• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Defense of Sakurai... sort of

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
The only thing I think Sukurai messed up on was cutting Mewtwo Roy and DR. Mario, adding tripping and prurposely making the game casual and screwing us off the wayend. But I think it's a pretty well put together game besides all that. Not perfect.

I do wonder what he thinks of all this though.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
lol nah. If anything, Nintendo would be psyched that a fighting game designer of such a high calibur wishes to direct their cash cow.

Besides, Miyamoto totally wants to see Peach in a two piece just like everyone else.

....haha.....yea....;D

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
lol haha

i just think he shouldn't be so harshly accused of everything that isn't perfect in brawl.

im sure he didn't think up absolutely everything in the game, others did contribute.

also, im sure it was nintendo's influence that made him decide to try and make smash more casual.

the wii just has a casual approach to gaming.

the gamecube didn't...well, not really.

so he had to in order to fit the theme of the wii.

of course, i still miss alot of the ATs from melee, as well as hitsun and i hate tripping and all...

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
i know alot of u say sakurai shouldn't make smash
he makes it too casual, he made a lot of mistakes, etc.

but

if he weren't there, you may not have smash at all

and as for some complaints like
"Sakurai even made mistakes in the game's code"

well, he probably didn't even do the programming, he had others do it.

so cut the guy some slack.
Jesus christ. Sakurai was the director, not the programmer. What he wanted was put into the game.

If it weren't for him this version of smash wouldn't be around, but I'm sure a nintendo fighting game would of happened. I mean come on. You've got MvC2, Xmen vs Capcom, etc etc. Nintendo was bound to have a fighting game for its characters.

Sakurai however did accidentally create the best fighter of all time. Melee. So props to him for this.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
One question.

Would it be ironic if Sakurai made the next game because a bunch of people didn't want him to?

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
A quote chain that long taking up that much space and you don't even say anything in response?
Quite frankly, I don't wanna jump in on any arguements. Sakurai did good things, he did stupid things. I've accepted it and I play Smash.

I don't see anything wrong with that, really.

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
Define... "good in Brawl"

Are you stupid or something? (no offense..)
I'm pretty sure that he means... he's used to it, edited his techniques, or adjusted to it enough so that he would have to take time to readjust if he wanted to be as good as he used be to in melee.
If that's not clear enough, you can go to dictionary.com for more results...

Corigames

Smash Hero
Are you stupid or something? (no offense..)
You say I'm stupid, but because you say "(no offense..._" I'm not? Screw that. You just called me stupid you little piece of... uh.... 4 points already...

I'm pretty sure that he means... he's used to it, edited his techniques, or adjusted to it enough so that he would have to take time to readjust if he wanted to be as good as he used be to in melee.
Has he been to/won a tournament yet or is he just that guy who's the best out of his friends?

If that's not clear enough, you can go to dictionary.com for more results...
Your attempt at a witty remark has put you over the edge as a complete... >_> ...doo doo head... **** you 4 points... Just shut up and stop trying to defend other people by cutting down the opposition with lame insults and attempting to make yourself look like a good poster. You aren't. So stop it.

Corigames

Smash Hero
If you say no offense, I can still be offended... especially if you call me stupid with an un-kidding tone. If you want to say you were kidding, you can use the old adage, "Just Kidding."

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
What Sakurai did by creating Brawl is inexcusable and unforgivable. He made a game that thousands upon thousands of people enjoy and play all around the world. Not to mention he drew in great amounts of revenue for the company that hired him, Nintendo. What a *******. I hope he dies alone.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
What Sakurai did by creating Brawl is inexcusable and unforgivable. He made a game that thousands upon thousands of people enjoy and play all around the world. Not to mention he drew in great amounts of revenue for the company that hired him, Nintendo. What a *******. I hope he dies alone.

You don't need to say that he should die alone. It's just a game.......that's pretty......stuff

Sakurai may have slashed away at melee but maybe if we show him that many people enjoy the competitive scene and are willing to make the most out of a game that was intended for the casuals, maybe he will realise his mistakes.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
.....Or he will say "screw you tourney*** *shakes fist" and make a sequel with increased tripping frequency, inability to turn off SBs, and an official "air trip" function.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
To the previous post: he won't do that. Look at game series, one game sucks, the next one usually has corrections. The other pattern is good games, then sucky game. Then, the next game after the sucky game is even worse. However, then the series after that horrible game improves back to its original (or close to) awesomeness. A series that didn't follow these patterns are the Ratcht & Clank series cuz they in the 1st three games they were beast, but after that they have declined cuz of lack of humour, weapons!, etc.)
Sakurai DIRECTED Smash.

