• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[inb4****2: Exposé] a Brawl+ Combo Video

5ive

Smash Champion
Don't like/play Brawl+? Watch the video, it's still entertaining regardless.

Ahhhhh feels good to release another video. Within this period of producing Exposé, I tried to improve on 3 major points:

Better Content
Shorter Lenth
Less Editing

Along with these 3 points, I had a goal to empathize the techchasing and reading aspect of the game, hopefully to reinvigorate Brawl+'s image, not as an auto-combo game shown in the earliest builds, but based around the mental aspect of predicting and creativity.

I think I succeeded in all of these personal goals. Hopefully, this will meet the success of inb4rape and hopefully surpass it.

Without further a do, here is Exposé:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLj3Xid58wE

Comment, 5 star, Favourite, Subscribe

Moozle

Smash Champion
Sick video man. I loved the Pika stuff as always, and of course the Peach clips :) The only thing that bothers me about B+ is all of the silly dtilt spiking.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I guess brawl + is not that bad as I thought ._.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
It was okay. At first I was like, "Oh, that's hot." But then silly stuff kept going on. First off, even without playing Plus often, I can tell a lot of that stuff was capitalizing off missing techs, which has HUGE weight in that game. Snake sticky is really silly, at first it was like, "Get *****" but then I was like, "Wow, there's really enough hitstun to combo into frikken sticky, and do more bull ****." Like, add some cool down to sticky so you can't set it off in the same combo. Seriously.

The ease of meteoring coupled with the added difficulty of recovering due to both enhanced gravity AND much harder ledge sweet spots is dumb. I was of the understanding that the game was supposed to add a greater element of skill, so why is being able to simply stand at the ledge and spike someone with Dtilt considered skillful. Even in Melee, this didn't happen and you could edge tech stuff when hit away.

Cool video though. I'm personally glad you accelerated it, so you could fit in so much. To me, that enhanced the video, seeing as I'd rather watch it at this pace, then watch the video at regular pace and be 8+ minutes long.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Second post because I watched it AGAIN

Marth, Falcon, Ike, Peach, Jiggs, and Pikachu clips were all really good for the most part.

Snake and Pit seemed REALLY CHEEZY. Like, seriously, if I got hit by some of the Snake bull**** in that game, I'd want to stop playing. First hit Ftilt into Sticky? REALLY!?!?!?! Fox and Falco were both, meh. Considering the legacy of those characters, I kinda expected to see more.

Characters need more defense options to make up for the stupid amounts of offense in that game. ****** people makes a game seem cool, but if you want more "Top Players" to play (and with that you get more crowds) then you need a game that is inherently balanced. I'm not just talking about roster balance either. A lot of people complain about Brawl, because they say defense is overpowered. However, some players, (myself, M2k, ADHD) have really good successful aggressive games, and some players (Seibrik, Ally) have really good defense. The game does allow for both strategies to be successful through a relatively good risk vs reward system.

Plus has a very Melee-esque style, and you're getting closer to the gold, but not quite there yet. Defense in Melee is still retardedly good, and it's just not that good in plus. Making aggressive motions seems very rewarding, and not very risky. Once you land it, follow ups are just patterns. DI and tech-chase does play into it some, but character juggles and running speed makes it mad broken. Also, I don't know if Plus has improved invincibility frames and tech windows more similar to Melee's engine, but those kinds of defensive options are necessary. I have **** scenes and replays of me in Brawl, and they seem much more accomplished, because the reads were mad legit.

Overall, I did like the video.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Third post, cause I watched it a third time (I'm bored, and it was good video with good character diversity)

Grab releasing off the edge is stupid due to the gravity mechanics. Super cheesy. The one DK clip in there was legit right up until the GR and I facepalmed when watching it the third time. Also, watching the clip that goes from about 3:20 to 3:27 made me really mad.

The music at the end is fire.

Pikachu is so legit. If I do start playing, I could see myself using Pikachu.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
the clip from 3:20 to 3:27 is just the worst and most predictable jump a player ever made.

BUT DONT WORRY PIERCE, JUST FTHROW WITH ZELDA AND JUMP UAIR AND THEY ALWAYS JUMP INTO IT

5ive

Smash Champion
obv a combo video makes stuff look ridiculous.

obv combo videos will show bad di

obv all these combos are escapable

obv snake fair to c4 only at 40-50% DI dependant

obv snake ftilt to c4 di + techable

obv dis video makes stuff look broken

obv zaf love

obv u guys r lol

obv video so good

lol

MXXD123

Smash Journeyman
Second post because I watched it AGAIN

Marth, Falcon, Ike, Peach, Jiggs, and Pikachu clips were all really good for the most part.

Snake and Pit seemed REALLY CHEEZY. Like, seriously, if I got hit by some of the Snake bull**** in that game, I'd want to stop playing. First hit Ftilt into Sticky? REALLY!?!?!?! Fox and Falco were both, meh. Considering the legacy of those characters, I kinda expected to see more.

Characters need more defense options to make up for the stupid amounts of offense in that game. ****** people makes a game seem cool, but if you want more "Top Players" to play (and with that you get more crowds) then you need a game that is inherently balanced. I'm not just talking about roster balance either. A lot of people complain about Brawl, because they say defense is overpowered. However, some players, (myself, M2k, ADHD) have really good successful aggressive games, and some players (Seibrik, Ally) have really good defense. The game does allow for both strategies to be successful through a relatively good risk vs reward system.

Plus has a very Melee-esque style, and you're getting closer to the gold, but not quite there yet. Defense in Melee is still retardedly good, and it's just not that good in plus. Making aggressive motions seems very rewarding, and not very risky. Once you land it, follow ups are just patterns. DI and tech-chase does play into it some, but character juggles and running speed makes it mad broken. Also, I don't know if Plus has improved invincibility frames and tech windows more similar to Melee's engine, but those kinds of defensive options are necessary. I have **** scenes and replays of me in Brawl, and they seem much more accomplished, because the reads were mad legit.

Overall, I did like the video.
This guy obv. hasn't seen the defense on Valuno's pit, it's almost unhitable sometimes.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I watched the video where he ***** you.

I lol'd.

Valuno too good.

Some of the stuff pulled off in this video was decent. Your first video was better imo, mainly because of the music choice / normal speed of clips, but you got alot of awesome stuff in this one, so nice going.

Marik has it right btw.

Top Bottom