• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE 2013 - Thanks for coming/watching ^_^ - June 15th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Im definitely not going all sonic, I just need to practice the game in general.

but in my defense, my secondaries are all of equal fairness to sonic. I have like 4-5 secondaries and theyre all mid tier too.
No need to defend yourself. Like I said. Play to win.

Besides, most of my wins may have been contributed to Sonic, but over the past couple monthlies I would pull out Pit, Ike, Meta Knight, Yoshi, and Snake. ...maaay have to use Snake against Ice Climbers. ... Alphican's Ice Climbers. >_>

But realistically? I'll probably be going all true blue. Just to sweeten the deal, the highest placing Sonic main (if most of your wins were thanks to Sonic, case of KID and Meek), I'm contemplating rewarding with a steak dinner. ...or... $15 to go towards a steak or something IDK.

So if I go the farthest? ...guess I'm having steak.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
You could megabus for like less than 80 lol

Also TKO why are you calling Tinman possible names? dude's good and been hosting for a long time. I wouldn't give jack **** the way you're asking. or contact him directly via skype. #manners.
Yea, but it'd take like 12 (?) hours to get to Toronto and that Friday is literally the last day of school for students. I cannot take off even if I wanted to. Monday is last day for teachers. Bad luck on my part lol.

:018:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Consider me 100% confirmed for IMPULSE. I just got my tickets now. I'll be arriving in the afternoon of the 12th (Wednesday) and be leaving the day after IMPULSE ends (later evening of Monday, 17th).

Still waiting for Tinman to post up the housing situation, but pre-emptively speaking, I'll be grateful to anyone who can accomodate me.

[EDIT]

As for Project: M?

This is going to be hype.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Whaddup y'all it's yo homeboy XxJiGgLyPuFf_DuDe_420xX aka pidgezero_one aka "#1 Worst Poster in the BBR Tier List thread since 2011". I got a totally unnecessary post to make for every1 housing with me (Keitaro, Jbandrew, ADHD, Bleachigo, NAKAT, and whoever my 6th dude ends up being I'm looking at u fine fellas over there!)

So as u may or may not know I live within the Toronto city limits, in fact I live decently close to the venue - definitely not walking distance, but it's a fairly short transit ride. A one-way transit trip to the venue is THREE CANADIAN DOLLARS - or, you can buy tokens for less than 3 dollars and save a few bucks to spend on overpriced Canadian food. Alternatively if you plan on getting eliminated from bracket immediately, you can buy a DAY PASS for like 10 bucks and travel all you want, but since you guys are actually good at this game unlike a certain jigglypuff main writing this post you probably won't need it.

I got a few CRTs for ppl who like to get in last-minute practice (or any practice at all, unlike me), 2 couches that fold down into beds, and behind the couches (not pictured) is a ton of floor space where I usually lay down memory foam mattress pads so u don't have to sleep on my custy-ass floor (disclaimer: may not actually be custy).

Mr. Saturn is sitting there on my couch but he usually minds his own business.

I've been told in the past that the quality of my housing is on the "decently ok" side so i hope y'all won't be disappointed! I rent a basement in a house in mid-west Toronto, I live by myself in this section of the house so all amenities are just for us. Now unfortunately as u all know, generally when 1 person has a apartment they usually only have 1 bathroom. SO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHEN YOU SHOWER, PLEASE BE PREPARED TO DO IT QUICKLY UNLIKE CERTAIN KIRBY MAINS WHO MAY OR MAY NOT BE NAMED CHU DAT, SO THAT WE CAN ALL SMELL FRESH AS **** AND ALSO NOT BE LATE.

NOW I HAve some bad news for u guys. I work 2 hours out of town, so I'm out for 12 hours a day - this means that not only will I not be attending the Toronto tour on Friday (super sad cause i loved this last yr :( ) but this also means that I need everyone to leave my apartment by monday morning 7 am AT THE VERY LATEST. I love all y'all and I'm not a ball buster and I do my best to be hospitable, but this is just how things worked out for me this year unfortunately and I can't be late for work. Despite that 1 drawback I hope to make your housing experience a memorable one and definitely not the worst part about the trip (the worst part about the trip will be the strange smells at the intersection of Bloor St & Spadina Ave).

-NOW FOR THE GOOD PART- Plz PM me your favourite cereal and i will try to get it 4 u :)

***** PLEASE REMEMBER NOT TO LEAVE ANY PAIRS OF PANTS AT MY HOUSE UNLIKE A CERTAIN EUROPEAN GUY WHO'S NAME RHYMES WITH "MR. STAR" OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT GET THEM BACK UNTIL NEXT APEX *****

get hype, john madden, etc

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Whaddup y'all it's yo homeboy XxJiGgLyPuFf_DuDe_420xX aka pidgezero_one aka "#1 Worst Poster in the BBR Tier List thread since 2011". I got a totally unnecessary post to make for every1 housing with me (Keitaro, Jbandrew, ADHD, Bleachigo, NAKAT, and whoever my 6th dude ends up being I'm looking at u fine fellas over there!)

So as u may or may not know I live within the Toronto city limits, in fact I live decently close to the venue - definitely not walking distance, but it's a fairly short transit ride. A one-way transit trip to the venue is THREE CANADIAN DOLLARS - or, you can buy tokens for less than 3 dollars and save a few bucks to spend on overpriced Canadian food. Alternatively if you plan on getting eliminated from bracket immediately, you can buy a DAY PASS for like 10 bucks and travel all you want, but since you guys are actually good at this game unlike a certain jigglypuff main writing this post you probably won't need it.