That means, he SAW all of this, and thought "this is good".

I'm sure he said "This is not good, do it better." countless times too.
This is true; he was in ultimate control. However, when you've got avid, crazed, angry fans about delays, you would soon change your mind. I'm sure if Brawl were to come out now, TODAY, (but with no mistakes), you would be happy cuz of no mistakes, however, you would be uber pissed because of waiting (assuming you're from the U.S.) five more months. Plus, even though Sakurai SAW everything (which even so, that statement is a little fragile of its validity) that doesn't mean he APPROVED of everything.

I could be the task leader of a project, for example. We may be doing excellently but the deadline is rapidly approaching...too rapidly, in fact. You NEED to hand in something that is due when it is due. Video game creators can stretch this a little; they can delay games. He did just that. I would see the imperfections of the work, however, when the due-date arrives, it arrives. You can only do what you can. He would see the imperfections of Brawl, but due to all of the current circumstances, he had little choice.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
I'm so confused as to ask if this is sarcastic or not.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
To the previous post: he won't do that. Look at game series, one game sucks, the next one usually has corrections. The other pattern is good games, then sucky game. Then, the next game after the sucky game is even worse. However, then the series after that horrible game improves back to its original (or close to) awesomeness. A series that didn't follow these patterns are the Ratcht & Clank series cuz they in the 1st three games they were beast, but after that they have declined cuz of lack of humour, weapons!, etc.)

This is true; he was in ultimate control. However, when you've got avid, crazed, angry fans about delays, you would soon change your mind. I'm sure if Brawl were to come out now, TODAY, (but with no mistakes), you would be happy cuz of no mistakes, however, you would be uber pissed because of waiting (assuming you're from the U.S.) five more months. Plus, even though Sakurai SAW everything (which even so, that statement is a little fragile of its validity) that doesn't mean he APPROVED of everything.

I could be the task leader of a project, for example. We may be doing excellently but the deadline is rapidly approaching...too rapidly, in fact. You NEED to hand in something that is due when it is due. Video game creators can stretch this a little; they can delay games. He did just that. I would see the imperfections of the work, however, when the due-date arrives, it arrives. You can only do what you can. He would see the imperfections of Brawl, but due to all of the current circumstances, he had little choice.
I think you explained my point very well. Better than I did, at least:laugh:! But yes, Sakurai had to rusha nd he couldn't just make every little thing perfect.

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
If you say no offense, I can still be offended... especially if you call me stupid with an un-kidding tone. If you want to say you were kidding, you can use the old adage, "Just Kidding."
That was just my aggressive way of saying I support Brawl.
Since in melee I was more likely to kill myself with fox's illusion since I was obsessed (and usually careless) with B-reversal.
I stay alive longer in this game.
And I'll take that advice btw.

Corigames

Smash Hero
So you use a move that kills yourself in Melee that is still in Brawl... and that's why you don't like Melee?

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
So you use a move that kills yourself in Melee that is still in Brawl... and that's why you don't like Melee?
I don't do it on purpose, it was so easy to b-reversal that I would do it all the time, and sometimes when I change directions I hit over B on accident and die. It's harder to do b-reversal in Brawl, so I don't do it as often, and I stay alive longer, and do way better.

Oracle

Smash Master
We hate sakurai because he has decided to ***** himself out to the casual gamers, like many other people who work for nintendo.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
mantlecore77 said:
I'm so confused as to ask if this is sarcastic or not.
Are you serious? Re-read it. Read it carefully. It's obvious.
It's sarcasm.
Yeah, he made that game that people enjoy and then he destroyed it because he wants us to play how he likes to. He made Brawl with the intention to destroy the competitive community, why do you think there are so many gimmicky stages, and tripping? And why do you think he removed Wavedashing and L-Cancelling?

