• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Ninja Puff

Smash Cadet
FIX'd because jiggz ***** bad weegis
Fixed.

Unless you're trolling, can you give any tips as to how a Jigglypuff player can take the upper hand with Luigi? So far it's the only character I have a main issue with.

Also, I apologize if I hesitantly assume you may be trolling. Just all this talk about how trolls roam the Jigglypuff boards since I've joined has made me think twice at times. I want you to know I mean no offense even if you may have been offended (or not).

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
there is a strategy that dominates weegi but i suck at describing my strategies so ill wait until i can get some vids up. I just bought a small camera so i might start uploading some vids to back up my claims

Force Frontal by Chicken

Smash Apprentice
You were the best troll.

Its going well, Bowyer. School is crazy hard this semester with Anatomy and Physiology, chem... and work. Idk, I'm doing alright. Going to Philly for BtL2, looking forward to meeting Chibosempai and a bunch of the other wbr kids. I totally and shamelessly attempt to play MK like you did in normal brawl (ie, infuriatingly campy), but fail cause I'm not as good lol

Still slaving away in the math mines?
Haha, thanks! Basically, haha. Now I'm doing a double major between Economics and Mathematical Economics. Taking a tough course on portfolio management and asset pricing right now, as well as a math intensive microeconomics courses, and two other econ courses... My next year and half is basically just going to be packed full of 400, 500, and 600 level math/econ courses (well hopefully I'll be able to get into the grad level microeconomic theory courses as an undergrad)... and I'm probably going to head into economics/business related applied game theory and use it to consult large corporations.

Ninja Puff

Smash Cadet
there is a strategy that dominates weegi but i suck at describing my strategies so ill wait until i can get some vids up. I just bought a small camera so i might start uploading some vids to back up my claims
That'd actually work best for me anyway. If I see something, I'm pretty good at imitating it. My friend mains as an awesome Luigi and it would dumbfound him if I somehow dominated him with Jigglypuff. He usually chooses it if I win a lot against some of the characters he fights me with.

If you do end up doing this and somehow showing me it, I'd greatly appreciate it. I mean it.

highfive

Smash Lord
So why is Zelda vs Jigglypuff considered so horrible? I don't have any experience of the matchup BTW.
I never play Jiggs against a known Zelda user so I don't really know. Id say it's because if the ridiculous kills coming early from Zelda. If Zelda's sweet spotted Airs can KO someone like Snake at medium percentages imagine that with Jiggs.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I never play Jiggs against a known Zelda user so I don't really know. Id say it's because if the ridiculous kills coming early from Zelda. If Zelda's sweet spotted Airs can KO someone like Snake at medium percentages imagine that with Jiggs.
I doubt that's it. Lightning Kick are very had to land on anyone who isn't tall, and on small characters likeJigglypuff it can be next to impossible if they stay unpredictable. Though moves like USmash and UTilt probably kill her at around 80-90% anyway. But I'm sure there must be more to it than simply 'Zelda kills early'.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
So why is Zelda vs Jigglypuff considered so horrible? I don't have any experience of the matchup BTW.
i don't thinks its that bad honestly i feel its like 60:40 Zelda. its also not hard to understand.
unless you plan on going to hawaii to face the 30 something Zeldas there, its like hunting for a Bowser main........
I doubt that's it. Lightning Kick are very had to land on anyone who isn't tall, and on small characters likeJigglypuff it can be next to impossible if they stay unpredictable. Though moves like USmash and UTilt probably kill her at around 80-90% anyway. But I'm sure there must be more to it than simply 'Zelda kills early'.
LKs can hit JP since shes not oli height and Zelda could attempt one when your jumping cause JP gets bigger.....but thats all in guessing.

Zelda is like a wall that JP has to minggame through, no ifs of buts about it unless you have a damage/stock lead. her sparkles void every approach option, she kills early, and her ground game is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JP in the air or ground, but thats it....... she can kill you in the air, but as long as stay diagonally below her the best she can do is "lol Dair" or airdodge. she has no real arigame so she can't fight you there. Zeldas is also gimpable, can't approach, and camping dins isn't effective if you know the ins and outs of how it works. hold the stock lead cosistently makes it easeier if you can do it, but shes not so bad unless mansion is available of something, at that point you might as well put down your controller and hold up the white flag before the stage finishes loading.

