• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Monday I killed someone with fully charged Dsmash while he was standing near the ledge, when I asked why he dropped his shield his explanation was "because I saw Jiggs moving and thought you had stopped charging and it had hit my shield or something".

So yeah, never underestimate the literally mind numbing power of Jiggs' animations. People can't react to what they can't conceive.

More seriously about the 100+ ledgeroll it can work if your opponent doesn't expect it and stands too close to the ledge. Other than that it's like saying goodbye to your stock.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah her >100 ledge roll is pretty bad (also, fun fact, Yoshi's >100 ledge roll has the exact same animation with the little hops :D) and is only good if they just dont know what it is.

Id link you to an occurrence of a Yoshi using said move so you could see the resemblance, but nobody ever uses it cuz its bad lol.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Yeah her >100 ledge roll is pretty bad (also, fun fact, Yoshi's >100 ledge roll has the exact same animation with the little hops :D) and is only good if they just dont know what it is.

Id link you to an occurrence of a Yoshi using said move so you could see the resemblance, but nobody ever uses it cuz its bad lol.

even a fully charged roll is awful. It gets horribly stuffed with most moves in the game, Yoshi grabs it, kirby swallows it, ddd can grab from it. the only way someone gets hit if they're like "Oh...Pfft...rollout. I'll just stuff it" and they get hit due to messing up.

:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im not talking about rollout lol, I mean a roll onstage, like when you press L or R when youre holding the ledge lol.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Does someone here have/ is able to get a working pokemon black/white version 2 nds rom for the r4. US version or EU I don't care.

Or does someone here know how to get working nds roms?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I just can't see rollout viable :/.

Use it only for mindgames, never use it diretly at an opponent.

Using it directly at an opponent will just get you killed because they'll hit you out of it, using it indirectly such as aiming at the platform above the character can cause them to accidently jump into it and get killed (true story). You can also use it to punish people using a smash attack, if you predict that they will charge one up, then use rollout.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I dunno. I just feel there are better mindgame options than rollout. I do throw it out every once in a while when I'm off stage to recover. I've also used it to pretend like I'm getting onstage, but then barely skid on the ground or platformand they get hit, but everyone in my region doesn't fall for it anymore because they know. I've also used it to punish smash attacks, but...eh. i dunno. On Brinstar though, I rollout alot because they can't punish it too well on that stage.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I dunno. I just feel there are better mindgame options than rollout. I do throw it out every once in a while when I'm off stage to recover. I've also used it to pretend like I'm getting onstage, but then barely skid on the ground or platformand they get hit, but everyone in my region doesn't fall for it anymore because they know. I've also used it to punish smash attacks, but...eh. i dunno. On Brinstar though, I rollout alot because they can't punish it too well on that stage.

Just remember the move is alot like Dan Hibiki, the greatest strength about it is that its a bad but strong move, and your opponent can possibly slip up due to the fear of getting hit by something they shouldn't be getting hit by. Like I said before, I won a Set in Apex 2011 because I charged rollout from off screen and aimed for the upper platform on BF, Falco was at kill % and got nervous so he jumped and got hit by it and died, had I not decided to use Rollout, I most likely would have lost the battle.

Also, Jungle Japes makes Rollout Godlike, but too bad its banned.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Rollout can punish anything lol.

I've thought about it and 49 frames don't seem that long compared to how far you can reach and how hard you can hit.

Next time you see someone retreating an aerial close to the ground and you know he's gonna get landing lag just hold B.

Also it instills fear in the head of your opponent once they realize they can die from it at like 80%.

I'm making it sound big but yeah, it's still very slow and punishable if your opponent is playing safe but the risk/reward on this move is so good dammit.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Yeah, Rollout should only be used against good players (specifically, good against Puff) in situations like teluo described. Situational, somewhat read-based punishes.

My favourite mind-game with it against people who are unaware is to use it, go over their head and slow down until I'm basically stationary, land - and then I get the boost in the opposite direction.

C.J.

Smash Master
It's fine though. I ended up winning!

My puff > Mink's

With pokeballs and assist trophies

C.J.

Smash Master
Mink, let's talk about... how awesome those burgers were and how next time we're going to check the weather.

Top Bottom