Also, he is a jerk for raking in so much revenue for Nintendo. They've gone to the...I would say dogs, but that'd be insulting to dogs. They've handed themselves over to casuals and they're making tons of money off of hardcore gamers who have given them their trust while they've moved on and are done trying to please the hardcore gamers. I'd post that VG Cats comic to prove my point, but it's been posted so many times on this forum I won't do it again.

Some Sakurai quotes to prove his mindset with Brawl.

Masahiro Sakurai said:
The game I worked on, Smash Bros.,
is a fighting game, but keeping in mind such reasoning, I set out to
make sure the game did not over-emphasize the notions of victory and
defeat. I won't go into too much detail, but the game was built so that
if a player is strong in combat, just doing the same thing over and
over again won't guarantee they'll always win over their opponents.
There is a mechanism of accidents occurring, balanced so that the
game's progress and results falter easily. Whether you win or lose, you
enjoy a hearty laugh, and move on to the next round. I think this makes
quite a good game.
Masahiro Sakurai said:
I don't watch sports much and I don't find them particularly exciting.
Whichever player or team wins, I always end up thinking "well done,
everyone!" I'm not really cheering for or supporting any one team. If
there was something like the World Cup going on, I'd be inclined to
cheer for Japan and would be excited, but if the opponent was putting
his heart into it, I'd feel that both were the same.

Black/Light

Smash Master
We hate sakurai because he has decided to ***** himself out to the casual gamers, like many other people who work for nintendo.
:laugh:
I wonder how some people can be smash fans yet hate on Nintendo so much.

But this is nothing too new to me. . . same thing is happening with the LoZ fanboys at Z-U (BIGGGG effing deal over there after Miyamoto simply said that Wii LoZ would be more accessible to new gamers. . .which is the same thing he said about SMG).

Nintendo gives core gamers ALOT, this "casual vs Hardly core" crap is just the new "kiddy vs Mature" crap from last gen.

If you don't like the series being the way it is than blame Sakurai (he doesn't work for Nintendo any more just so you know. And this is directed at the fanboys how use their diss-liking of brawl as means to cry about Nintendo effing over their core gamers), had he not lead this game Nintendo would have given you what you all seem to want. . . Melee 2.0 with more characters and cooler looking models.

Brawl seems to clearly scream out how Sakurai sees the series to me atleast. Not happy than blame him and not "Nintendo goingz casualz!". Nintendo has given their fans MP3/ SMG (which is seen as one of the best games this gen by many) and a whole lot of other core titles. . .but hey, I guess MSoft's done it again and raged a completely retarted war like they did last gen. Can't blame people for falling for it again. :p

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I wonder how some people can be smash fans yet hate on Nintendo so much.

But this is nothing too new to me. . . same thing is happening with the LoZ fanboys at Z-U (BIGGGG effing deal over there after Miyamoto simply said that Wii LoZ would be more accessible to new gamers. . .which is the same thing he said about SMG).

We hate on Nintendo because they ignore the core gamers. I personally don't care if LoZ and Mario will be accesible to newbies, but if they're dumbing it down for newbies (which Shigeru has stated that they are) that pisses me off. Zelda shouldn't be easier just because little Johnny would've gotten stuck in the Forest Temple if it wasn't.

Nintendo gives core gamers ALOT.
Such as? Lesse... SMG, MP3, LoZ: TP, and Brawl. Four of their series represented. Sure, we're getting a new Pikmin, Mario, and Zelda, but what about the series that haven't been repped yet? Core gamers want to see Star Fox and F-Zero. New Mario and Zeldas are fine, but they've already had their turn.

If you don't like the series being the way it is than blame Sakurai (he doesn't work for Nintendo any more just so you know. And this is directed at the fanboys how use their diss-liking of brawl as means to cry about Nintendo effing over their core gamers), had he not lead this game Nintendo would have given you what you all seem to want. . . Melee 2.0 with more characters and cooler looking models.
Most people do blame Sakurai you idiot. Why do you think this thread is called 'In Defense of Sakurai'? This has nothing to do with Nintendo shunning core gamers and giving casuals what they want.

Most likely, Nintendo gave Sakurai the push to make it casual. Wavedashing was even known about at Melee's release and the devs kept it in.