I got a few CRTs for ppl who like to get in last-minute practice (or any practice at all, unlike me), 2 couches that fold down into beds, and behind the couches (not pictured) is a ton of floor space where I usually lay down memory foam mattress pads so u don't have to sleep on my custy-*** floor (disclaimer: may not actually be custy).

Mr. Saturn is sitting there on my couch but he usually minds his own business.

I've been told in the past that the quality of my housing is on the "decently ok" side so i hope y'all won't be disappointed! I rent a basement in a house in mid-west Toronto, I live by myself in this section of the house so all amenities are just for us. Now unfortunately as u all know, generally when 1 person has a apartment they usually only have 1 bathroom. SO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHEN YOU SHOWER, PLEASE BE PREPARED TO DO IT QUICKLY UNLIKE CERTAIN KIRBY MAINS WHO MAY OR MAY NOT BE NAMED CHU DAT, SO THAT WE CAN ALL SMELL FRESH AS **** AND ALSO NOT BE LATE.

NOW I HAve some bad news for u guys. I work 2 hours out of town, so I'm out for 12 hours a day - this means that not only will I not be attending the Toronto tour on Friday (super sad cause i loved this last yr :( ) but this also means that I need everyone to leave my apartment by monday morning 7 am AT THE VERY LATEST. I love all y'all and I'm not a ball buster and I do my best to be hospitable, but this is just how things worked out for me this year unfortunately and I can't be late for work. Despite that 1 drawback I hope to make your housing experience a memorable one and definitely not the worst part about the trip (the worst part about the trip will be the strange smells at the intersection of Bloor St & Spadina Ave).

-NOW FOR THE GOOD PART- Plz PM me your favourite cereal and i will try to get it 4 u :)

***** PLEASE REMEMBER NOT TO LEAVE ANY PAIRS OF PANTS AT MY HOUSE UNLIKE A CERTAIN EUROPEAN GUY WHO'S NAME RHYMES WITH "MR. STAR" OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT GET THEM BACK UNTIL NEXT APEX *****

get hype, john madden, etc
I obviously had to quote you, but your housing is pretty good lol. also they don't need to cereals, Kix is all they need. ;) And they're driving I think so it's not a big deal for em iirc.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
As somebody who never actually stayed overnight, I can also confirm that XxJiGgLyPuFf_DuDe_420xX's housing is legit.

Also, I booked my flight just now, so I guess I'm confirmed. Flying solo from BC, woooooooo

Keitaro

lol awesome post Pidge. I will relay that message to my crew and get back to you on anything if we have any questions.

Oh, also that 6th person would likely be False if you wouldn't mind that spot going to him. I will try to get the people to confirm on their attendance asap so we can get everything confirmed early.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
As somebody who never actually stayed overnight, I can also confirm that XxJiGgLyPuFf_DuDe_420xX's housing is legit.

Also, I booked my flight just now, so I guess I'm confirmed. Flying solo from BC, woooooooo
Solo, you say? How about some intense Yoshi & Sonic team action?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I will never forget how awful that team was when we tried it. I'll do it in friendlies though~
How about the fact I can actually use other characters in doubles? Like Ike, Snake or King Dedede.

[EDIT]

ALso, let's face it. Back when we tried it, I was still semi-scrub Sonic mode.

spoilers still am

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Note to Keitaro, I actually did the impossible and got one of the guys in my region with a car interested in coming to this. I actually dont need a scoop from you and Ill see you there. Will be buying my tickets possibly today.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ok, as soon as I figure out who Im teaming with in melee and brawl Im gonna register. is there anybody out there thats half way decent that plays a heavy hard hitter and can benefit from having a solid support/assist type character behind them.

Patches

Smash Master
50% im coming to this now. I have to come to tinners last tourney.

Although if i come itll only be on day 1 so im not expecting to get too far in bracket LOL

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Note to Keitaro, I actually did the impossible and got one of the guys in my region with a car interested in coming to this. I actually dont need a scoop from you and Ill see you there. Will be buying my tickets possibly today.
Sonic dittos aren't the best indicator of whose the better Sonic, so how about a seriouslies set? ...or a MM. IDK. WE'LL PLAY!

[EDIT]

Sorry for double-posting. I got too hyped.

[EDIT #2]

I might be going to this actually.

Would be cool to see EC again.
... is that right? Sonic vs. ICs rematch? That'll put the count up to me, Luke, you and Jake reppin' West Coast Canada. You should come! If we had a 5th person we might have even been able to do a 5 vs. 5 WC vs. EC Canada Crew battle.

| Big D |

Smash Master
I'm down to rematch. EC vs WC Canada crews would be pretty fun.

Right now I'm trying to sort some stuff out.

I'd probably be catching a 7 am flight on the Monday, so I would have to be up pretty early. What time do the buses start running in Toronto?

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071

Yo did you leave a hoodie at my house last year?

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
You still have unidentified articles of clothing from last year? I'm impressed. But no, I didn't leave anything behind.
Yeah, just the one. The rest I gave back at apex

Patches

Smash Master
Wait wait... Singles for brawl starts on sunday? If thats the case does anyone wanna do doubles? Cause im only gonna be there on saturday... If not imma just get a spectator pass and chill there on saturday and get friendlies in if there is time permitting.

Id also like to know if anyone wants to do doubles soon so i know how much money im dropping on this

Keitaro

Yeah patches please come and play friendlies :D I wanna get a pic of you and Nakat with your smash tatoos lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom