• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
So as it turns out, the only games I win anymore are with Puff.

I guess I'm a puff main now

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Hey guys, let's start a new topic that could enhance Jiggs metagame.
Power shield into rest.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
So as it turns out, the only games I win anymore are with Puff.

I guess I'm a puff main now
Get back to me after you fight Olimar/G&Ws =.=... And even Snake... And tell me if you are still winning. Although I prefer Snake over the other two.

tried it..not guaranteed >.>
Buffer the rest?/Would that even be possible out of a PS?/possible at all?.... I lack the knowledge <.<.... Never tried to buffer a rest because of how situational it is to begin with. Actually I hardly buffer anything at all anymore =.=... I need to get start buffering some moves of various characters again... This post is making me feel like I'm worse than I thought I was... :psycho:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Well obviously when i talked about something as risky as this, something on my head said something like:
"When they run into you."
But really, would be ballsy to run at them and PS follow up with rest.

Because here's an idea:
I just thought it could punish Wolf's Fsmash if anyone depended on it as a killing move. Someone would then predict it and, with enough precision, could pull that out at high %. I guess it could be worth the try. In fact, i'll try it out and give you guys the results eventually.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Anything -> rest shouldn't be considered viable.

Rest is a decent move at best, kills most people at when a fsmash or roll out would kill and shouldn't be attempted unless you know it's going to hit or you're going to die at 30%.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Darn, too bad you don't have a recorded replay of this.
Would have been great actually.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Mink,

what I mean is against wolf, there were times Lumi did an fsmash. I would power shield, then rest him out of it. I mean, it's not 100% viable (more like situational), but it's possible.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Get back to me after you fight Olimar/G&Ws =.=... And even Snake... And tell me if you are still winning. Although I prefer Snake over the other two.
I fight oli, snake, G&W, and marth all the time

Osennecho

Smash Ace
I fight oli, snake, G&W, and marth all the time
Did the G&W actually know/do what it's supposed to do against Puff?.... Cuz I've fought good G&W's before that didn't which makes them like 20x easier. Marth doesn't impress me much because I know the PuffvMarth matchup well as they are my 2 best characters. Oli I'm like 50:50 all time and Snake v Puff I'm horrible at because I simply don't know how to fight Snake... Like its sad how horrible I am fighting that character. I prefer t purely because I get to learn the matchup more.
Either way... That's an impressive feat to be good against those characters with Puff.... You have my full approval, which is worth almost nothing:joyful:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Then what kind of feature G&W has that makes the Jiggs MU unwinnable?
It's mostly the knockback and the recovery right?

SoulPech

Smash Master
his dtilt beats the majority of what we do, we can die waaaay earlier, Bair can be difficult, nair can be difficult, and it's difficult to punish dair if not timed correctly.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Bro, screw all of them.
You really want to know what's stupid fun?
****ing.
Sheik.
Wouldn't know... I've never fought a capable Sheik outside of melee and yelling at the one in Zelda games for being bothersome... But yah... Best one I personally know in brawl is my Sheik incapable of DACUS... I presume crouching as Puff wouldn't take you outside the sweet spot range during DACUS would it?
Also, your Avatar is so f***ing trollishly cute I don't know how to feel each time I see it....

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Where are you moving?

Rest is viable in stage-spiking situations

Roll-out is puffs best move

Dsmash is viable

Snake is free to flying just fly over nades and be a old skool black man

And by that I mean rock the weave. Weave Bairs in and out of his ftilt range and win
Sheik is my favorite in both zelda games and mid-tiers

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I don't know where i'm moving yet.
All depends where my friend gets a job (could be anywehre in the US)
I'm graduating and i like the adventure of going YOLO.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Rest is very viable, it's a frame 2 KO move, 'nuff said. Power-shield to rest obviously can be guaranteed depending on the situation, even Rest OoS can.

None of her MUs are hard, you've just got to get better. :D

SoulPech

Smash Master
Rest is very viable, it's a frame 2 KO move, 'nuff said.
KO is signifies that as soon as it contacts the other person, it takes a stock off right away. it does NOT do that on most chars from 0-80%. PS to Rest is not viable because there are some characters (fox) where if you powershield their move, they can powershield rest almost instantly...depending on the move. it's good if you don't really care and about to lose a stock anyway, but that's it...it's a high risk/ ok reward.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
KO is signifies that as soon as it contacts the other person, it takes a stock off right away. it does NOT do that on most chars from 0-80%.
In that case, what is the point of the term OHKO (One-Hit KO)? Seriously, ask anyone if Snake's up tilt is a KO move and they will say yes.

PS to Rest is not viable because there are some characters (fox) where if you powershield their move, they can powershield rest almost instantly...depending on the move. it's good if you don't really care and about to lose a stock anyway, but that's it...it's a high risk/ ok reward.
PS to Rest is not viable because if you use it in a situation where it doesn't work, it won't work. Ok.

It isn't even a situation where risk/reward applies. There is no risk in PS > Rest (assuming you're doing it when it's guaranteed, i.e. PS'ing a Warlock Punch or something). It's not like they have a chance of reading the rest and punishing you; if you PS a laggy move that you can always Rest, there is no risk involved.

Top Bottom