Brawl seems to clearly scream out how Sakurai sees the series to me atleast. Not happy than blame him and not "Nintendo goingz casualz!". Nintendo has given their fans MP3/ SMG (which is seen as one of the best games this gen by many) and a whole lot of other core titles. . .but hey, I guess MSoft's done it again and raged a completely retarted war like they did last gen. Can't blame people for falling for it again. :p
Name the 'whole lotta other core titles'. And MS has waged a war? How? You sound like the fanboy to me.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
:laugh:
I wonder how some people can be smash fans yet hate on Nintendo so much
Because Nintendo started going casual this generation. Smash was created two generation ago.

Yeah, because you've got to ask, what does "more accessible" mean? Yeah, he said that about Super Mario Galaxy and look how that turned out? Even if you like SMG (I personally don't), it was so easy. Zelda is not a game that can survive if it's "so easy".

Nintendo gives core gamers ALOT, this "casual vs Hardly core" crap is just the new "kiddy vs Mature" crap from last gen.
No, because Wind Waker being "kiddie" is just ridiculous. The numerous
titles prove that Nintendo is going casual. How many hardcore gamers can you think of who will spend $90 on a fitness program? And that was a big game for them.

By the way, your "hardly core" pun? Not funny.

You think Sakurai did this all by himself? I'm sure Nintendo gave him a push. Keep in mind that this is a big moneymaker for Nintendo, and if they're headed down the casual path, they're going to want him to make it more casual. I'd say it's a job well done in that respect.

No one wants Melee 2.0. But there are people who don't want Brawl. And again, we probably would've gotten Brawl anyways.

Plus, you don't even need to use Brawl. Nintendo has gone casual. If you seemed more intelligent, I'd list some off to you, but you're not worth my time.

Again, your little "diss-liking" pun? Not funny.

Oh yay! We have two titles!!

SMG is pretty dumbed down for casuals. So it's not even that. And I'm sorry, SMG isn't even close to the best game of this gen...well, it's close, but this gen is kind of...crap, so that doesn't say much.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is such a ***hole. He gave us the option of playing yet another smash game, which is more than I can say for his critics and fans.

You want to ***** about Brawl? Why? It makes no sense. Sakurai isn't looking at these boards, and he said he's not going to make a new smash, so all this complaining lacks a purpose. I'm not going to try to restrict it, but that doesn't make it any less stupid. Seriously, I look at one random topic like, "Who is the most complex character to play in Brawl?" You know what I saw? Some random person saying that there are no complex characters in Brawl. Since it doesn't add to the discussion, and since it only serves as flamebait, there's NO F-ING POINT, unless you want to be a troll.

I, as a C. Falcon main, have more cause to ***** and moan than most of the complainers. Yes, Sakurai neutered the KNEE of JUSTICE. Yes, Sakurai took away his speed, priority, and amazing power. You know what? I don't care, because I can just plop in my Melee disk whenever I want to access the old days. All of you complainers have that option too. Use it.

You think I'm some random 2008 newb? I started playing Smash before Melee even came out, when all you could do was grab, throw, and kill. I prefer Melee to Brawl. Learn some respect for those new to this board.

SMG is pretty dumbed down for casuals. So it's not even that. And I'm sorry, SMG isn't even close to the best game of this gen...well, it's close, but this gen is kind of...crap, so that doesn't say much.
Nostalgia can cloud the mind quite easily. This gen has plenty of amazing games, from Bioshock to Metroid Prime 3 to Gears of War to Mass Effect (I like shooters, can you tell?). All gens had their ups and downs. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is one of the easiest Sonic games for me, yet it's my all time favorite.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Sakurai is such a ***hole. He gave us the option of playing yet another smash game, which is more than I can say for his critics and fans.
No one's telling you what game to play. I dislike Brawl, but if you like it, I won't tell you not to play it. I'm allowed to like Melee better though, believe it or not.

You want to ***** about Brawl? Why? It makes no sense. Sakurai isn't looking at these boards, and he said he's not going to make a new smash, so all this complaining lacks a purpose. I'm not going to try to restrict it, but that doesn't make it any less stupid. Seriously, I look at one random topic like, "Who is the most complex character to play in Brawl?" You know what I saw? Some random person saying that there are no complex characters in Brawl. Since it doesn't add to the discussion, and since it only serves as flamebait, there's NO F-ING POINT, unless you want to be a troll.
Because we're allowed to have emotions and we're allowed to be unhappy and voice said emotions and unhappiness on this forum. In fact, isn't that the point of forums? To express opinions?

