
doesn't look like i'll be able to make this. :( gonna be too busy with moving up to green bay. (looking for melee players in the region) i should be starting to have weekends off tho so hopefully i can make the next one.

Housewife

Smash Cadet
I posted this in the facebook group but is there anyone who kind of knows what they're doing in doubles who wants to team with me? I had to carry Carroll at BH and I don't wanna do that again.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Sorry guys but some **** came up and I need to go back home this weekend instead of attending this.......

Top Bottom