• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMDB (Madison, WI) Results

sanchaz

Smash Lord
real talk.....WI wants to be considered good? travel to a good region and beat us 0_0. so far, only frootloop/quaz are trying to accomplish that it seems :/.

also, whenever its your first tournament, the first thing u should do is take PLENTY of advice during your tournament from other TOs that have been there and trouble shooted it themselves. their advice can easily teach u how its done, and once u learn it, its easy to recreate the experience.

mist was Z.Banes first tournament, and be cause he made it a point to make sure he was doing every step right from other TOs, it was a great success.

props to everyone that went and did well.
ROFL, omg, your so funny tink

ORLY

Smash Master
Sanchaz I have a Pikachu wallet that I don't use anymore. When you beat me in a MM, it's all yours buddy

EDIT: NEVER. I AM THE PRINCE OF ALL SAIYANS.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Sanchaz I have a Pikachu wallet that I don't use anymore. When you beat me in a MM, it's all yours buddy

EDIT: NEVER. I AM THE PRINCE OF ALL SAIYANS.
what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN I SEE A PICTURE OF IT? I WILL SERIUOSLY FOUR STOCK YOUR *** TO GET THAT WALLET

ORLY

Smash Master
It has happy Pikachu on it and it's pretty awesome

Blue with Velcro

I'll text you a picture when I get home.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I am uploading all of the singles vids right now, in the meantime, here is the link to the video thread:

Melee Video Thread

People left some stuff at my place. I've got an extra blue towel and a black gamecube controller, in case you are wondering where they went. Let me know whose they are, and I can hold on to them till the next tourney.

SOs:
Ace - Nice job running the tourney. This was one of the better ones run in Madison, and the venue is amazing. I'm looking forward to more this year.
Kels - Good stuff winning the tourney. You really gotta stop sandbagging in pools lol
Matt R - Decent set, even though I missed some really easy stuff. Those vids were tough to watch. Hopefully we'll have a better one next time. Good stuff recording every match lol
Sanchaz - Looks like you're back in shape for smash. It was pretty sad when you were almost losing to lonejedi this summer, but you're good again.
Orly - Fun MM. I don't know how you beat falcos with that poo character, so huge props for that. Did scythe go falco against you in bracket?
Scythe - Fun pools set, I wish I got it recorded. I feel like I must have messed up big time every time I lose to a falco with marth.
Chexr - I can't beat you even when you're sandbagging. You're still one of the best in the midwest, maybe someday I'll take a game from you.
Oro - Smash 64 bracket was kind of BS. Ah well, enjoy that $20, and see you in the finals next time?
Gibby - We're still pretty bad as a team, but getting there. We both just need to attack more and stay out of each other's way. Nice job beating frootloop.
Amanze - Didn't get to play your samus this weekend, but your fastfallers aren't bad.
John9Blue - Your best character is still G&W. It's too bad he's not viable, I've always liked your G&W.
Arty - We had a disappointing set. Idk if those SDs were from brawl or not, but hopefully we'll have a better set next time.
FrootLoop - I'm gonna teach you ganon in 20 minutes this Thursday.
Sync - Good to see you one last time before you move away. We didn't get to play at all!
Quaz - I know what it's like to go out with low tier, it kind of sucks. I guess it's better than playing a peach ditto, even if you win it.
Fluxwolf - We had interesting sets, played all 4 matchups lol. I think you should stick with fox, you seem to have a better style with him, he's a much better character than marth. Maybe keep marth for falco.
El Jabearday - You've got a pretty solid zelda. You should learn some basic sheik so you can't get ganoned or falconed out.
Sago - One of these days, the moss will be mine once again... We watched a He-Man episode sat night that cameoed the royal moss, was pretty amazing.
Masked Sheik - I've never seen you before, but it looks like you've been playing for a while. You should make it out to the Chicago tourneys!
Jacob & Alex - Didn't get to play either of you, but hopefully you guys show up to a Thursday fest. Good to see some new people at a tourney.
Sponge Jordan - Our sets have been getting closer and closer, you'll prob start beating me soon. I really should start playing this game again, but X Factor is really dumb.
Kerahime~~~<3<3<3 - Winning every tourney? I guess I can't say I'm suprised. I think you're not too far from learning smash.
Fatboy - Ggs in marvel. Our bracket match was fun. You've got a pretty solid keep away game.
Zaxro - Good to see someone else new at this tourney. You should make it out to the smashfests on Thursday at the Union South. We usually have a marvel setup or two there too.
Vintage - You should enter next time! Even if you know you won't win, it will make you a ton better just getting the experience. We know you're filthy rich anyway!
Brookman - Good to meet you dude, hopefully you made it to Cali safely on no sleep lol. Maybe I'll see you around at a National if you're still playing.
Tink / Rat / Vro - Sad to see you guys missing, it's always fun to play you guys. Does Vro even play anymore?

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
Yeah, the material is pretty intuitive, but there's just SO MUCH. My notebook of formulas alone is 21 pages. Did you take MFE? There's no class for it so I need to do it all on my own.
yea i took MFE, we had a class somewhat geared toward it but it didn't help much at all...MFE was the hardest one for me no doubt, that stuff is just weird and you'll likely never use it again

Scythe

Smash Master
kels sux, if he had gotten 1st seed i would probably have played scythe instead of matt in losers
also scythe we didnt get enough mario dittos in...
yeah dude i totally forgot about those after we played : /

mundungu: I went fox this time vs chris

ORLY

Smash Master
@scythe: yeah I can never predict if you'll go fox or Falco

It's always fun though

(especially that 0 - death game three ending with a Darkrain combo. ;D)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Brawl Singles:
1. Kain ($132) - Shine *****, lol. Beats Luc's aerials and I forgot a lot when I approached, I did alright though overall. Fun stuff.