And uh, Sakurai hinted that he wouldn't make a new Smash but a new one will be made no matter what. I'd be surprised if Sakurai didn't end up making the next one, as he's also hinted that he may make the next one.

Sounds like you're coming in here yelling at everyone angry at Sakurai because one person talked about him in another thread.

I, as a C. Falcon main, have more cause to ***** and moan than most of the complainers. Yes, Sakurai neutered the KNEE of JUSTICE. Yes, Sakurai took away his speed, priority, and amazing power. You know what? I don't care, because I can just plop in my Melee disk whenever I want to access the old days. All of you complainers have that option too. Use it.
Yeah, I main Samus. Don't talk to me about nerfing and neutering.

I have and use that option. I am still allowed to be upset with what Sakurai did.

You think I'm some random 2008 newb? I started playing Smash before Melee even came out, when all you could do was grab, throw, and kill. I prefer Melee to Brawl. Learn some respect for those new to this board.
Interesting how you worded that post like we already attacked you. I don't have prejudice against join dates, as I, as an April 2008 joiner, could easily be subject to the same thing myself. I wouldn't do it anyways, but...anyways.
I started playing Smash before Melee came out too. I'm sure a lot of people did. Don't act like you're some old sage whom people should look up to.

And most of the problem people would have with people just joining these boards are people who just started playing competitively. I don't know your background on that, so I'm not accusing you of a thing, just telling you that playing since SSB64 doesn't mean you're necessarily a veteran in everyone's eyes.

I don't have anything against you for your join date, but your attitude is ****. You come in here flaming people in advance, that's not a good way to start out.

Nostalgia can cloud the mind quite easily. This gen has plenty of amazing games, from Bioshock to Metroid Prime 3 to Gears of War to Mass Effect (I like shooters, can you tell?). All gens had their ups and downs. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is one of the easiest Sonic games for me, yet it's my all time favorite.
Nostalgia's not clogging my mind, I simply did not enjoy SMG.

Metroid Prime 3 was awesome, the best on the Wii thus far if you ask me, followed by Twilight Princess. But the predecessors of both games were better, if you ask me. I'm a nostalgic person, but that's not nostalgia speaking. Wind Waker and Metroid Prime are hardly old enough to be liked for nostalgia.

As for the other three games you listed, I can't vouch for them--I only have a Wii at the moment (although I intend to get a 360) so the only 360 game I can really vouch for is Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (great game).

Easy games aren't always bad, just like hard games aren't always good. But I tend to enjoy hard games more, that's just my opinion.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Because Nintendo started going casual this generation. Smash was created two generation ago.
How is Nintendo going "casual" when this is THE FASTEST PERIOD OF TIME THEY HAVE EVER RELEASED SOO MANY BIG CORE GAMES?:ohwell:
(And wtf does "going casual" mean? Making gaming something for everyone and not just "mainly geeky young males"?)

Gamers have such short attention spands . . .

Yeah, because you've got to ask, what does "more accessible" mean? Yeah, he said that about Super Mario Galaxy and look how that turned out? Even if you like SMG (I personally don't), it was so easy. Zelda is not a game that can survive if it's "so easy".
How do I think they will do it? Easy, they are going to 1:1 Motion Plus the hell out of that game. The controls will be much more accessible and open and there in lays apart of what people will call "it being easy" as well as it having the pick-up-and-play formula.

And regardless of your thoughts on the matter SMG is highly regarded as a masterpeice.
(Oh, and LoZ aint hard. Long gameplay, yea. . .HARD gameplay, no.)

No, because Wind Waker being "kiddie" is just ridiculous. The numerous
titles prove that Nintendo is going casual. How many hardcore gamers can you think of who will spend $90 on a fitness program? And that was a big game for them.

By the way, your "hardly core" pun? Not funny.
I know crap loads of gamers who got WiiFit (Hell, in JPN theres more Wii boads than PS3s. I plan to get one too). Just like I know a crap load of gamers who pulled out hard cash for those GH games which are not at all "hard core".

