• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Veril

Frame Savant
Like dead up I'll admit You shouldn't be beating MKs or Marths with jiggs. I think if you are they aren't using their characters correctly. But man... I really hate these kinds of defeated communities... almost as much as I hate zelda.
Its much more possible to beat MK than Marth, GW, Snake, or any top/high tier other than diddy and DDD. Really if you've picked up Puff, she only really has a fighting chance against those 2 and MK's who aren't familiar with the matchup (fortunately most are not lol).

This board is terrible, but what do you expect? Its a defeated community because nearly everyone who contributed here and/or actually had a decent Jiggs left. Why was that? Maybe cause its the smart move to make. That and the phenomenally irritating tone of the discussions and general lack of knowledge displayed. I feel bad for PNDMike, he knows what he's talking about and people argue the stupidest points with him (The thread on KOing for example... omg, epic fail). There is some good information here, but its buried under a mountain of garbage.

I really hope you didn't intend to learn anything in the social thread though :p

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Hey veril. I really like your ava.

What makes the snake match up harder than MK. With MK yyou aren't gonna get throw FF fairs uair and nair OOS. snakes aerial options are so bad that really should be having huge issues there. cypher is like a free kill if you save fair. you can grab ftilt and punish utilt from sheilding positions and stay in the air a majority of the game to avoid any lame projectile traps and excess damage.

Ninja Puff

Smash Cadet
For me, Snake is the easiest to beat out of the four you mentioned. Then Marth, then Meta Knight. Game and Watch is a bit trickier, though.

With Meta Knight you have to get him in the air more often since that's where his mobility is usually lacking.

With Marth you just have to know when to back away when he's attacking so you don't get sucked into any combos.

With Snake it's all about timing and knowing where he places all those traps. You can maneuver decently well around him.

Game and Watch is a whole other ballgame though and you really just have to time things right and surprise attack when you can.

I'm not exactly good with details in terms of which skills to use. I tend to learn better by example and then explanation or learning on my own through experience.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I am one of the worst trolls ever!

/fail trolling

Cold Fusion

Dang I just called Snake a Snail with a typo.

highfive

Smash Lord
Snake ***** anything he touches. You can basically win a game just by Ftilting at all times. I would know. I did it.

That means Puff is screwed.

Cold Fusion

So I think platforms might actually be bad for Diddy in the Jiggs match-up Discuss?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
So I think platforms might actually be bad for Diddy in the Jiggs match-up Discuss?
Well, it would certainly explain his love for stages without platforms (i.e. FD). Banana pressure is less effective on platforms due to their length.

Veril

Frame Savant
In response to... lots.

1. The Zelda matchup is one of Jigglypuff's worst matchups imo and in the opinion of several experienced Jiggs players who I've spoken with. The only matchup that really compares is GW.

2. Snake's lame-a** tilt whoring really can't be punished by Jiggs if the Snake can space at all. Discounting his grenades/mines is extremely foolish because they strongly slant the matchup on almost any stage except FD. Snake weighs approximately the same as a thousand Jigglypuff's made of lead. Snake can KO Jiggs with any of his moves or by saying mean things to her... or by just looking at her really. We **** in the air, which makes this matchup possible, and not too too terrible, but its bad.

3. The Jigglypuff board had some of the best and worst trolls on SWF. Most of the good one's left. I however, am back... sorta.

4. Diddy Kong does not like platforms... duh. DUH! Lrn2battlefield

Ninja Puff

Smash Cadet
I find Luigi pretty tough, though he's been getting easier and easier as I fight my friends who play them.

From the sounds of it, I really HAVE been fighting the wrong Snake players since I've never had all that much of a hard time. I'm usually able to dodge a good number of their attacks.

Veril

Frame Savant
Glick used to say Jiggs ***** Snake. He was being somewhat facetious, but it definitely isn't impossible. You can't make any mistakes, whereas the Snake player has a good amount of leeway to f*** around. If you've found Snake easy to beat, you either know the matchup 10x better than they do (which isn't unlikely), or they suck.

Cold Fusion

Tbh, I don't find Snake bad at all. Maybe it is because literally half of the people I have fought on AiB us him and I got used to their tactics. Either that or they just suck.

Veril

Frame Savant
Tbh, I don't find Snake bad at all. Maybe it is because literally half of the people I have fought on AiB us him and I got used to their tactics. Either that or they just suck.
So, you know the matchup better than them. Almost like I just said that or something... any matchup will be easier if you know it well and there are a ******** number of Snake mains (and no Jiggs mains).

I find Luigi pretty tough, though he's been getting easier and easier as I fight my friends who play them.
Luigi is an a******.

You basically will need a second that can deal with: Luigi, Zelda, and GW. They all **** Puff into complete non-viability. Marth and Olimar are really tough, but people disagree about exactly how terrible these matchups are, whereas the aforementioned ones are just complete trash.

Veril

Frame Savant
I hate to see this place go to s***. That's the most important thing after my love of some punk who's name I don't bother to spell right.

I will be honest, I strongly hope many of you will switch to a better game, where you can play JP, and I need to be in touch with people to prod them in the right direction (whether that be melee, B+, or simply a main that stands a chance... preferably B+ obviously given my involvement with that project).

Also, the frame data is mediocre and I can't let that be the case.

Ninja Puff

Smash Cadet
So, you know the matchup better than them. Almost like I just said that or something... any matchup will be easier if you know it well and there are a ******** number of Snake mains (and no Jiggs mains).

Luigi is an a******.

You basically will need a second that can deal with: Luigi, Zelda, and GW. They all **** Puff into complete non-viability. Marth and Olimar are really tough, but people disagree about exactly how terrible these matchups are, whereas the aforementioned ones are just complete trash.
I'll admit that some Snakes were challenging, but they weren't like what a lot of people said to be in terms of Jigglypuff vs Snake. I've seen a few of my friends who play as Snake do **** well but for some reason, when they come to me as Jigglypuff, all that "awesomeness" reduces. Maybe it's because they're not used to playing against Jigglypuffs, maybe I'm just that good, maybe they just suck that much, maybe it's all three or none at all. I can't say, really.

I'm fairly decent against Olimar and Marth (more so Olimar for some reason). Against Marth it's between 40:60 Jigglypuff, or 60:40 Marth in my experience. It's pretty even.

I'm slowly yet painfully getting better against Luigi. I used to not even get him down to 3 or 2 stock out of 4 in our matchups but now I can get him to one with 50%+ damage to him on average if I don't kill first (I usually die most of the times still). I used to also think you could never use rollout on him but you can if you time it right and have the ability to full charge it.

If Jigglypuff was faster, stronger, and a bit taller with some fireballs mixed together, you'd essentially get Luigi. He has similar moves, can jump really high if you know the combos, has a similar move to rollout AND rest (except Luigi's is easier to do, has more of a kick to it, and it can be aimed to where you fall after the effect without the delay). In my experience he's an anti Jigglypuff character and is the hardest character I've fought so far.

Edit:

If you predict correctly your opponent's rolls, you can use the Rest many times.
This. Whether you shield evade or have them roll into you, Rest can be pretty easy to pull off if you get the distance right. But it's better off doing it when they're at high damage lest you screw yourself over.

Veril

Frame Savant
; ;

Your words wound me, sir.
You must have misunderstood me then.

This place is like an annoying, borderline ********, sibling that stole your money and refuses to pay you back. I still love it and intend to beat its *** until it pays me back somehow.

If your opponent spams rolls like a d*** noob, you can use the Rest many times.
fixed

Noobicidal

Smash Master

This place is like an annoying, borderline ********, sibling that stole your money and refuses to pay you back. I still love it and intend to beat its *** until it pays me back somehow.

You spelled my name wrong.

Veril

Frame Savant
I hope I counted as one of the best trolls. <--- Bowyer :)

...how's it going?
You were the best troll.

Its going well, Bowyer. School is crazy hard this semester with Anatomy and Physiology, chem... and work. Idk, I'm doing alright. Going to Philly for BtL2, looking forward to meeting Chibosempai and a bunch of the other wbr kids. I totally and shamelessly attempt to play MK like you did in normal brawl (ie, infuriatingly campy), but fail cause I'm not as good lol

Still slaving away in the math mines?

Top Bottom