Veril

Frame Savant
JigglyZelda, being able to void all of a characters approach options and kill them super early does not a 60:40 matchup make. Try 80:20. And you can LK Jiggs, since her "ground game" is really a "SH to exactly the right height to get LKed game and use an aerial that can't possibly break through her wall of fruity glitter nonsense". So what if Jiggs beats Zelda in the air, she beats almost everyone in the air. Zelda shouldn't be in the air above Jiggs EVER; we can't force her there. Also, as you said, Zelda's Mansion makes her impossible to take on if she can CP it.

Stop touching the ground. The ground is acid, lava, and cancer. The ground's only purpose is to give you jumps back (which ledges do better) and allow you to punish with grabs and dash attacks. The ground killed your father and ***** your mother. Stop touching the ground.
Words of wisdom. Of course, in this matchup the air is full of death slippers, stupid gay sparkles, and the sound of music. I mean... no, that is what I meant.

highfive

Smash Lord
When against Zelda use anyone who weighs more than an anemic salamander. (I go Snake or Meta against Zelda. Playing as Jiggs against Zelda is a bad idea to me. Maybe it's cause I get hit. alot.)

So I guess JigglyZelda is right by staying diagonal to Zelda since she has no true killing potential at that angle.

The only thing I can think of to get her in the air is... do a rollout? Frick. I don't know. I'd say try and take her from behind and hope she shields so you can get a Uthrow in and start from there.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Why is it so hard to beat an MK that finally figures out all they have to do to beat you is spam Shuttle Loops and F-airs?

PND

Smash Champion
Ah, fun. I might be a tad more active in the coming days because. . .

Well, my brother has H1N1. And I have the same symptoms. So I'll be bored, sick, and unable to do much physically. Crazy, eh? (Oh god I'm so Canadian)

PND

Smash Champion
Nothing Zelda does is really safe on shields, and her moves usually have high startup / end lag. She can shut you down if you're too direct in what you're doing -- You can't just mindlessly jump at her and expect to win. In the air she basically only hits directly below, in front, or behind her, and her uair has a ton of lag. Get her in the air and stay on an angle, and just watch her and react.

For getting her up in the air, bait and pound or dash then shield grab. Learn the timing of her smashes so you know when release your shield, they do last a while.

Finally, learn to tech her smashes. You cna escape her Usmash if you mash out before the second wave of her hand, but her dsmash and fsmash can be smash DI'd down into the ground and teched. If you can do that semi-consistently, you've just shut down a large part of her game.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Nothing Zelda does is really safe on shields, and her moves usually have high startup / end lag.
Actually she has three moves that are safe on shields: jab, FSmash and DTilt.

She can shut you down if you're too direct in what you're doing -- You can't just mindlessly jump at her and expect to win. In the air she basically only hits directly below, in front, or behind her, and her uair has a ton of lag. Get her in the air and stay on an angle, and just watch her and react.

For getting her up in the air, bait and pound or dash then shield grab. Learn the timing of her smashes so you know when release your shield, they do last a while.
All of this is basically true.

Finally, learn to tech her smashes. You cna escape her Usmash if you mash out before the second wave of her hand, but her dsmash and fsmash can be smash DI'd down into the ground and teched. If you can do that semi-consistently, you've just shut down a large part of her game.
Regarding DSmash, you can only tech it if you aren't close to the edge. If you are, the nthere isn't enough room to do so. Not that Jigglypuff should be getting hit by too many DSmashes anyway.... As for USmash, Jigglypuff is one of the characters that can SDI out without too much trouble, but it still obliterates aerial approaches pretty well.

Ninja Puff

Smash Cadet
I just customized mine from a sprite. XD

Hopefully you choose not to pick Jiggs when you fight those Zeldas.
Why would I? Sure it may be smart to do so, but I'd rather be able to learn how I can play Jigglypuff even against bad matchups against my own favor. You know what I mean?

PND

Smash Champion
I should make a texture for Veril puff. Once I finish my current one, that'll be next texture I do (it'll take a grand total of 15 minutes to do, lol)

Top Bottom