It was a expanded user base title geared towards, well, the new user base. It's a big game because it helps install the image of the Wii as "a console thats for everyone bewteen 5 and 95 (includes w/e age Nintendo fans generally are)".

OMG OMG, Nintendo making a big title for new users!?! That completely ***** all the time, money and backing they have put into core titles sence the Wii released!

And are you new or something? I wasn't refering to WW only. . .the Game Cube in general was "LOL LOL, Kiddy!" last gen. That was the "Casual" of last gen. People b****ed about how Nintendo should make more "mature" titles and how they were not happy about how "kiddy" they had become. EVERY game was either "kiddy" or "mature".

The only difference now is the fact that GC was made fun of for being 3rd last gen (OMG, Nintendo might become the next Sega LOL--- said the Xbots) were as the Wii is a gaint shark amoung fish and people see it's message as something of a watering down of their past time.

And no, hardly core is the correct term more often than not (not trying to be funny but w/e). I can ask 10 people to state what "hard core" means and each will have some different BS answer.:p

You think Sakurai did this all by himself?
Yep. Nintendo came right out and said that they would have done melee 2.0 with more characters and it would have come out ALOT sooner had they done that.

Sakurai openly talked about how much he put into it. . .and hell, didn't you just quote Sakurai with stuff that REFLECTS brawl greatly? I mean, the man didn't want a ranking system because "the 10001th guy would feel bad, knowing he couldn't become #1" or something along those lines.:laugh: (Sakurai's funny.)

No one wants Melee 2.0.
I beg to differ with all theis b****ing.

Plus, you don't even need to use Brawl. Nintendo has gone casual. If you seemed more intelligent, I'd list some off to you, but you're not worth my time.
Awww, Im not worth your time? Well thats too bad cause I really see you as a intelligent member of the gaming world and not just some hardly core crying about how Nintendo appeals to new people :ohwell:

Again, your little "diss-liking" pun? Not funny.
It's not meant to be funny. . .it's meant to be sexy:ohwell:

Oh yay! We have two titles!!
< Cracks my Knuz.
BWars 2 Wii
FE Wii
MP3 Wii
TP Wii
SMG Wii
SSBB Wii
MK Wii
etc
etc
etc
[end list of the fastest back-to-back releases for core nintendo titles ever on a console in HISTORY]

And we gotz more acoming!

Well thats just sad for you . . . the game stands as the first true 1 upper to Mario 64 and is highly regarded as a highlight of this gen, a jem of a title. You think this gen is "crap" than maybe you shouldn't be all up on Nintendo's balls and start spreading that hate across all consoles. Hell, go PC (if you haven't already) well your at it. . .thats true hard core rightz therez:p

Just going to leave you with alil bit of what Will Wright feels about this. .
Will Wright: Gamers kind of liked being this renegade group, and games were so complex that nobody would touch them, and that their parents hated them and all of that stuff. There’s definitely this hardcore mentality from players when they see games, maybe the Wii or whatever, and they feel it’s diluted what a game should be - it should be this hardcore experience where you’re wearing your headphones and fragging your friends online.

But I think that’s a good sign. It’s great that games are breaking out of that niche, small, insular group.
Wise words from the man behind the Sims and Spore.;)
(That was in defence of Miyamoto. Great minds think alike :p)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
How is Nintendo going "casual" when this is THE FASTEST PERIOD OF TIME THEY HAVE EVER RELEASED SOO MANY BIG CORE GAMES?:ohwell:
(And wtf does "going casual" mean? Making gaming something for everyone and not just "mainly geeky young males"?)
Going casual means that they're making more games geared towards a casaul audience. We don't have any core games announced for release at this time.

How do I think they will do it? Easy, they are going to 1:1 Motion Plus the hell out of that game. The controls will be much more accessible and open and there in lays apart of what people will call "it being easy" as well as it having the pick-up-and-play formula.

And regardless of your thoughts on the matter SMG is highly regarded as a masterpeice.
(Oh, and LoZ aint hard. Long gameplay, yea. . .HARD gameplay, no.)
SMG is highly regarded as a masterpiece. Firus never said that it wasn't. And yeah, I agree. LoZ: TP wasn't hard. Long gameplay, lackluster difficulty level. Go back to OoT, or even the original Zelda. These are excellent titles that have hard difficulties.

