• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impossibly hard/Infinitely useful Platform AT

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I feel like I am so close to getting this AT down. The only difficult part is timing the attack. For real, everything else is sort of easy or not so hard.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
i just realized you can use this to infinitely jab lock some1 on a platform (run past reverse jab)
yayuhz
You can also do that with true pivot. I did it with squitle's jab on MK. Didn't test anything else but I'm sure it's possible with other attacks and characters. You can DI a jab reset, right? I didn't test with DI. This was a long time ago.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Sorry for being offtopic, but what is this true pivot? I have heard a lot about it, but never found any information what and how it's done.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Sorry for being offtopic, but what is this true pivot? I have heard a lot about it, but never found any information what and how it's done.
True pivot is when you input a dash in the opposite direction during the startup animation of a dash. There's a frame (is it only one? several?) during which you are technically standing, and can do anything you normally would be able to do while standing.

Think you are already running forward. Then you regular pivot, but then immediately hit back forward, pivoting again, causing this odd standing frame. With proper timing you can smash, Tilt, or standing grab.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I see, kinda like a single dashdance, just being able to perform anything out of it?
Any videos?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i was actually looking for this video the other day, but couldn't find it, thanks foxy.

running utilt on halberd's platform sounds broken :D

Tenki

Smash Hero
in slowmo, I've actually accidentally pulled this off while trying to do the technique 2nd video, so technically, Sonic can cancel any point of his dash/foxtrot with this out of sideB if he's on a dropthrough platform.

This AT is much faster/tighter timing than even the b-reverse shield cancel pdt lol.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
it's easier if you buffer it. Like if you tap forward and then let your control stick revert back to it's neutral position and then press Down shield.

Top Bottom