• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPORTANT: University of Maryland - Shell Shocked: The Drunken Brawl (4/26/2008)

CasSteal

Smash Cadet
It actually makes a difference cuz DDD can pull out items if you set them on the menu but have it set to none to show up. Like he could pull out a capsule with a smash ball when he pulls waddles at least fromw hat i hear.

i wonder if the same goes for peach, cuz she pulls out a sword everyonce in a while. im gonna have to try it out...

Rebel581

Smash Champion
I noted the difference too. That, I'm not to sure about. I'm tempted to say, all items on, item switch to none, with Peach as my example of why. If it's built into the character and they randomly get it, I say they should be allowed to use it.

chillindude829

Smash Master
I noted the difference too. That, I'm not to sure about. I'm tempted to say, all items on, item switch to none, with Peach as my example of why. If it's built into the character and they randomly get it, I say they should be allowed to use it.
i'm tempted to say you're an idiot. if a ddd hits side+B and a capsule with a final smash comes out, why would that be acceptable?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
It wouldn't. He's an idiot.

and as always

WE NEED COMPLETE SETUPS. TV + WII.

If you absolutely cannot bring both, bring one, but It would suck if we have twenty Wiis, and like 5 TVs. remeber, this is not a venue like C3. WE have to provide all th setups ourselves. Which is why there's no venue fee.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah, you should ban skyworld.

I'm bringing melee along and will play it on my wii if there are no GCs around. This will obviously be after the tournies are done.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
chillin, bring Vtech down, we'll do a crew battle. Voodoo asked you on aim, you never responded :p. Though a brawl crew battle seems kinda ********.

rigapeen

Smash Apprentice
hmm im visiting johns hopkins thurs and friday, just curious how far / easy is it to get to from there? i dont have a car, any carpooling available?

unlikely that i'd be able to make it work but lets see what the options are

kirbstir

Smash Lord
What's the point of the ban? Because certain characters can't handle it?

It's one of the least-random stages, it doesn't move, and doesn't lend itself to any super broken tactics.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
What's the point of the ban? Because certain characters can't handle it?

It's one of the least-random stages, it doesn't move, and doesn't lend itself to any super broken tactics.
From an objective viewpoint, I'm going to have to agree with kirbstir. Which is why I am waiting for someone to come up with some insanely unbeatable tactic on that stage so I can ban it >_>

You won't see it probably anyways.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I think at this point in the game, the only bans that should occur are ones on the most blatantly stupid stages. We should be conservative for now about banning too much so early.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
From an objective viewpoint, I'm going to have to agree with kirbstir. Which is why I am waiting for someone to come up with some insanely unbeatable tactic on that stage so I can ban it >_>

You won't see it probably anyways.

I can see something similar to hyrule happening. Not as likely, but I think it would be possible. Basically get up in percent Then get to the top platform while they're on the bottom, especially with like sonic. The only way they'll be able to catch you is by breaking the platforms, and if they break one at a time, eventually they'll get a hole they can come through, but the fact that they have to go through the hole means you can still run away. they'd have to break most of the panels, and if they have to do it one at a time, it depends on how fast the panel respawn is. Also, if you have someone like falco, can they side b between the edges on the bottom? I haven't tested this of course. Maybe pikachu. Then they have to focus on breaking the edges, in which case by now you can run back up to the top platform.

Obviously, this is a stalling tatic, and you could ban it, but wasn't great bay banned for the same reason? because fox could shoot and then phantasm back and forth?

Once again I have no clue if any of this could be done, I just abhor this stage because of it's temple like properties(lots of bouncing around) and I really want a reason to get rid of it.

and of course the stage changes....it changes when you break panels and when they respawn. >_> Ie if you're trying to up B through the cloud with snake or someone and the panels respawn above you. Now you die. That's not only snake, that's anyone.

edit: oh you said doesn't move. Oh well. I still hate it.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
If you play it enough, eventually you'll come up with a counter strategy.

Savant

Smash Rookie
I plan on attending. Just curious, how many people do yall estimate will be participating?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Are you in highschool? Why don't you ask your parents if you are(to give you a ride to the metro). If not, just ask a friend to drop you off. If you have no friends, (sorry couldn't resist) then find a metrobus stop. It is impossible not to be able to get to the metro.

andrewtabs

Smash Rookie
Yea, I am. I'm pretty sure my parents won't be home that day which is why I need a ride, and I'm working on convincing a friend to go.

hova

Smash Champion
Hova are u definitely coming to this lol >_> al team with ya if u do otherwise im probably gonna need a teammate too LOL.
peach/marth would be tight

i'll definitely try to make it, might not stay for singles tho. depends on how long they take to get things started

boss8

Smash Hero
Are you in highschool? Why don't you ask your parents if you are(to give you a ride to the metro). If not, just ask a friend to drop you off. If you have no friends, (sorry couldn't resist) then find a metrobus stop. It is impossible not to be able to get to the metro.
idk about teamin chred if chozenone comes.....but if he doesn't then i gotchya..

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
idk about teamin chred if chozenone comes.....but if he doesn't then i gotchya..
Can you find that out soon? Like I don't want to find a teammate and say i'll team if boss doesn't team with me and then have that guy find someone and say i'll team with you if chred doesn't team with me and end up with this chain of ifs. Like if it's no definite in the next few days, I think I'll ask aero if he hasn't got anyone.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Hey I'm gonna try to go to this. I think it's supposed to rain on saturday, but if you're desperate for tvs, I have a few small crts i could bring, if I could get some help carrying them in.

Also, consider me part of the long list of people looking for a teammate.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Hey I'm gonna try to go to this. I think it's supposed to rain on saturday, but if you're desperate for tvs, I have a few small crts i could bring, if I could get some help carrying them in.

Also, consider me part of the long list of people looking for a teammate.
Nobody so far has said that they are bringing TVs yet, so it would be appreciated. We can help you bring them in.

Rememeber, this tournament will SUCK if people don't bring TVs. This tournament is not sponsored by the school, and all setups are provided by us and you guys.

Top Bottom