I know crap loads of gamers who got WiiFit (Hell, in JPN theres more Wii boads than PS3s. I plan to get one too). Just like I know a crap load of gamers who pulled out hard cash for those GH games which are not at all "hard core".
Guitar Hero is fun. We never said that casual games can't be fun. It's just that more often than not, they're crap.

WiiFit can easily be described like Brain Age. You're addicted to it, but the moment you miss a day you can't get back into it.

It was a expanded user base title geared towards, well, the new user base. It's a big game because it helps install the image of the Wii as "a console thats for everyone bewteen 5 and 95 (includes w/e age Nintendo fans generally are)".

OMG OMG, Nintendo making a big title for new users!?! That completely ***** all the time, money and backing they have put into core titles sence the Wii released!
Well of course they've put time and money into core titles. They're all absolutely fantastic games, just that there's a lackluster amount of them.

And are you new or something? I wasn't refering to WW only. . .the Game Cube in general was "LOL LOL, Kiddy!" last gen. That was the "Casual" of last gen. People b****ed about how Nintendo should make more "mature" titles and how they were not happy about how "kiddy" they had become. EVERY game was either "kiddy" or "mature".
Ironically enough, it was only casual gamers that said that. All core gamers were laughing it up with the Gamecube, as they had Zelda, Mario, RE4, and Tales of Symphonia. I think you're the last person who would know anything about core gamers.

The only difference now is the fact that GC was made fun of for being 3rd last gen (OMG, Nintendo might become the next Sega LOL--- said the Xbots) were as the Wii is a gaint shark amoung fish and people see it's message as something of a watering down of their past time.
The Wii is a giant Shark among casual gamers. The 360 and PS3 are Kraken among core gamers.

It's not meant to be funny. . .it's meant to be sexy:ohwell:
That also wasn't funny. Or sexy. Learn some jokes.

BWars 2 Wii
FE Wii
MP3 Wii
TP Wii
SMG Wii
SSBB Wii
MK Wii
etc
etc
etc
[end list of the fastest back-to-back releases for core nintendo titles ever on a console in HISTORY]

And we gotz more acoming!
BWars? Never heard of it.

Mario Kart isn't a core game. It's definately casual. Fun as hell, yes, but still casual. Other than that, we're left with Fire Emblem, Metroid, Zelda, Mario, and Brawl. Five games.

We're still missing Star Fox and F-Zero. They're other two major core franchises.

More coming? Ha! Pikmin, yeah, and Mario and Zelda are taking their second turns, but cores want Star Fox and F-Zero.

Oh, and learn to spell.

turbinator

Smash Cadet
BWars? Never heard of it.

Mario Kart isn't a core game. It's definately casual. Fun as hell, yes, but still casual. Other than that, we're left with Fire Emblem, Metroid, Zelda, Mario, and Brawl. Five games.

We're still missing Star Fox and F-Zero. They're other two major core franchises.

More coming? Ha! Pikmin, yeah, and Mario and Zelda are taking their second turns, but cores want Star Fox and F-Zero.

Oh, and learn to spell.
The wii has easily more than 5 hardcore games

SMG: Supports hardcore and casual. Completing the game is easy but getting 120 stars provides a decent challenge.

Twilight prince: Zelda. It may be easier than OOT but its still a very good game

Brawl: Great game

Resi evil wii edition: Great remake

Okami: Good port

MP3: Superb controls and is definitely not easy

Guitar hero: Again Hardcore and casual

Zack and Wiki: very underrated but apparently quite difficult.

Bloom Box: Don't know much about this but 85% on gamerankings

Super paper mario: not as good as the previous 2 but still a very good game

No more heroes: Heard good things about this game. Definitely comes under hardcore

Bully: Again good port

Mario Kart wii: Great game and hardcore and casual. You need a lot of skill to get in the top 10 time trials in the world as well as mastering all the shortcuts.

Wario ware: Casual yes but very fun

Trauma center: definitely hardcore

Fire emblem: definitely hardcore

Thats a few more than 5. Seriously if you don't like the games fine but you cannot deny that they aren't good games.

And Starfox has got to be the most overrated series I have every seen. Seriously the games used to be good but recently they have been crap. And does battalion wars ring a bell?

....Wow this thread has really gone off topic...

Top Bottom