• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Game Sound Effects

rizzod

Smash Rookie
Thats cool, but what i meant was, like the music replacement hack, grab a sound effect and replace is with something else... For Example:

The announcer says: GO!
I want to replace that with the mortal kombat: FIGHT!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You would need to recompile the .brsar containing all the clips.

As of now, you can decompile it, but there are no tools to recompile it. The people with the skills to make a recompiler, are also vastly uninterested.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Umm...yeah...

The only reason I can see people working on a recompiler for sound effects would be things like adding new sound effects for clone characters, like the announcer's voice when you pick them on the CSS. But it doesn't exist yet.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
And I don't think there's a music replacement code yet...
There never will be one unless you want to buy new SD cards every few weeks. The textures are loaded at once the songs are streamed. Streaming things off an SD card is a ton of wear and tear.

If more good clones ever come out besides for Roy (though Dark Samus seems to be making some slow but great improvements) some guys may be interested enough.

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
There never will be one unless you want to buy new SD cards every few weeks. The textures are loaded at once the songs are streamed. Streaming things off an SD card is a ton of wear and tear.

If more good clones ever come out besides for Roy (though Dark Samus seems to be making some slow but great improvements) some guys may be interested enough.
Only writing to the SD card will wear and tear it. Loading from it will do no damage. Paprika Killer said this in his blog on the Plussery website, under streaming custom music.

http://brawlplus.net/news-from-paprika-killer/#more-212

jokey665

Smash Ace
If by "never" you mean "there already is one because Phantom Wings is the best ever" then you are correct.

D

Deleted member

PW made half my blog post useless >_<

but yeah it really only wears on writes.
not sure if sound effects are indexed yet, only br music I thought

Top Bottom