• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the next Smash Bros., should there be an option for 2 Warios?

D

Deleted member

Allow me to explain the question.
Some people complain that Brawl's Wario does not have enough moves from his platforming games.
So I had an idea: What if in the next Smash Bros., There were 2 Warios? The Brawl version, and Classic Wario, with a moveset more catered to the platforming games.
Classic Wario would be selected as he is in Brawl; as an alt costume. The difference is, he has a different moveset. That way, people that like Brawl's version (like me) can still have their Wario, and fans of the platforming games could have theirs.
NOTE: He wouldn't count as a separate character.

Good idea?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Eh, I wouldn't mind in the next smash if he was completely redone and someone else had that crazy moveset/aerial mobility.

D

Deleted member

Come now, there are no wrong answers here.
I respect everyone's opinions.

Padô

Smash Lord
I hope they replace the Wario's actual DSmash for Wario's GroundPunch from ShakeIt!.
Also FSmash should work as Wolf's FSmash.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
You guys are not real wario fans then. *smug look and rubs nose with his finger*

also, he should use his jalopy instead of his bike; imagine lugging that huge thing and throwing it as someone! Best part; no one but heavy weights are able to pick it up properly. Anyone smaller will be squished and stuck and can not throw it; then can only "drop" it, which takes more time.

downside, anyone can drive it but their skills driving it SUCK so they instantly wipe out the minute they turn it!

For Wario's chomp it should be replaced with piledriver, a still grab-based move that can be used in the air. On ground, it will resemble Bowsercide, only set knockback and movement, can not be changed, and is faster.

For Wario's fart... Eh... I'm not sure. I think it should stay I guess, but I'd rather have a random wario land transformation, like he pulls out an item/powerup, eats it, and changes into that for about 5 seconds, like he does his garlic for warioman.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
No. WDF. Thats like putting mario from the platformer mario and a different mario for galaxy or something.

baaaad idea imo. Even though they have 2 links, thats just barely BARELY understandable if you think about it fully.

D

Deleted member

No. WDF. Thats like putting mario from the platformer mario and a different mario for galaxy or something.

baaaad idea imo. Even though they have 2 links, thats just barely BARELY understandable if you think about it fully.
Did you read the "NOTE" part? He doesn't count as a separate character. He is selected like an alt costume.
It's similar to the Ryu and Evil Ryu in the fan game Super Smash Bros. Crusade. You select either, and you get a different moveset for which one you chose. BUT they still count as the same character.

@Masky: Now that's going a little too far. I said have a moveset BASED around the platforming games, not be JUST LIKE in the platforming games.

What I think:
A button Combo: The combo from Wario World.
Tilt A: A front kick
Up A: An upwards fist
Down A: A crouching fist
Dash Attack: Roll-a weakened version of his Hill Rolls.
F-Smash: Power Fist-Charges a punch, then punches
U-Smash: Double upwards fists
D-Smash: Slams both fists to the ground.
Neutral Air: A strongman pose
Forward Air: A punch
Back Air: Slams back with his glute.
Up Air: Swats upward
Down Air: Double fist in a downwards "Superman" pose.
Grab: Hold *most* characters by the throat*
Pummel: Weak punch
Forward Throw: Super Throw-from Wario World
Up Throw: Upwards Super Throw-similar to Wario Land 4's version
Back Throw: Wild Swing Ding-from Wario World
Down Throw: Piledriver-from Wario World
B: Shoulder Charge-Not that wimpy F-Smash version in Brawl, but one where he actually CHARGES forward with power.
Side B: Corkscrew Conk-jumps up a little, then rolls forward (in the air) at a curve until he lands
Up B: Spring Wario-self explanitory
Down B: Ground Pound-If on the ground, he jumps up, then slams down with his gluteous maximus. If in the air, simply slams down from where he is. The more he falls, the stronger it gets.
Final Smash: Earthquake Punch-charges his fist, then punches the ground. Anyone on his level of ground is stuck, and he causes shockwaves that hit opponents.

Taunts will come later, as they are not necessary at this moment.

D

Deleted member

that's def less accurate to the wario games, wario's Dash Attack (fsmash in brawl) shouldn't be a special, his fthrow in Brawl IS "wild swing ding" from Wario World, wario can only get powerups from when he gets hit so he would have to get hit by DDD/IC hammers or something in order to be spring wario, you just basically took every remove and replaced it with "a punch" or something stupid
Technically, Kirby could only get abilities by sucking up enemies, so why in the Hell does he have Hammer, Final Cutter, Stone, Fireball (In Melee), the Yo-Yo Spin (In 64 and Brawl), Suplex abilities, etc. WITHOUT Inhaling the proper enemies? And how can Mario and Luigi use fireballs without the Fire Flower? That logic about Spring Wario is flawed. It's Smash Bros., NOTHING IS CANON.

And I said there is a difference between the wimpy F-Smash version and a TRUE Shoulder Charge, if you're a true Wario fan. It is much more powerful and actually sends you forward, so it SHOULD be a Special Move (for Classic Wario).

You think EVERY move has to be from a game, but you are, in the words of Lex Luthor, WRONG. Mario doesn't do HALF his attacks from Smash Bros., and look at Captain Falcon. Does he do ANY of his moves in his games? No.
AND, I based pieces of his moveset from his MUGEN version. I would like to see you try to make a better moveset, because I REALLY doubt you can.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Dair should most certainly be the butt pound used to break the blue blocks in Wario Land 4 (GBA.)

D

Deleted member

you should be able to run around with his Dash Attack (which is his fsmash in Brawl)

like yoshi's Egg Roll
The Shoulder Charge?
Yes. I agree.
Except, you can't turn around, because you couldn't in the Wario games.

PieDisliker's post is win.

Top Bottom