2. YoshQ ($66) - I'm learning slowly, though it's gonna take actual hard work to get better at this MU as well as my own habits to look at. $5 dollars everytime, free money lol. Also good **** getting 2nd, dang impressive.

3. Hunger ($22) - I need to beat your secondaries, it's hard when your that good. Also see ya in pools in a week or less, we'll be in the same one obviously.

4. Arty - Read my rolls, then I stopped rolling. You always ban Siege on me, :/. G&W game 3 got me, close set overall.

5. Sago - Forgot to MM, my bad I'll get ya a rain check on that MM. Go back to Green MK please.

7. Triple R - Got me in Pools, learned and did better in the set, but Kirby is hard for me for some reason, it's that bair. Also you read my rolls very well, I'll learn thios MU someday.

7. fbs - Your DDD is pretty good from what I saw vs Kain, almost had it.

9. Grimace - Those pink glasses were so snazzy, good stuff.

9. Zwarm - You outplaced me, good job. And great stuff beating Nappy with R.O.B.

9. dla - Your assortment of characters is huge. Sheik now as well? You might as well name yourself Ninjalink at this point.

9. Grenadeking56 (Nappy) - Your Sheik ***** me in Melee, lol. Guess we both suck at that game but you suck less. :p

13. Red Ryu - :lucario:

13. Xeylode - Now I meet you, my random is fine if I don't get Marth, Lucas or G&W, when I got Marth I choked hard with those doubles friendlies.

13. Kirk - Surprised to see you down here, didn't talk much hope to fix that next time.

Pools cutoff:
17. Moozle - Man, that set was close. When I play in bracket I play differently, and better, I dunno why it;s a mindset sort of thing for me. Your Peach does better than your Bowser on average, you got this, it's not that bad for Peach though a tad hard. We'll see next time.

17. Loki - I ruined it in doubles for us, my bad. I'll fix that next time. Also I gotta try more Falcon dittos maybe, that was fun until you had to leave.

21. Timbo Slice - When I learned you couldn't infinite Lucario properly, I took more risks. Try and learn that and I'll have to play more patiently, people tell me I'm good at this MU for some reason as well.

Melee Singes:

3. Sanchaz ($27) - Skeletor would be very pleased by this. Man you got all the way up to third that is good stuff. Do this a lot more for WI.

4. Orly - Super Sayian Orly is too pro. I wanna play you in Melee again even if you three stock me.

5. Scythe - you got so much better in Melee in the recent months, Keep this going. Also gonna ban you for poking me irl. Count on it.

7. Oro - Your getting up here, you with Triple R was fun to watch and play. Marth is new, when did you start using him in singles? Also brb gonna do the opposite diet of Kappy.

9. Mundungu - Wanna Roy ditto again? Cause I do.

9. John - I want my peach dittos on Dreamland, give it to me or else.

13. Arty - Hi again Arty.

13. Quaz - Will you Peach ditto on Dreamland? Also good to see ya, I live in Milwaukee but still don't see ya much.

17. Triple R - Hi again Triple R.

17. Nappy - Hi again Nappy.

17. Sago - Hi again Sago.

25. Red Ryu :roymelee:

~

Sponge Jordan - Haven't seen ya in so long, if you wanna hang out ever for the hell of it let me know.

I'm gonna drop Peach in Melee, I don't think she fit me for the game and I'm playing her for the wrong reasons for myself.

Had fun here and will comeback again, also SF practice will happen.

^
1) Feel sick
2) Don't care; show up anyway
3) Profit!
4) Next day; feel worse. Regret decision.
Have to love smash.

MurdaMoe

Smash Ace
hella late shoutouts

hunger- man im some real **** i can never get mad after losing to you. respect. always fun seein ya mang.

kain- beast. puttin in work. good seein u fam

nappy- they aint ready

yoshQ- i see u improved. but u still suck LOL. ima get you next time mang.

arty- fun games mang. gaw was such a bad idea... lol. good seein you.

kirk- idk if i should be embaressed after losing to you

sago- beat my marth with samus :O

sanchaz and mundungu- thx for letting us stay at ur cribs

flux- thx for the ride and drugs LOL me you and kjell gotta travel more together. we got that road trip synergy mang.

it was coo seeing all u other n iggas too. fun tourney

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
^
1) Feel sick
2) Don't care; show up anyway
3) Profit!
4) Next day; feel worse. Regret decision.
Have to love smash.
You remember that time my throat was sliced open in the ER to drain a liter of blood and pus out of my tonsils and then I hosted a tournament the next day while drugged up on painkillers? Of course not, you didn't go.

I didn't attend because I had a really bad cold and it would have been pretty irresponsible to go while contagious.

ORLY

Smash Master
Cats4peace was ****ing legit. Mad props to spikes for that.

Dude couldn't even talk.

Rat

Smash Lord
Spikes might be invincible. Dude faces serious injuries and rolls with it.

Scythe

Smash Master
I remember when he came to that chicago tourney with one arm in a cast : O

Top Bottom